• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Nanatsu no Taizai's King faces off against the Fate/Stay Night version of Gilgamesh. Both of them like AOE spam so why not?

King is Post-Gloxinia Training

Gilgamesh is Fate/Stay Night

Rules: Speed Equalized

King using form five Increase
Gilgamesh-fate-ubw

F/SN Gilgamesh actively restrains Sha Nagba Imuru, and never did any of what you said to my knowledge. They're in character, so I don't think that's going to happen due to his arrogance.

That said, I'm not sure King can do anything substantial to Gil because of his high resistance to magic.

Hmmm this is very close but I'll have to give my vote to King. And the reason being is that King can BFR Gil and is more likely to use it before Gil can finish the match. Along with abilities such as Status Promotion (þèµàïõ┐âÚÇ▓, Jōtai Sokushin; literally meaning "Status Promotion"): The most basic application of Disaster, allowing King to convert the smallest of scratches into serious injuries. If Gil even receives the small cut King can turn it into a larhe large wound.

King should also be able to counter GoB via form five: increase by intercepting anything Gil can throw at him. ( Expect for the obvious ones but you understand what i mean. )

There's also Form Eight: Pollen Garden (þ¼¼Õà½Õ¢óµàï: Þè▒þ▓ÆÕ£Æ, Daihachi Keitai: Karyüen): Chastiefol emits great quantities of pollen to form a barrier that repels enemy attacks, heals the wounds of those inside, and quickly eliminates any pain the affected feel from the injuries. That can help King reply spam attacks from Gil and heal himself in the process.

And fact that King can amp all of these abilities via True Spirit Spear Chastiefol gives King the win IMO. King should take this with extreme difficulty. And King should be able to possibly one shot here High 7-A Gil doesn't have High 7-A durability. Only AP.

I think using a little weaker version of Gil makes it fair (7-A version giving King at least AP advantage) but i'm not sure.

Gil won't take out Ea, but he could easily take out Merodach and use its attack against King. Plus fire a large amount of weapons from GoB, hundreds of them.

@Burning

Yes it is but it still should be able to work on Gil. He gets his high resistance to Magic from his armour but I'm unsure how good Gils normal magic resistance is in this form.

Without an armor? Strong enough to laugh at Tohsaka's magic. But it could even be some kind of Noble Phantasm passively protecting him.

"----Whose permission did you get to attack my Archer!?

With Archer's death, Tohsaka has lost her composure.

Light runs across space. Pure destructive force, magical energy released from the jewel without any processing. He does not even dodge it. He isn't even scratched."

That doesn't seem impressive at all due to the sole reason you used Rin as an example. Pretty sure we all agree that Kings magic is vastly superior to that of Rins. That example doesn't really sound all that impressive.

King took hits from a bloodlusted Diane who is physically stronger than he is. He should have the durability to take some hits here.

Mountain Level AP in Taizai is below even Galan and he's one of the weakest Commandments.

ThisIsMySwagPack said:
He would still die to Merodach's blast, which Gil shouldn't have a problem using.

Does it ignore durability or can it dish out more damage than Kings durability? If not i don't see how that's killing King.

Burning Full Fingers said:
F/SN Gilgamesh actively restrains Sha Nagba Imuru, and never did any of what you said to my knowledge. They're in character, so I don't think that's going to happen due to his arrogance.

That said, I'm not sure King can do anything substantial to Gil because of his high resistance to magic.
CIS

Its light operates on the same principle as Excalibur, "light that burns away everything it touches", and its attack potency is vastly superior to Caliburn which has High 7-A AP

Ah that makes sense. However I still believe King is the one who's more likely to one shot due to Gils lack in durability.

Well here's the thing though, Gilgamesh's durability is only 7-A at its best. If King can land a decisive blow, or attack with overwhelming AOE, which he has, Gil's in trouble.

Burning Full Fingers said:
@Gargoyle
Gilgamesh's whole character is CIS?
Yes.

He uses SNI against Sakura and still dies.

He dones his armor in every route except for UBW so that him not wearing his armor while fighting Shirou doesn't come off as PIS which it is.

If you're passing them off as his "Whole character" then every single one of his wins where he isn't bloodlusted should be removed.

He's just really arrogant, but I agree that his fight against Shirou might be a case of CIS. You can't dismiss Gilgamesh's whole character as CIS.

That's just what I think so let's stop derailing.

King's Chastiefol should have the AP advantage in a spamming contest.

The main tools that Gil has to win are Medronarch and Ea, one of which he we know he doesn't want to use.

ThisIsMySwagPack said:
Gil won't take out Ea, but he could easily take out Merodach and use its attack against King. Plus fire a large amount of weapons from GoB, hundreds of them.

Dude he might, he actively restrains SNI but he'll still know who King is, and therefore MIGHT deem him worthy, or of course he might even use EA just to show off like he did in UBW. these are real possibilities.

EDIT: Gil may be glass cannon here but he does still have Enkidu for defense if it really came to it. He can use it to fend off any projectiles King would throw at him. Namely against form-five, while still doing his own sword spamming.

Gil can attack and defend at the same time while King can't (to my knowledge)

King's physical durability is High 7-A along with his Chastiefol.

He can swap between the different forms of Chastiefol without any delay either.

Why bring up his Dura? if he shows off EA or even uses Merodach his physical Dura doesn't mean anything.

And right but my point is he can still only do one at a time whilst Gil can defend and attack.

Because King can withstand his barrage spam, that's why. Ea would ignore durability, but Merodach ignoring durability sounds more like flowery language. It uses the same mechanics as Caliburn and Excalibur and they don't explicitly ignore durability.

King can only use one for at a time for the most part, but he has been shown using multiple as when he used forms 2 and 3 in tandem to petrify Ban. However that doesn't mean that he can't do both at the same time. He'd easily be capable of shielding himself with Increase daggers and sending others to attack at the same time.

I never said Merodach could ignore durability, it's High 7-A so it will harm King.

As for your second para, you make a good point, and I'll accept that they both can attack and defend at the same time.

We no longer attribute "Atomization" to Excalibur's blast? I think that was a thing before, but I guess I'm getting old. Still, Caliburn is High 7-A and Merodach is immensely stronger so it would definitely damage him.

Ea is always a possibility as well as SNI. He would see everything through SNI, it's just debatable whether he would react to that. His use of Ea is so random sometimes, idk.

I'm gonna say inconclusive on this one. they can both essentially one shot eachother but we can't say reliably who'd kill who first.

Gil will definetly use Merodach to see if King is worthy of EA so that'll be a constant threat to King. whilst also sword spamming and Enkidu if he feels somethings too close for comfort.

And King will be the same way-ish.

King does also have access to Pollen Garden which can shield him and offer healing if it's damaged, I don't think that Gil has a way to heal damage once it's done to him unless I'm wrong.

@Aizen The way you worded your previous response it seemed like you were saying that Ea and Merodach both ignored durability, my mistake.

Gil can't heal damage but it'll be extremely difficult to get past Enkidu and he can even use weapons for defensive purposes.

Nah it's my bad, I just meant with Merodach High 7-A = High 7-A so his dura wouldn't matter then, but you're right I did word it poorly. Thanks for pointing it out.

Back