• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos' Lifting Strength

Norse Mythology Kratos is only listed at class G, yet he flipped the entire temple which held an artistic representation of the world tree created by Tyr, which was made to hold all 9 realms in the same space. It is the only place to travel between realms, unless you're a dwarf. He also held up Thamur's hammer crashing down on him and Atreus with momentum. He also casually lifted it during the final boss fight. Surely this has got to be higher. His greek version is universal, likely higher.

yeah it does mean anything. But we need exact estimation. Not "artistic representation of the world tree" which would be unquantifiable. So Cory confirmation of the temple weight still stand.

I wouldn't be too opposed to scaling him to one of his more powerful Greek Mythology forms (though Power of Hope still remains far and away his most powerful form and cannot be scaled to), but we need more to go on than this.

Matt's statement regarding the size of the realm being "indefinite", he said the tweets the one dude posted were photoshopped btw, in case there was any doubt about the weirdness:

https://twitter.com/AndresG70357529/status/1114027189370904577

"Yeeeah... I'm not sure where you got that screenshot, but it's not a response I ever gave. It's a completely incorrect use of a comma and I'd never use "indefinitely" (a measurement of time) as an adjective for "big". Looking pretty Photoshopped, my friend."

So them being infinite for each individual realm's weight is kinda still up in the air, regarding getting a response back, this was about a few days ago with this question being posted to him on twitter:

https://twitter.com/AndresG70357529/status/1114442138668883968

"No problem, i heard this tweet was fake so just gonna be sure from the main man himself but then could you tell me the actual size you say then the realms are? Universe size or infinte size? like Zeus's sky stated infinte in the god of war novel that's all i want to know."

So lol for still waiting on that response from him. Also, just because there is an infinite amount of empty space doesn't mean that it weights that much, but it would scale to the primordials punch and such i reckon.

> Norse Mythology Kratos is only listed at class G, yet he flipped the entire temple which held an artistic representation of the world tree created by Tyr

A representation that is directly stated by Freya herself not to be anything remotely resembling the actual World Tree in complexity or in scale

> He also held up Thamur's hammer crashing down on him and Atreus with momentum

This one, however, is likely upgrade-worthy. According to the official lore podcast, Thamur's fall generated enough energy to crush mountains, so Kratos blocking Thamur's hammer swing should be at least comparable to that.

Plus, according to Mimir, Magni and Modi as toddlers lifted the corpse of the giant Hrungnir. Hrungnir is shown to be bigger than Thamur.

Yeah, didn't know about the world tree part, but thamur's hammer really caught my eye. Baldr also got smashed by it in the final fight too after his spell broke, and was seamingly unharmed.

Let us not forget the minute details either, when kratos flipped the temple, he also flipped tyr's vault with all the mechanisms and gold, pottery, ect. Just bringing up things I saw when playing through the game for my 50th time lol

As of right now yes. Problem we have is that we don't have much to work with, and until the sequels come out and involve the realms and other mythological creatures like fenrir and such, we just don't have enough information.

lazy estimate of the weight of Hrungnir since i dont feel like getting exact height of Thamur via pixel scaling

using square cube law; and dividing by two;

https://image.slidesharecdn.com/gdc...ls-in-god-of-war-iii-15-728.jpg?cb=1331906807

https://twitter.com/corybarlog/status/997538903623004160

somewhat comparable heights and so this is more of an upper end estimate

using a bmi of 20 (really low endish) and a height of 500 meters.

BMI = (Weight in Kilograms / (Height in Meters x Height in Meters))

20 = ( (x / (500^2))

solve for the x value

5000000 kg is the weight of his body or 5,000 tons? per each it'd be 2,500 tons, i dunno the context

interesting...how its less than the 1,774,000 ton feat

loldouble the golden gatebridge

Mephistus said:
lazy estimate of the weight of Hrungnir since i dont feel like getting exact height of Thamur via pixel scaling
using square cube law; and dividing by two;

https://image.slidesharecdn.com/gdc...ls-in-god-of-war-iii-15-728.jpg?cb=1331906807

https://twitter.com/corybarlog/status/997538903623004160

somewhat comparable heights and so this is more of an upper end estimate

using a bmi of 20 (really low endish) and a height of 500 meters.

BMI = (Weight in Kilograms / (Height in Meters x Height in Meters))

20 = ( (x / (500^2))

solve for the x value

5000000 kg is the weight of his body or 5,000 tons? per each it'd be 2,500 tons, i dunno the context

interesting...how its less than the 1,774,000 ton feat

loldouble the golden gatebridge
You would also have to take into account that it was falling with momentum from a couple hundred feet in the air. With this knowledge though, he did lift the hammer rather easily.

Back