• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised he hasn't been added. I'm sure most of you should know King Thanos killed every being in the marvel universe including all the celestials and all the abstracts. I think he should at least be 2-C.

The problem with that story is that Galactus was not shown at anywhere near his full degree of power within it, and I do not think that we ever explicotly saw how Thanos disposed of any other cosmic powerhouses.

I don't remember him destroying any abstract entities though.

If I remember, he was being chased throughout the Universe constantly and was heavily damaged, albiet had a ton of time to heal, when Thanos one shot him. So he's definitley weaker or starving.

Edit: Turns out they had centuries between this and facing Thanos, so he might not have been weakened.

Yes, but the story itself did not portray Galactus at anywhere near his full scale of power, and regular present day Thanos was able to kill king Thanos. The powerscaling in that story did not make any sense.

Well he did somehow kill most of the abstracts although we don't know exactly how we don't see him with any artifacts/weapons:

https://i.imgur.com/4p7RpJH.jpg

Although he used Black Bolt's "death cry" to kill the majority of the celestials he did also tank the blast:

https://i.imgur.com/8iZzuNV.jpg

https://imgur.com/DcEAPhA

He also killed Old Thor and Maestro Hulk:

https://imgur.com/IiZrqb3

I don't think King Thanos was in his prime when he fought present day Thanos and that present day Thanos was so powerful he fought on even terms with his son weilding the Pheonix Force and beat him in the end, honestly I think he was more powerful then a regular Thanos because he got the powers of 100s of gods from the pit which the Eternal Sisters reside. Also they didn't use any sort of cosmic abilities just hand to hand combat honestly so I don't think we can use that fight to gauge how powerful King Thanos was.

Black Bolt should have nowhere near sufficient power to kill entities that are, at the very least, capable of creating universes, and sometimes presented as several degrees of infinity above that level. That is yet another example of that the scaling in that story did not make any sense.

Personally i think instead of add King Thanos, we should have add his Current version in his profile.

Just separate his Classic Version (which is just 4-B) from his Current Version (which is more like Low 2-C) in two separated Keys and it is done.

The Silver Surfer with the power of Thor added to his own was also able to stand up to Thanos in that story. The scaling in it does not make any sense whatsoever, and as such I think that we should avoid it.

However, you can ask Matthew Schroeder and Sandman31 to comment here if you wish.

While I agree Ant that story had scaling issues, current Thanos is God Query Thanos who is >>>>>> his 4B self. So Old Man Thanos being 2C is not fafetched.

Yes it is, especially if we are eventually going to upgrade the Celestials.

Upgrade? There is a imminent one? About how much?

And it will be apply only to the strongest ones and when they're in group?

Well, Matthew will probably upgrade them to 2-A eventually, but he is currently busy with other tasks.

Antvasima said:
Anyway, a 2-A Thanos and Black Bolt do not make any sense.
Hmmm all of them will get upgraded? Even the regular ones? You could just scale Thanos to 2C by killing other abstracts and call the Celestial thing an outlier...

We are definitely not going to upgrade regular Thanos to 2-C when the Silver Surfer poses a threat to him in that story. The writer had almost no idea what he was doing.

None of the characters within the story were remotely presented as having a universal scale of power. If present day Thanos starts to consistently do so we can upgrade him, but as it is we simply have to consider it particularly bad scaling logic from the Marvel writer in question, much like Thor and She-Hulk simply had to grow taller to beat up Celestials recently.

I think that we should close this thread, and likely get a new discussion rule, as this topic tends to pop up a lot, and is extremely tiresome to deal with.

Nobody has mentioned anything about the god quarry permanently powering him up to astronomical degrees, nor has he demonstrated that scale of power. We simply saw him destroy a planet, that is all.

Can somebody ask Sandman31 and Matthew Schroeder to comment here please? I would like to hear their input.

Antvasima said:
Nobody has mentioned anything about the god quarry permanently powering him up to astronomical degrees, nor has he demonstrated that scale of power. We simply saw him destroy a planet, that is all.
The God Query was said to hold the power of all the Gods it inprisoned and if Thanos succeeded then it would give him that power as far as I rmemeber. After that he could fight Phoenix Thane (with Phoenix Revisions he will be more than 4B). Although Thane is nothing compared to Previous avatars and he can not control the Force properly... I have some other thinhgs in mind for the Phoenix. I will discuss them in another thread. It was comfirmed by the Phoenix that Jean as Phoenix >>>>>>>>>>> all other avatars.

I don't remember any mentions of Thanos absorbing all the power of hordes of dead gods. Regardless, until he gets more consistent higher feats, I don't think that we can upgrade him. We might be able to upgrade classic Thanos to 4-A by scaling him from blasting hungry Galactus off his feet though.

Also, I am getting extremely tired of having to deal with this topic over and over and over. You should ask Matthew and Sandman31 to comment here. If they do not give any input, nothing is going to happen, no matter how much you bother me about it.

So, should we upgrade classic Thanos to 4-A for blasting Galactus off his feet and briefly fighting Odin?

Also, present day Thanos was able to defeat King Thanos.

@Ant Wasn't that because he kept the amp from when he was the God Quarry, the same one that allowed him to be superior to those superior to some Abstracts such as Death and the Phoenix Force ?

@Stefano

Okay.

@Seed

He was only superior to an avatar of the Phoenix Force.

Sandman31 said:
As far as I know, the God Quarry didnt amp him. He only recovered his lost power after he succeeded the trial
Yeah. Thanos was dying from god cancer and lost his power. God Quarry's trial restored him to his full power.

Like Matthew, I think King Thanos might probably be tier 2, he also has the Twilight Sword which is a tier 2 weapon

I dont think we should scale Thanos to him though

Well, if Sandman31 wants to add an extra statistics key to the Thanos profile page, I suppose that he can do so.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
@Ant Wasn't that because he kept the amp from when he was the God Quarry, the same one that allowed him to be superior to those superior to some Abstracts such as Death and the Phoenix Force ?
Not superior... Not everyone who uses the Phoenix Force is the same... Thane for example can not use the power properly.

@Ant its a bit tricky... Thane doesn't know how to use the Phoenix power properly. Thanos' words. Other avatars like Emma Frost could logically stomp him like she did with Thor and she had 1/5 of the Phoenix fragment when she did that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back