• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos antifeats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are like 90% of those from just falls 🗿
I ain't no Kratos stan but that's like arguing Mario, Batman and more dying from fall damage makes them 10-A to 9-C, even though in the same breath they could have just finished smashing down walls or something, aka feats that should by all accounts make fall damage from anything bar re-entry do nothing.

Fall damage, along with bullets and the sun's heat are the big 3 "authors think it's way more dangerous then they actually are" trinity.

The rest idk, I ain't no Kratos stan.

Game mechanic stuff. Are we gonna say Draugrs are High 3-A because they can damage Kratos in game? No. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the person that made that imgur thinks that.

Isn't that just another antifeat though lol?

Kratos has infinite or immeasurable lifting strength, but clearly has to put in genuine effort to lift something that's confirmed to weigh a bit over 1.7 million tons or Class G, someone with infinite lifting strength could lift any finite mass with zero effort.

Literally any feat in general that seems weak in comparison to his greater ones.

So you're trying to say it's impossible for antifeats to exist in GoW because of a statement Cory Barlog made about Kratos failing to break chests in 2018 lol

I understand Kratos struggling to open chests or doors, but Kratos lifting the temple is treated as an actual feat and even recognized by Cory Barlog as such given that he himself told us the weight of the temple on Twitter, he could have very easily just said it's infinite or portrayed it as such if that was the intent but didn't.

There comes a point where the sheer volume of antifeats (legitimate ones, not blatant game mechanics like struggling to open a chest) outweigh the handful of tier 2 feats, in my opinion at least.

So you're trying to say it's impossible for antifeats to exist in GoW because of a statement Cory Barlog made about Kratos failing to break chests in 2018 lol

I understand Kratos struggling to open chests or doors, but Kratos lifting the temple is treated as an actual feat and even recognized by Cory Barlog as such given that he himself told us the weight of the temple on Twitter, he could have very easily just said it's infinite or portrayed it as such if that was the intent but didn't.

There comes a point where the sheer volume of antifeats (legitimate ones, not blatant game mechanics like struggling to open a chest) outweigh the handful of tier 2 feats, in my opinion at least.
He doesn't fail to break or lift chests, cory just said kratos struggles with opening a chest despite the fact he can lift the cosmos with atlas.

The last time you tried to religiously nitpick and disingenuously downplay and degrade GoW you created worse wank. Probably not the best idea.

@Purgy No I'm saying anti feats which consists of enemies hurting him in the game or using strategy guides for proof or literally anything from GoW 2 where Kratos literally lost all of his powers and had to get it all back from Zeus is ******** because it involves ignoring the creator's intent and the context of the story, especially when stuff like random enemies hurting Kratos is never once made a big deal over the major events like the World pillar threatening all of existence, Uranus making the universe, Morpheus merging his dream realm with the human realm, the 9 realms shaken by Thor and Jormungandr's power, among many other things.

He literally never once mentioned the temple weight, only the bridge weight, which Kratos did with not that much effort btw.

Ok yeah sure, the quantity of anti-feats that are either brushed aside/never made a big deal out of in the context compared to the big events in the story that actually matter in the grand scheme of things. I guess Ichigo should be downgraded to tier 9 because he got burned by lava in his bankai state and was screaming in pain according to your logic.

He doesn't fail to break or lift chests, cory just said kratos struggles with opening a chest despite the fact he can lift the cosmos with atlas.

The last time you tried to religiously nitpick and disingenuously downplay and degrade GoW you created worse wank. Probably not the best idea.
Ironic that you talk about nitpicking as that's literally all this post is, so what if I mixed up destroy and open, my argument is changed how?

What are you talking about with religiously downplay GoW lol? I made one thread on it over a year ago, I've no interest in the verse itself and have almost never participated in any thread involving it, either you're confusing me with someone else or you're throwing out baseless accusations.

@Purgy No I'm saying anti feats which consists of enemies hurting him in the game or using strategy guides for proof or literally anything from GoW 2 where Kratos literally lost all of his powers and had to get it all back from Zeus is ******** because it involves ignoring the creator's intent and the context of the story, especially when stuff like random enemies hurting Kratos is never once made a big deal over the major events like the World pillar threatening all of existence, Uranus making the universe, Morpheus merging his dream realm with the human realm, the 9 realms shaken by Thor and Jormungandr's power, among many other things.

He literally never once mentioned the temple weight, only the bridge weight, which Kratos did with not that much effort btw.

Ok yeah sure, the quantity of anti-feats that are either brushed aside/never made a big deal out of in the context compared to the big events in the story that actually matter in the grand scheme of things. I guess Ichigo should be downgraded to tier 9 because he got burned by lava in his bankai state and was screaming in pain according to your logic.
Again, I'm not talking about things like Kratos struggling with fodder or opening chests in game, there's a difference between what is a blatant game mechanic and how a character is consistently portrayed narratively.

All we have to go off of is the bridge weight, regardless the temple isn't infinite so my point isn't changed, you can say the temple is a billion times heavier than the bridge, that's still infinitely less than infinite.

Things like Kratos being damaged by weak NPC's or struggling to lift a door for the sake of gameplay are fine and are easily dismissed, the real issue is the statements about how fodder enemies are canonically comparable to him or how he's stated to need all his strength to lift a monolith or how Baldur can't hold more than 446 arrows before collapsing, statements can't be as easily dismissed as gameplay moments.

That's a non-canon movie lol and this is called whataboutism, maybe focus on the topic at hand?

Yeah, Kratos consistently portrayed narratively by the developers to be this god like being capable of matching titans gods and primordials who have consistently shown in the lore and confirmed the creators to have cosmic level feats. If you really think random enemies that can scratch him or anything in GoW 2 where he was nerfed from his powers completely by Zeus is remotely an argument then you have no ground to stand on.

The temple is completely irrelevant as he literally did a far better feat early on in the game with no mentions or signs of him struggling at all as he said he didn't even hurt his back moving the entire bridge, which dwarfs the temple's size by a wide margin.

The arrows? You do realize you're talking about the same dude who consistently matched Base Kratos' power throughout all of Norse God right? The same dude who pushed a bridge with no effort, yeah sure tell me more about how him just playing a game with everyone else and not taking the situation seriously due to his immortality.

GoW is Tier 2 mainly thanks to the narrative, no? Characters creating the cosmos with punches, time arising with Cronos's birth, Atlas lifting the universe, and so on. These are things that are impossible to ignore, and if you ignore them, the verse doesn't exist lol

Yeah, Kratos consistently portrayed narratively by the developers to be this god like being capable of matching titans gods and primordials who have consistently shown in the lore and confirmed the creators to have cosmic level feats. If you really think random enemies that can scratch him or anything in GoW 2 where he was nerfed from his powers completely by Zeus is remotely an argument then you have no ground to stand on.

The temple is completely irrelevant as he literally did a far better feat early on in the game with no mentions or signs of him struggling at all as he said he didn't even hurt his back moving the entire bridge, which dwarfs the temple's size by a wide margin.

The arrows? You do realize you're talking about the same dude who consistently matched Base Kratos' power throughout all of Norse God right? The same dude who pushed a bridge with no effort, yeah sure tell me more about how him just playing a game with everyone else and not taking the situation seriously due to his immortality.
Kratos' portrayal is all over the place to be frank, I don't deny that Tier 2 feats exist in GoW, nor do I deny that Atlas held up an infinite world, I'm just pointing out that GoW has quite a bit of antifeats, the imgur in the OP is proof of this, even if a good 70-80% of those are just ignoring specific context etc.

He may have done better feats at different times but it doesn't change that it's clearly still an antifeat.

Yes, I'm aware Baldur matched Kratos and therefore scales to infinite lifting strength, I'm just pointing out antifeats as that's relevant to this thread.

Oh great so you admit that the majority of these scans are ignoring context. Thanks for agreeing with me on that. Tell me more how these anti feats are major parts of the narrative for GoW, if you can’t explain how these are made a big deal by the series itself then good luck trying to downgrade the verse.

You never explain how it’s an anti feat when at no point does Kratos strain himself to the point he’s exhausted from doing the feat.

So you’re aware of Balder matching Kratos, meaning the arrows scene is completely irrelevant as Balder’s consistent showings is matching a guy who did better feats than holding up arrows.

Oh great so you admit that the majority of these scans are ignoring context. Thanks for agreeing with me on that. Tell me more how these anti feats are major parts of the narrative for GoW, if you can’t explain how these are made a big deal by the series itself then good luck trying to downgrade the verse.

You never explain how it’s an anti feat when at no point does Kratos strain himself to the point he’s exhausted from doing the feat.

So you’re aware of Balder matching Kratos, meaning the arrows scene is completely irrelevant as Balder’s consistent showings is matching a guy who did better feats than holding up arrows.
What's with GoW fans always being so passive aggressive lol? I'm not going to downgrade the verse or anything of the sorts, I'm just partaking in the thread, you can stop being so hostile.

He visibly strains himself to perform the feat, it really doesn't get any more blatant than what was shown, as I said earlier, a character with infinite lifting strength could lift any finite mass with zero effort, something Kratos clearly doesn't do for that feat.

I'm aware that Baldur has other feats yes, it doesn't mean he can't have antifeats. I'm not saying Baldur isn't crazy strong or that he doesn't scale to Kratos, I'm just pointing out that GoW has many, many low end feats that contradict their high end ones on occasion, whether or not that overwrites them is entirely preferential, I don't have a problem with GoW being Tier 2 though.

I’m not being hostile, I’m just telling you to prove your point since you keep saying that the anti feats matter far more than any of the tier 2 feats. If you’re going to keep bringing this up I expect you to actually prove your point beyond saying a lot of the anti feats exist, which doesn’t matter at this point since you already admitted a majority of the scans are ignoring context.

And yet right after that he’s clearly fine, plus again, he moved a bridge far larger than the temple early on in the game with little effort. So the temple feat, which he wasn’t strained or exhausted by the feat at all btw, doesn’t matter when he effortlessly did a better feat early on.

So why are you even arguing about the anti feats being legit if you don’t have a problem with tier 2 GoW in the first place? Any of the anti feats you mention with Balder is completely irrelevant as narratively he’s portrayed much stronger than that. If that’s all there is to it I’m just closing the thread since everyone else already agreed this Imgur post is a joke.

Do you even expect me to say anything here other than how every single feat in that link is blatant game mechanics + ignoring context? I'm honestly surprised this thread hasn't been closed already and tossed down the *******. We literally discussed this in the General Discussion thread LOL, @Planck69 himself can say as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back