• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kiryu Kazuma(Yakuza) vs Maruo Kaido(Ayashimon)

Battle for the strongest Yakuza in Japan

Plot: Maruo is being clumsy as always and ends up knocking a drink all over Kiryu's expensive custom made 1 of 1 Armani suit. Maruo who only knows how to fight immediately challenges Kiryu in a joking way not realizing how pissed Kiryu is.

Sapporo-Nightclubs-cover.jpg

Random encounter
Speed equalized
Urara Family key
Kiryu AP: 0.3 tons
Maruo AP: 1.1 tons
Kiryu Bloodlusted
3.47x AP difference

Kiryu:

Maruo: 1(@cloudyagami)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
What's Maruo got for skill feats?
He is a super otaku and stan of martial artist like Goku, Joe Yabuki, Kinnikuman, and others. He copied their training methods and some of their fighting styles and gained superhuman strength by the time he was 7 and kept training up until his current age of 18. He mimics most of their moves like Goku's dragon throw, Kenshiro's hundred rendering fist, Kinnikuman's buster, and star platnums barrage "ora ora ora ora" punches with his own version.

Gotcha, Kiryu can solo 100 thugs without even breathing hard. Plus he's beaten the Amon clan many times, said clan is comprised of the most lethal assassins in the world who have mastered all martial arts in the world yet Kiryu has clapped them over and over. Plus Kiryu does feats like this even as early as Yakzua 0

• Just in Yakuza 0 Kiryu can take on several people at once (often armed, even with guns) and he literally comes up with fighting styles on the fly just by watching people with a similar fighting style for a few seconds, I repeat, he busts out a fully functioning albeit primitive fighting style by watching someone for a few seconds, and then he rapidly improves that fighting style along three other comparable ones, all of this in the span of a few weeks if that, not 100% how long Yakuza 0's story is but it ain't too long.
  • He can compete in the Bed of Styx, which is an underground arena where dangerous criminals are forced to fight in gladiator combat for over a year, and when I say "dangerous criminal" I mean almost all of these people have some weird background that gives them a hyper-competent fighting style. For example, "An infamous brawler skilled in karate. He worked in the criminal underworld as a mercenary and executioner terminating the lives of countless yakuza. Although he was said to have died in a one-on-one fight with a certain individual, here he is now, ready to reclaim his crown." or "Nicknamed "Birdman", Tobiyama has possibly the highest number of successful prison breaks on his record. Prison escapes are something of a hobby for him, so he commits crimes just to get in. When a prison warden committed suicide, unable to bear the ridicule after yet another escape, his peers arranged to have Tobiyama sent to the Bed of Styx.", or maybe "Before he landed here, he was a professional fighter who had not been defeated even once in 80 matches. All of his opponents died in the ring, beaten to death by this murderous madman who reveled in being able to kill with impunity. one day he got on the bad side of the local mafia, who decided that his place was in the Bed of Styx." These are just a couple of examples, there's like 30 of these guys and Kiryu can end up fighting almost any of them. One of the competitors here is a bear. A bear.
  • He's fought and defeated So Amon, who comes from the Amon clan, who's literally just a god knows how many generations-long family clan business who are all some of the best assassins on Earth, and when I say that I don't just mean they're skilled in H2H, So Amon literally summons a helicopter mid-fight to pelt Kiryu with missiles while also busting out a cannon, and Kiryu just beats him with his bare hands anyway.

Gotcha, Kiryu can solo 100 thugs without even breathing hard. Plus he's beaten the Amon clan many times, said clan is comprised of the most lethal assassins in the world who have mastered all martial arts in the world yet Kiryu has clapped them over and over. Plus Kiryu does feats like this even as early as Yakzua 0
Maruo Kaido defeated an entire high school that challange him and was still bored after the fight. He stops fighting humans after chapter 1 he fights demons and monsters
  • Just in Yakuza 0 Kiryu can take on several people at once (often armed, even with guns) and he literally comes up with fighting styles on the fly just by watching people with a similar fighting style for a few seconds, I repeat, he busts out a fully functioning albeit primitive fighting style by watching someone for a few seconds, and then he rapidly improves that fighting style along three other comparable ones, all of this in the span of a few weeks if that, not 100% how long Yakuza 0's story is but it ain't too long.
Maruo took down an entire Yakuza of demons who have higher durability than humans and punches through their bodies and decapitates them with his punches.
  • He can compete in the Bed of Styx, which is an underground arena where dangerous criminals are forced to fight in gladiator combat for over a year, and when I say "dangerous criminal" I mean almost all of these people have some weird background that gives them a hyper-competent fighting style. For example, "An infamous brawler skilled in karate. He worked in the criminal underworld as a mercenary and executioner terminating the lives of countless yakuza.
Maruo can do this he can tank being knocked hard into a car and laugh it off because he hasn't felt pain fighting humans then throw the car right back. He was banned from all traditional gyms because he was too strong to train with the boxers, wrestlers and sumo wrestlers. I think he would win tournament.
  • Although he was said to have died in a one-on-one fight with a certain individual, here he is now, ready to reclaim his crown." or "Nicknamed "Birdman", Tobiyama has possibly the highest number of successful prison breaks on his record. Prison escapes are something of a hobby for him, so he commits crimes just to get in. When a prison warden committed suicide, unable to bear the ridicule after yet another escape, his peers arranged to have Tobiyama sent to the Bed of Styx.", or maybe "Before he landed here, he was a professional fighter who had not been defeated even once in 80 matches. All of his opponents died in the ring, beaten to death by this murderous madman who reveled in being able to kill with impunity.
Maruo has to hold back all of his punches because he would kill humans on impact or explode them if he hits them too hard
Maruo fought a demon 2x the size of a bear with skin harder than steel and can explode entire barns with Maruo walking away surving with no injuries .
  • He's fought and defeated So Amon, who comes from the Amon clan, who's literally just a god knows how many generations-long family clan business who are all some of the best assassins on Earth, and when I say that I don't just mean they're skilled in H2H, So Amon literally summons a helicopter mid-fight to pelt Kiryu with missiles while also busting out a cannon, and Kiryu just beats him with his bare hands anyway.
if Kiryu did was Amon did with the helicopter to Maruo it would increase Maruo's AP since Maruo gets stronger when fighting stronger opponents and can tank rockets since he tanked an explosion that blew up a barn
Just to top it off Maruo fought an elemental demon named Doppo who can create snowstorms, shoot a "icy hot" flame that burns and freezes the target and maruo tanked it everytime. He was also impaled by several ice spikes and got right back up to keep fighting. Lastly Doppo shot a "black water" liquid that extinguishes life and maruo survived it

Last edited:
Alright those are pretty good feats, I can argue that they're both comparable then though Kiryu would likely have the edge in fighting humanoid opponents as that's mostly the norm in the Yakuza series while from what's been said Maruo is more accustomed to fighting monsters. Its also worth mentioning that Amon clan have used things like satellite lasers to try and vaporise Kiryu in fights too. Kiryu also has stupid pain tolerance too.

Maruo Kaido defeated an entire high school that challange him and was still bored after the fight. He stops fighting humans after chapter 1 he fights demons and monsters

Maruo took down an entire Yakuza of demons who have higher durability than humans and punches through their bodies and decapitates them with his punches.

Maruo can do this he can tank being knocked hard into a car and laugh it off because he hasn't felt pain fighting humans then throw the car right back. He was banned from all traditional gyms because he was too strong to train with the boxers, wrestlers and sumo wrestlers. I think he would win tournament.

Maruo has to hold back all of his punches because he would kill humans on impact or explode them if he hits them too hard

Maruo fought a demon 2x the size of a bear with skin harder than steel and can explode entire barns with Maruo walking away surving with no injuries .

if Kiryu did was Amon did with the helicopter to Maruo it would increase Maruo's AP since Maruo gets stronger when fighting stronger opponents and can tank rockets since he tanked an explosion that blew up a barn
Just to top it off Maruo fought an elemental demon named Doppo who can create snowstorms, shoot a "icy hot" flame that burns and freezes the target and maruo tanked it everytime. He was also impaled by several ice spikes and got right back up to keep fighting. Lastly Doppo shot a "black water" liquid that extinguishes life and maruo survived it
those are almost entirely ap feats, not skill

those are almost entirely ap feats, not skill
He uses power mimicry and copies manga martial artist Goku, Joe Yabuki, and Kinnikuman he has more AP feats than skill feats because he doesnt utilize his skillset anymore since he is fighting monsters Rather than humans. Martial arts skill won't be much against him everything Kiryu throws Maruo will tank more than likely his supernatural willpower is off the charts

Last edited:
Alright those are pretty good feats, I can argue that they're both comparable then though Kiryu would likely have the edge in fighting humanoid opponents as that's mostly the norm in the Yakuza series while from what's been said Maruo is more accustomed to fighting monsters.
Fighting humanoids is nowhere near as impressive as fighting monsters in my opinion. The monsters maruo fight can project elemental powers, regenerate, and add more power with their masks.
Its also worth mentioning that Amon clan have used things like satellite lasers to try and vaporise Kiryu in fights too. Kiryu also has stupid pain tolerance too.
Kiryu hasn't face someone with the strength maruo has though. It's debatable kiryu is the physically strongest in the verse. The difference in LS is vast maruo could break his limbs if he grabs it with grip strength and does a dragonthrow, he also could possibly punch a hole into kiryu's body with one of his special attacks

Pretty sure there's a hefty AP difference between Kiryu and Maruo.

Fighting humanoids is nowhere near as impressive as fighting monsters in my opinion. The monsters maruo fight can project elemental powers, regenerate, and add more power with their masks.
Clarification: Kiryu's fought against Jo Amon, who has mastered practically every single martial art in their world by killing his opponents, and then absorbing their experiences via a power absorption machine he himself created, to further surpass them. He also has many elemental powers like his brethren, can fly, shoot umbrellas out of thin air, shoot energy blasts, use telekinesis to lift heavy objects and manipulate technology like his father, can create forcefields

Kiryu hasn't face someone with the strength maruo has though.
That is indeed a massive problem which makes me question if this fight is even fair.

It's debatable kiryu is the physically strongest in the verse.
He is one of the strongest, if not the strongest. But right now he's the strongest living protagonist in the series, because well... Shintaro Kazama's dead. And I don't think we'll hear of Joji Kazama ever again (Because his voice actor, same voice as Shintaro, died a year or two ago), and Kiryu noted that if Joji was just a few years younger, Kiryu would've lost.

The difference in LS is vast maruo could break his limbs if he grabs it with grip strength and does a dragonthrow, he also could possibly punch a hole into kiryu's body with one of his special attacks
The LS difference is also another thing to note.

Pretty sure there's a hefty AP difference between Kiryu and Maruo.
Yeah i think its 3.47x if i did the math right
Clarification: Kiryu's fought against Jo Amon, who has mastered practically every single martial art in their world by killing his opponents, and then absorbing their experiences via a power absorption machine he himself created, to further surpass them. He also has many elemental powers like his brethren, can fly, shoot umbrellas out of thin air, shoot energy blasts, use telekinesis to lift heavy objects and manipulate technology like his father, can create forcefields
I remember this fight bro used to destroy me him and Majima
That is indeed a massive problem which makes me question if this fight is even fair.
Yeah for the most part my brother made this matchup he's a huge yakuza genre based fan but he isn't a wiki member so i made it for him to see the results
He is one of the strongest, if not the strongest. But right now he's the strongest living protagonist in the series, because well... Shintaro Kazama's dead. And I don't think we'll hear of Joji Kazama ever again (Because his voice actor, same voice as Shintaro, died a year or two ago), and Kiryu noted that if Joji was just a few years younger, Kiryu would've lost.

The LS difference is also another thing to note.
Yeah the lifting strength is what made the difference for me

Last edited:
I forgot all that whacky crap the Amons pull lol, nvm them using satalite lasers

Back