• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Koyomi Araragi - Zoku Reality Warping Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agnaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Gold Supporter
After asking about it here a few months ago, I've finally finished the key for Koyomi Araragi's reality warping event during Zoku, and hence, his quasi-human form.

While going through some of the old novels (for the new Episode profile), I also noticed that his full-vampire key should have Limited Memory Manipulation, for being able to dig through his mind for memories like Shinobu.

Something that might need to lead to further changes in the future is the novel depiction of this feat. In the novels, Koyomi barely dodged and hopped off his bike, which got destroyed, then Kanbaru punched through a concrete block wall, then Kanbaru actually punched Araragi into the ground and sent him flying. The anime just had Koyomi get punched along with his bike and had him sent flying.

To me it seems like the anime just collapsed two novel feats into one and omitted the one in between, but I'm not sure whether that should make it unusable or not. If it is unusable then there is the statement right in the middle of Kanbaru punching through a concrete block wall, but that would need a calc. There's also this feat from Kanbaru in Zoku that looks similarly impressive to the Bake one.

In summary:

1. Should Koyomi get limited memory manip like Shinobu has?

2. Should the Kanbaru punching calc stay or get revised?

3. Is the reality-warping key otherwise good to apply?

1: If he does the exact same thing as Shinobu, then yes, he should.

2: I'd say the calc is still usable, since even in the Light Novel, Kanbaru still punched Araragi to the ground. It just seems to have changed the order of things a bit, but i don't think that's enough to nullify the calc.

3: Yes, it seems fine.

Uno: Yes, if Araragi became a True Vampire just as Shinobu and Episode, then it's fine (btw I don't remember if Episode was a true vampire or not)

Due: Hmmm it's currently fine to me but if we have access to the feat source, then it's fine to use it

Trés: Zoku key for Araragi is basically the form of "parodic human/vampire"? if yes, he still has some feat and scaling so I want to say yes

@Causality Zoku key is that plus the reality warping event he created in Zoku. Here's the draft:

Koyomi Zoku​
Tier: 10-A, High 8-C with creation
Powers and Abilities: Immortality (Types 1, 2, and 3), Regenerationn (Varies with amount of vampirism, Low to Low-Mid), Enhanced Senses, Reality Warping (Warped reality on a town-wide scale to materialize the regrets and bad memories people were trying to leave behind), Memory Manipulation (Altered people's memories to be consistent with the warped reality), Mind Manipulation (Altered Yotsugi's personality to let her express emotion), Age Manipulation (Made Mayoi older), Size Manipulation (Made Kare shorter), Empathic Manipulation (Put Kanbaru into her rage state permanently), Creation (Created two incarnations of Tsubasa Hanekawa and an incarnation of Sodachi despite them not being in town, created a castle), Power Bestowal (Granted Nadeko her deity powers and Shinobu her human powers), Power Nullification (Took away Shinobu's vampiric powers), Resurrection (Resurrected Tooe Gaen), possibly Perception Manipulation (All the text in every book in town was flipped, but it's unclear whether the books were warped or if everyone's perception was flipped)

Attack Potency: Athlete level (Latent vampirism keeps his body in peak physical condition), Large Building level with creation (Created a castle)

Speed: Varies (Gains more speed as he regains more of his vampirism), Athletic Human (Latent vampirism keeps his body in peak physical condition) to SuperHuman (With some vampirism, can run a 100-meter dash in five seconds)

Lifting Strength: Regular Human

Striking Strength:
Athlete level

Durability:
Small Building level (Survived being punched by Kanbaru with only internal ruptured organs)

Stamina: Same as previous key?

Range: Kilometers (Warped reality on a town-wide scale)

Standard Equipment: None notable

Intelligence: Same as previous key

Ah! I still didn't watched entirely this part lol, I'am actually when he meet hachkiuji nee-san, I've stoped because of exams and didn't restarted.

But yea, a key for him from Zoku is fine.

Agree on everything FRA.

If Koyomi Zoku was put into a battle, could he actually recreate any of the Reality Warping feats? I only remember the mirrors being the cause of Koyomi's reality warp.

Theoretically if the fight started just as he was reaching out into the mirror, he could, but we wouldn't be able to tell what would come from it (what are regrets a character wants to leave behind) in 99% of cases. But it's still interesting to index regardless.

1. Memory Manip on self is fine.

2. Yes, the novels having a feat is fine and should be applicable, I believe.

3. I don't see any explicit issue with allowing the RW key.

Yee

Coo

This seems fairly uncontroversial to apply then.

Alright, I've added it. This thread can be closed now.

Rather and I were talking, and we noticed three things with Seishirou Shishirui's profile.

Firstly, since a vampire's energy drain is superior to a meddlecat's, he should have the Minor Memory Manipulation and Regenerationn Nullification that Tsubasa Hanekawa's energy drain has.

Secondly, Hanekawa's energy drain heals her, but I'm not sure if this should scale to Shinobu's and Seishirou's energy drain since their energy drain being "superior" could just be about potency rather than how that energy can later be used.

Thirdly, turns out Seishirou doesn't damage Kanbaru; she dodges his attack and collapses from energy drain, not an attack. The question then is what to rate him. He cracks the ground when jumping which seems 9-C/9-B, but this seems awfully low. He might be comparable to Koyomi Araragi due to also being Shinobu's thrall but I don't think this is explicitly stated. Should he be put at Unknown until we get better information (i.e. until the novel's translated)?

That was the anime's visuals. In the novels his body was blown away right before he energy drained KS but it wasn't mentioned how long it took to regenerate or if that affected his Regenerationn.

Hell, in Tsuki there were statements that Araragi regenerated simultaneously as his body parts were destroyed during Kizu, so I can't really see an opening there for energy drain to be a factor in healing.

When I heard that idea phrased other ways I disagreed, but now that you put it that way it does make sense. Becoming a vampire is basically a powerup, since they got it from the same person Seishirou should scale, I'm not sure about the other way around since Seishirou's been a vampire longer and has a bunch of other powers, but Araragi > Seishirou should be fine.

So, should I change Seishirou to Small Building level+ from Small Building, and change his justification to fit?

Also, should this then scale to Kako (aka the History Tiger) due to her fire making Seishirou flee? Or was it just an annoyance to Seishirou, but not necessarily that strong?

Can you remind me about the reasons for this?

Seishirou Shishirui and Koyomi Araragi are both the only humans turned into vampires by the strongest being in the series, Shinobu Oshino. Koyomi's regularly stated to be far above other vampires without any training merely because of this fact.

Since we've realized that Seishirou's current AP justification is invalid, we're considering scaling his physical stats to Koyomi's, rather than putting him at Unknown/9-C until we get more novels translated.

Okay. I suppose that seems reasonable, as long as it is not pure guesswork.

It's never stated that the two are comparable, but Koyomi's stated to be strong for that reason, and Seishirou has that same reason.

Does this still count as "not pure guesswork"?

I do not know. If there is no way to properly compare them yet, we should probably add a "possibly" before at least.

I'll wait for more input then.

Imo Seishirou should, at the very least be as powerful as a "No training, no knowledge about supernatural" Kizu Koyomi, our loli vamp had already stated Seishirou to be a master oddity killer even as a human, which would logically make him far superior to this version of Koyomi, though for the sake of indexing I am fine with "likely".

I've added it as a "likely". I also gave him Minor Memory Manip/Regen Nullification to match Shinobu's and Tsubasa's energy drains, as mentioned here. And I gave him Class 5 lifting strength to match Koyomi during Kizu.

I am personally fine with it. What do you think Agnaa?

That seems fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back