• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kizumonogatari vampires stats revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuasiYuri

They/Them
VS Battles
Retired
Blabla I'm reading Monogatari and Kizu is peak. Blabla just correcting some stuff.

Kiss Shot's durability​

So I noticed that while Koyomi is put at 9-A in AP, Kiss Shot is tier 6/5 in durability.

Koyomi destroyed Kiss Shot's body a shit tons of time in their fight, pretty much at the same rate she destroyed his. So one of those stats is wrong.

And surprisingly, the wrong one isn't Koyomi's, but Kiss Shot's.

Here's the explanation given during their fight:

"Still…it was strange.

Our powers of immortality were evenly matched.

Kiss shot had the edge in attacking.

This in itself wasn’t strange.

But honestly, I hadn’t thought my chops were capable of wounding Kiss shot to such an extent. I’d been convinced that I was at an overwhelming disadvantage when it came to that—but in truth, my attacks were destroying her body without even landing that hard.

It was like destroying a chunk of tofu.

“Hahahahaha!”Haha!”Ahahahaha!”

She looked like a ghoul as she smiled with her cheeks torn away—and as she did, she answered my question.

Master and servant.

She seemed to know exactly what I was thinking.

“In fact, my servant—a vampire’s defenses are not terribly high! Of course, they are leagues beyond our food’s—mere human defenses—but so low they seem inversely proportionate to our outstanding offensive powers! Were we to rate a vampire’s offenses at a hundred, our defenses are capped between ten and twenty! Guess why, my servant!”

“……h!”

Even Kissshot’s dress was being restored each time—because she was creating it at will. The same did not go for me, though—my clothes were plain clothes. My torso was now nearly bare.

“Because our immortality equals our defense?!”

“Exactly!” Kissshot said. “So there’s no need for thee to defend against my attacks in this battle—focus only on offense, and tear my body apart!”

“What are you, a *********?!”

“I shan’t deny the charge!”

At times, our hands would run into each other.

When this happened, my hand was the one that was destroyed.

There was no room for little tricks here—but that wasn’t to say there was any room for big ones."

Tldr: Vampires are glass cannon because they already have immortality anyway. As such both Koyomi's Kizumonogatari key and Shinobu's Kiss Shot key should stop scaling to their physicals, but rather to the durability feat of their lower keys.
I also find a bit weird to have Koyomi's durability that high given his other durability feats being far below and him attributing his body not exploding to area and human body shitz, but guess it isn't too problematic.

Kiss shot's speed​

Kiss Shot has a "possibly Light Speed" based on Koyomi's statement in Tsukimonogatari. I think he's most likely saying this because of this Kizumonogatari statement, which should be added as well in the justification.

"Halt.

Kissshot stopped moving.

Wait, had she read my mind?

I suddenly felt uneasy and asked her, “Wh-What’s wrong, Kissshot?”

I felt like my voice was quivering slightly, too.

“………”

Kissshot didn’t move for a while, only causing my discomfort to grow, but after a bit, she replied, “Huh? What is it? Were ye speaking to my afterimage?”

“Y-Your afterimage?”

“I just circled the Earth seven and a half times.”

“What are you, light?!” I interjected for what would probably be the first and only time in my life.

“Just kidding, just kidding! If I had circled it seven and a half times, I would be in Brazil right now!” Kissshot cackled.

Sheesh, she really was being hyper."

So her justification should likely turn into something like "possibly Speed of Light (Araragi claims that at the height of her power she'd been able to circle the globe seven and a half times in a second, something Kiss Shot herself claimed earlier in the story).

Conclusion​

-Kiss Shot's durability should be lowered to "At least Small Building+ level, likely higher''

-Koyomi's durability should be lowered to "Small Building level"

-Kiss Shot's speed justification should now be "possibly Speed of Light (Araragi claims that at the height of her power she'd been able to circle the globe seven and a half times in a second, something Kiss Shot herself claimed earlier in the story)."

That's all.

Last edited:
Agreed.

On a side note, where does his RW feat comes from? I can't remember that when watching the movies/shows last year?

What’s the plot about? and rate on a scale of 1-10.

And I agree with this
There's anomalies in the world called chimeras. Koyomi Araragi had the bad luck of encountering a vampire and become one.

Back to present day, he's only a remaining of the vampire he was and just keep encountering chimeras cuz "once you met one you're likely to meet more".

So far solid 8 or 9 out of 10.

I'm sure they are called Oddities not chimeras.

The post itself looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back