• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King of Fighters (SNK) Discussion Thread

Dark649 said:
I think there is a big difference in power between Saiki and Awakened Saiki/Goenitz and Orochi, like Akuma and Gill. I'm planning to upgrade Base Saiki and Igniz to at least High 7-A (Because they are vastly superior to Goenitz) and Orochi/Awakened Saiki to Possibly 6-C, Dark Ash to 6-C and Verse to at least 6-C, possibly higher.
Make the buffs for Base Saiki and Igniz. I feel like possibly putting Orochi Iori at High 7-A or possibly At least High 7-A.

Yeah, but that can rescale some characters.

Verse: High 6-C.

Orochi and Evil Ash: 6-C.

Igniz: At least High 7-A

Base Saiki: Likely at least High 7-A

Everyone else stays the same because of Goenitz scaling.

Dark649 said:
Yeah, but that can rescale some characters.
Verse: High 6-C.

Orochi and Evil Ash: 6-C.

Igniz: At least High 7-A

Base Saiki: At least High 7-A

Everyone else stays the same because of Goenitz scaling.
And Awakened Saiki: At least High 7-A, possibly 6-C. Dark Ash 6-C definitely, not sure about Orochi though. Have him the same as Saiki maybe or likely 6-C?

Also I asked some people I know who would win between Dark Ash and Gill and agreed that Dark Ash would win unlike against with Orochi who they agreed also was inconclusive

I agree with Base Saiki and Igniz being at least High 7-A and Awakened Saiki being at least High 7-A, possibly 6-C.

It seems that feat was re-calced at Island level, that's unfortunate as it could have created a reasonable scaling for the God Tiers of the verse.

Actually, I came up with something to fix our fiasco with Saiki and others around his level.

Now that we made Igniz and Base Saiki at least High 7-A, Awakaned Saiki gets at least High 7-A, possibly 6-C... Orochi gets at least High 7-A likely 6-C... Dark Ash gets 6-C... and Verse stays the same

Since Verse casually performed that feat i agree, but we should give a Weakened and a Prime tabber for Orochi since it stated to be weaker than its prime in King of Fighters 97.

Dark649 said:
Since Verse casually performed that feat i agree, but we should give a Weakened and a Prime tabber for Orochi since it stated to be weaker than its prime in King of Fighters 97.
No... we should NOT. I keep hearing this but no one has any evidence of this. I'm gonna lay this to rest and disprove that once and for all here.

What makes Orochi powerful is his hax... mainly his immortality (being a spirit and all) and can regenerate even after being defeated. That's why he was regaining his power, why Chizuru said he was getting too strong and asked Kyo to deliver the finishing blow to seal Orochi once and for all. This was after all the energy the sacred treasures spent being the heavenly kings, Orochi and then had enough still to seal him. That's an endurance feat. Kyo actually told him He can barely stand. You don't have the stuff. And your followers are gone!

In the game of King of Fighters Kyo, they flashed back to the time 1800 years ago when they fought Orochi. He was "at 100%", was wearing majestic clothing and the earth was seemingly an inferno full of natural disasters. Guess what? He still lost and that was a time when the Yagami were weaker at that time being the Yasakani clan. Even 97 stated clearly he completely awakened

25:34 "I AM AWAKE--COMPLETELY! EVEN WITH YOUR POWER, YOU'RE TOO LATE!"

Ok, so we can assume that Orochi [The god that was defeated four times] was equal in his Original [As a dragon], 1800 years ago [As a female leader] and 97 [As Chris] forms, except the one in XIV [With little traces of Chris] where it was at his weakest.

Dark649 said:
Ok, so we can assume that Orochi [The god that was defeated four times] was equal in his Original [As a dragon], 1800 years ago [As a female leader] and 97 [As Chris] forms, except the one in XIV [With little traces of Chris] where it was at his weakest.
It's based off the mythology but I don't think there was anything stating that he was also a dragon at all. It's mostly symbolic hence why he has it on his chest and it's more of a snake. The 8 heads represent the clans. There was no mention of an "original" form and we dunno how many times he's been defeated. We know he was 1800 years ago, I dunno if it appeared female or not but it was clothed... the picture looks pretty vague and of course in 97. KOF 14, he was so weak they defeated him without any effort. Dunno where about these "traces from Chris". But he generally looks the same... white hair, shiny body.

So how about these chages to Awakaned Saiki, Orochi and Dark Ash? :)

I have fixed it. Still sad to read that Orochi was very relevant to the series past, present and future eras and was easily dealt along with Saiki in King of Fighters XIII and XIV to make way to Verse, which is memorable as Clone Zero, but it's likely that Rugal and Igniz are likely going to be considered the current primary villains.

Dark649 said:
I have fixed it. Still sad to read that Orochi was very relevant to the series past, present and future eras and was easily dealt along with Saiki in King of Fighters XIII and XIV to make way to Verse, which is memorable as Clone Zero, but it's likely that Rugal and Igniz are likely going to be considered the current primary villains.
Saiki was not easily dealt with, he was not even scathed by the end of his battle. The only reason he even lost was due to Ash's willpower and treachery. He appeared in one canonical game just like Igniz did and showed why he was THE BOSS just like Igniz was.

>Rugal and Igniz are likely going to be considered the current primary villains.

I don't even know what that's supposed to mean. Rugal died in 95 and Igniz was dealt with in 2001 in spite of how powerful he was. Orochi has maintained some relavance throughout the series so if anyone should be the primary villan, it's him. Verse is going to manifest itself in another form, count on it.

P.S. I think a few other characters in KOF deserve the immortality tag. Mostly type 1

I agree with your points. I meant before that Verse defeat allowed Rugal and Igniz to return, so we will probably see them in Kof XV and they will plan something against Kyo and K'. I also know that currently the Red and Blue Verse's [Which are not comparable to the other villains in personality, motives, buildup and etc.] are going to be the extremely relevant in this new arc. The characters with the type 1 immortalty seems to be Mature and Vice.

Dark649 said:
I agree with your points. I meant before that Verse defeat allowed Rugal and Igniz to return, so we will probably see them in Kof XV and they will plan something against Kyo and K'. I also know that currently the Red and Blue Verse's [Which are not comparable to the other villains in personality, motives, buildup and etc.] are going to be the extremely relevant in this new arc. The characters with the type 1 immortalty seems to be Mature and Vice.
Well... there's Sylvie if that says anything about NESTS in future games. And nah, if I feel that Ash and possibly Saiki are going to be more relevant to the future storyline than Rugal and Igniz since there was a part where Ash was seemingly taking form in front of Elizabeth and Kukuri (who looks somewhat like Those From the Past member). Also the fact that they were a big part of why Verse was created either way.

No, Mature and Vice are dead since 96 cause Iori killed them. They came back as ghosts to warn Iori about the nature of his powers and bloodline cause... reasons. I was thinking more of Igniz, his artificial creations and also Saiki and possibly his clan (<- unlikely IMO).

I agree with Saiki since he is the ancestor of Ash, but maybe not for his clan nor Igniz and his creations because they have a normal age/characteristics and there not seems to be any informations about if they age or not.

Dark649 said:
I agree with Saiki since he is the ancestor of Ash, but maybe not for his clan nor Igniz and his creations because they have a normal age/characteristics and there not seems to be any informations about if they age or not.
Okay we can definitely do Saiki. Igniz I mentioned due to being enhanced by biotechnology, is 56 years old and seemingly does not age and has a youthful appearance still (he is modeled after Sephiroth, Alucard and other similar bosses and has a lot in common with Cell from DBZ [not that this means anything]). Just looked up his creations and we can disregard those, you're right. I just thought they followed the same as Igniz

A tiny tier list change, B tier was still hard to organize but I know who are the stronger ones. I felt that the bosses next to each other were consistently arranged :)

SS: Verse

S: Dark Ash, Orochi

A: Awakened Saiki (maybe S tier? Or A+), Base Saiki, Igniz, Orochi Iori, Goenitz

B+: Mukai, Magaki (both unscathed, some even put them above Goenitz and Igniz)

B: Original Zero (?), Omega Rugal(?), Shion(?) (Killed Magaki) (the higher 3)

Krizalid (?), Orochi Leona (?), Orochi Team(?) (the lower 3)

C: Zero (Clone) + Adelheid (both defeated by the Ikari warriors)

Back