• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
doesnt qualify either. manipulating magicules, magical or spiritual flows does not equate to manipulating abstract concepts themselves. magicules seem to refer to magical energies rather than concepts. creating magical flows on a conceptual level in this case seems to just mean designing flows of magical energy, not directly altering concepts.

doesnt qualify either. manipulating magicules, magical or spiritual flows does not equate to manipulating abstract concepts themselves. magicules seem to refer to magical energies rather than concepts. creating magical flows on a conceptual level in this case seems to just mean designing flows of magical energy, not directly altering concepts.
No one is saying magic is conceptual in nature because it manipulates magicules.

Now, let's go back into the main topic. I'll believe that "Magic is an idea projected into reality" is kind of straightforward, since in the context Rimuru needed magic to interacts with abstract being such as demon. Magic can be categorized into skills, in which the latter is often said to be conceptual in nature. There're also statements that skills are manifestation of the desire of the user.
So. Lord of Vows. Or loyalty, to put it another way. The collected prayers from those who vow fealty to me. All those prayers crystallized to form this new ultimate skill—and the moment I obtained it, I could feel a new strength. (Volume 5)
…it obtained its Harvest Festival gift—conquering, and evolving, into an ultimate skill, the loftiest height possible in the world.

The chances of this working were thought to be so small that it wasn’t even worth considering. It almost seemed like a reward provided for the infinite effort involved with the attempt. Succeeding made it more likely that it could carry out its master’s request, but the supposedly soulless conceptual intelligence bore no happiness. It could never understand emotion.(Volume 5)

Magic is an idea projected into reality
healing or mind control abilities do not equate to cm. they allow manipulating physical beings, not abstract concepts.
Rimuru needed magic to interacts with abstract being such as demon
demons being described as spiritual lifeforms does not automatically make them abstract beings. being immune to physical attacks also does not equate to being an abstract being. needing magic to interact with them does not prove they are literal concepts either.
Magic can be categorized into skills, in which the latter is often said to be conceptual in nature. There're also statements that skills are manifestation of the desire of the user.
just because magic can be categorized as a skill does not mean skills are inherently cm. stating skills manifest the user desires also does not equate to literal cm.

prayers crystallizing to form a new skill is vague and seems more metaphorical than literal cm. calling something a conceptual intelligence also does not automatically make it cm. likely just referring to an abstract thought process, not manipulation of concepts.

healing or mind control abilities do not equate to cm. they allow manipulating physical beings, not abstract concepts.
What are you talking about?
demons being described as spiritual lifeforms does not automatically make them abstract beings. being immune to physical attacks also does not equate to being an abstract being. needing magic to interact with them does not prove they are literal concepts either.
They are when Spiritual Lifeform are described to exist as straight up soul/information, and it shown visually that physical attack cannot interact with them. At the very least, it shown that Magic can affect abstract which makes the "magic is concept" claim less reaching.

just because magic can be categorized as a skill does not mean skills are inherently cm.
Thats the opposite of what I said. Skills are described to be conceptual in nature and magic is the same nature of skill.
stating skills manifest the user desires also does not equate to literal cm.
Skills are the manifestation of the user desire.
prayers crystallizing to form a new skill is vague and seems more metaphorical than literal cm. calling something a conceptual intelligence also does not automatically make it cm. likely just referring to an abstract thought process, not manipulation of concepts.
Elaborate on why it shouldn't be taken literally rather than just saying "it seems metaphorical". Rudra showed that the more belief/prayer you receive, the stronger Covenant King Uriel would be, and it ties back to how Uriel is the crystallization of the prayer towards the user.

It seems that you're too focused on "manipulating concept", but the main point here is that magic and skill are concept.

Nobody is talking about mind controlled abilities also, they can equate to Conceptual Maniplation

Demons , Angel's and other Spiritual Beings are Abstract Existence Type 1 y
,Yes all of them

Abstract Existence (Type 1; Demons are spiritual lifeform with a physical body, however they can exist without one, their true nature being similar to Elemental spirits like Ifrit, who are the embodiments of the laws governing the world[3])

Non-Physical Interaction (Magic is capable of harming spiritual lifeforms who have no physical body)

just because magic can be categorized as a skill does not mean skills are inherently cm. stating skills manifest the user desires also does not equate to literal cm.

Skills are the manifestation of the user desire.

Agre calling something of doesn't make them conceptual intelligence but Raphael is a skill and doesn't have any Ego nor any soul.

And as much as you know skills are concepts

So calling Ralphael Conceptual Intelligence wouldn't be wrong at all.

Reality warping and law manipulation seem fine. For Subjective reality, I believe when the page was created, it was intended for more specific cases of reality-warping, like bringing things into reality and unreality with more contexts, similar to Diablo's case as suggested by the page creator, Antoniofer; otherwise, it would become redundant to reality-warping.

For conceptual manipulation, while magic could embody what is in the mind, it seems to be based on law manipulation instead of outright manipulation of a concept, given Yuuki's explanation, which suggests if they don't know the associated laws, they can't return home; the link just below is more specific:
In the Volume 16 epilogue, Guy stated Magic rewrote the laws of the world further supporting law manipulation.

It could be a good idea to get @Celestial_Pegasus 's inputs.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input elizhaa, Then i guess i can table of conceptual manip
Reality warping and law manipulation seem fine. For Subjective reality, I believe when the page was created, it was intended for more specific cases of reality-warping, like bringing things into reality and unreality with more contexts, similar to Diablo's case as suggested by the page creator, Antoniofer; otherwise, it would become redundant to reality-warping.

For conceptual manipulation, while magic could embody what is in the mind, it seems to be based on law manipulation instead of outright manipulation of a concept, given Yuuki's explanation, which suggests if they don't know the associated laws, they can't return home; the link just below is more specific:
In the Volume 16 epilogue, Guy stated Magic rewrote the laws of the world further supporting law manipulation.

I agree with all of this yes.

This conclusion seems alright to me.

@Elizhaa

It seems Everyone in slime gets it, bit don't worry i will handle that issue it seems i have stressed you out far too much already
Thanks for everyone input this can be locked now

I have no problem with Elizhaa's thoughts. (This looks like it's already reached its conclusion.)

@Elizhaa

It seems Everyone in slime gets it, bit don't worry i will handle that issue it seems i have stressed you out far too much already
Thanks for everyone input this can be locked now
I am not stressed but just busy; I can probably help on the side. Just some things: the magic resistance, too, should also be reality-warping and law manipulation resistance; the Reality Warpers and Law Users category should probably get added for magic users in the LN series, regarding pages that don't already have them.
The Editing summary box should have the crt link, as it is required.

The thread isn't supposed to be locked until all the changes are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back