• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos (God of War) vs Berserker (Fate/Stay Night)

Kratos has all of his weapons and abilities from God of War 3. Fight takes places on the summit of Olympus. Victory via Death.

R1: Illya is present and can be targeted.

R2: Illya is absent.

Kratos can solo this version of the fate series not many of them pose a threat except for maybe Gilgamesh he gets hard pressed hard and unfortunately ya this is a mis match

Well, it can be draw if Kratos do not have enough mystery to bypass Berserker's God Hand. But I think Kra has enough...

Gods are Divine Spirits in the Nasuverse, meaning they are living, breathing mystery at its highest. Kratos regularly slaughters them. I hate Kratos for becoming a one-dimensional warmonger by the end, but he takes this.

By verse equalization standards, their age along with their magical abilities would put them in the same tier.

Besides, God Hand can also be breached by strong enough attacks even if they don't have as much mystery as him (such as Archer's Caladbolg II and a boosted Gae Bolg from Lancer according to WoG). Given the fact that both are City Level at best, Krato's Island Level AP would easily cut through Berserker's defenses.

Alice Liddel in WikiLand said:
Attack Potency doesn't break conceptual attacks. Gae Bolg would instantly kill Kratos for example. Even if he is more than city level.
And if kratos decides pull out the claw of hades everyone gets soul ripped not to mention anyone in fate/stay getsbone shotted and blitz before any of their defence ignoring abilities come into play here my friend

Minstry of pain said:
Attack Potency doesn't break conceptual attacks. Gae Bolg would instantly kill Kratos for example. Even if he is more than city level.
And if kratos decides pull out the claw of hades everyone gets soul ripped not to mention anyone in fate/stay getsbone shotted and blitz before any of their defence ignoring abilities come into play here my friend
Claws of Hades are the less powerful weapons in GoW 3. They even struggle to kill random mooks.

Just double checked the Kratos's profile, he has a shitload number of advantages to make this fight is a stomp. >__> maybe Bersy can keep up for a couple of time... and then lose horriblly to Kratos

Yes, AP do not bypass God's Hand that easily. Even if AP is Planet Level or even Universe Level God's Hand can protect Berserker as long as there is not enough mystery level.

As for Archer's ability to boost his damage output. He utilizes magecraft to raise mystery level (like Lancer could level up Gae Bolg to A level mystery with his runes). And the main problem is actually... How calculate mystery level... Since according to Nasuverse ML is partially subject of age... =_=

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/God_Hand

That's not what it says on the article describing it anyway. It can be breached by anyone with an A-Rank Strength Statistic assuming they haven't killed him with it already. Berserker's own strength statistic is A+ and he's around City Level. Considering Krato's strength (EJ vs Berserker's PJ), he shouldn't have a problem killing Berserker a few times with pure physical strength.

The Blade of Olympus was forged by the Gods, so that ought to have enough mystery to punch through God Hand (considering the fact that Shirou could do the same with nothing but Berserker's skills embedded in his Axe Sword).

Admittedly, I'm running off what I remember off the Spawn vs Kratos Death Battle, so feel free to correct me about any God of War details. I also haven't had the opportunity to read the Fate/Stay Night novel so I'm running off the anime, movie, and manga.

You should remember that those A+ rank Stength are basically Servants... Who are mystery all around by themselves. Others used magecraft (Rin and Shirou). It was said that even Caster could survive megatons Nucler Warhead in her face without any damage.

By the way. A-rank mystery is usually Divine weapons created by Divinites. So we should stick with it.

Then in that case it's a stalemate since Berserker doesn't have the sanity to use Nine Lives.

Unless Krato's weapons each have enough mystery to pierce God Hand (again I wouldn't know, never played one of these games) then they would be unable to hurt each other and would be locked in unending combat.

I don't think Illya being present or not is much of a consequence since he was able to temporarily ward off an assault from Gilgamesh of all people through tanking the weapons (novels) or deflecting them (anime). Hell, it'd probably make Berserker fight harder due to his fatherly instinct.

Thanks for clearing up God Hand for me, but that gets me wondering... does that mean if someone lacks magical attacks they can't kill Berserker? I mean, there's reality warping and hax for sure, but it's still something to chew on.

A lot apparently, almost all of them being the weapons of the gods he's killed or were forged on Olympus:

Blade of Chaos, Gauntlet of Zeus, Sun Shield, Triton's Lance, Charon's Mask, Blade of the Gods, Blade of Artemis, Poseidon's Trident, Blades of Athena, Arms of Sparta, Thera's Bane, Automaton Gear, Barbarian Hammer, Spear of Destiny, Blade of Olympus, Golden Fleece, Icarus Wings, Head of Euryale, Typhon's Bane, Amulet of the Fates, Blades of Exile, Claws of Hades, Nemean Cestus, Nemesis Whip, Bow of Apollo, Head of Helios, Boots of Hermes, Hades Soul

Dunno if God of War's gods would be anywhere near a Nasuverse divine spirit (as you said) but they do have the age, if nothing else. The quality of a mystery is primarily dependent on its age and its fame so... *shrugs*

Well, I can't help here. All I knew is that facet of Amaterasu - Tamamo no Mae can inflict damage on country level scale. And Amaterasu herself could defeat EXTRA Gilgamesh effortlesly (by the words of Type Moon).

Yamatohime said:
Well, I can't help here. All I knew is that facet of Amaterasu - Tamamo no Mae can inflict damage on country level scale. And Amaterasu herself could defeat EXTRA Gilgamesh effortlesly (by the words of Type Moon).
And avatar of Akasha can't defeat an average servant. Don't take those words seriously.

Minstry of pain said:
Claws of Hades are the less powerful weapons in GoW 3. They even struggle to kill random mooks.
They ripped souls of both atlas and hades himself who are both island level based off scaling from ares so ya or are island level giants mooks.

Minstry of pain said:
Minstry of pain said:
They ripped souls of both atlas and hades himself who are both island level based off scaling from ares so ya or are island level giants mooks.
So. Are you trying to say that random skeletons in GoW 3 are island level?

Also. Even if by some miracle Kratos manages to kill Berserker once. The next time he will be inmune to that attack. Up to eleven. So good luck.
Since majority of Kratos' weapons are divine constructs he posses enough different ways to bypass GH.

Again. Divine in GoW =/= Divine in Fate. Even by verse-equalization they are not the same.
The only Divinity we saw in Nasuverse was Amaterasu. But we know that Divinites in Nasuverse were killed by humans too.

Minstry of pain said:
Minstry of pain said:
So. Are you trying to say that random skeletons in GoW 3 are island level?
You ever heard of game mechanics skeltons or anyone who's name isn't zues in the verse pose no threat to kratos. Or are we using game mechanics to judge characters instead of cut scenes to judge characters. He pulled out hades soul with little effort who again gets scaled to ares and is island level. The minions are put in the game as mechanic to make the game challenging just as much as spikes hurt a city level hedgehog in sonic. Technically or do we give kratos a health bar during this fight and a mana bar also lets give him his alternate costumes for infinite health.

Kratos has 0 ways to hurt Hercules except the Blade of Olympus and it's not even as powerful as a normal anti army NP like Cu Chulainn's Gae Bolg

Kratos has human speed and reaction, while Hercules is an hypersonic servant always bloodlusted. He will slice Kratos in half with his own hands.

Stop claiming GoW weapons are powerful, servants are immune to soul reaping and most magic types, this is a child play for Berserker. Hell, Illya would take down Kratos by herself with her alchemy birds

Back