• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King of Fighters (SNK) Discussion Thread

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Basically a place where people who like SNK, never ever knew what SNK was and wanna know and those who are confused by their stats and powers can talk it out and have a good time.

Actually scratch that I have one question. How do you know which endings are canon and noncanon in KoF. Is the storyline messed up like SF

It usually depends on whether the endings conflict with anything. The storyline last I checked is pretty concrete. Although it can get a little confusing.

Grudgeman1706 said:
Actually scratch that I have one question. How do you know which endings are canon and noncanon in KoF. Is the storyline messed up like SF
Main Canon endings: Kof 94: Japan Ending.Kof 95: Hero Ending.Kof 96: Sacred Ending.Kof 97: Sacred Force Ending. Kof 99: K Ending.Kof 2000: Whip Ending. Kof 2001: K Hero Team Ending. King of Fighters 2003: Sacred Treasures Ending. (Through Team Ikari defeated Mukai) Kof XI: Kusanagi and Yagami Ending.Kof XIII: Kyo Ending. Kof XIV: Iori Ending.

King of Fighters 98, 2002 and XII are not canon.

Hey guys, I been looking the SNK Bosses and the one that caught my eye was Igniz. According to one of his powers, asterokinesis, he can gather energy from any cosmic object from the universe, one of them being the Milky Way. If he gains energy from an entire galaxy, shouldn't this warrants an upgrade, along with bosses deemed stronger than him such as Verse?

Dino Ranger Black said:
If he gains energy from an entire galaxy, shouldn't this warrants an upgrade, along with bosses deemed stronger than him such as Verse?
No, he never powered himself with that kind of energy in the canon, if he used it he would have simply defeated Kyo and others, but that did not happen, lastly Igniz was inside Verse until he was freed.

Dino Ranger Black said:
Hey guys, I been looking the SNK Bosses and the one that caught my eye was Igniz. According to one of his powers, asterokinesis, he can gather energy from any cosmic object from the universe, one of them being the Milky Way. If he gains energy from an entire galaxy, shouldn't this warrants an upgrade, along with bosses deemed stronger than him such as Verse?
Let me answer what others could not, that move you mention is called Universe Disintegratio and it is his Hidden Desperation Move from the game The King of Fighters 2002 UM which is a dream match just like 2002 was. It has no canonicity, the only thing that move proves is that Igniz can use magic such as in this one to capture an oponent, lock them inside a sphere and implode it with said cosmic energy. We don't know to what extent he can gather cosmic energy but we know he can due to bio-technology from NESTS. I might put him at "possibly at least high 7-A" who knows. So yeah, it's incorrect Dragonmasterxyz. Sincerely, a guy with Igniz as his avatar picture.

I think there is a big difference in power between Saiki and Awakened Saiki/Goenitz and Orochi, like Akuma and Gill. I'm planning to upgrade Base Saiki and Igniz to at least High 7-A (Because they are vastly superior to Goenitz) and Orochi/Awakened Saiki to Possibly 6-C, Dark Ash to 6-C and Verse to at least 6-C, possibly higher.

Dark649 said:
I think there is a big difference in power between Saiki and Awakened Saiki/Goenitz and Orochi, like Akuma and Gill. I'm planning to upgrade Base Saiki and Igniz to at least High 7-A (Because they are vastly superior to Goenitz) and Orochi/Awakened Saiki to Possibly 6-C, Dark Ash to 6-C and Verse to at least 6-C, possibly higher.
Saiki and Awakened Saiki a big power difference? Not too sure about that, the reason I say that and why I put possibly/likely at least High 7-A for base saiki is because he's obviously the main power source and it is shown that all his underlings bow down and obey him. He stated that he could kill them all if he wanted to and called them incompetent. Yes, he absorbed Mukai's powers which was basically... petrification and did BFR, he already had all other powers stated before including that of Dark Energy. Saiki and Igniz are comparable but me and several others ended up agreeing that Saiki may be stronger than him. He is after Orochi in any list.

Igniz is right in between Saiki and Goenitz IMO. It took the sacred treasures to beat off Goenitz, it took more effort from Kyo, Iori and K' to beat off Igniz though. So Igniz may be more comparable to Goenitz but his intelligence and fighting ability (due to an analysis of his competitors) is what makes Igniz seem to outclass him significantly. That and the fact that those 3 that defeated and other team leaders went at him at the same time, could not touch him and Igniz laughed at their efforts.

I do feel Dark Ash however is equal to Orochi if not slightly superior (and obviously superior to Awakaned Saiki). And as for Verse? He's stronger than all of them, so who we need to upgrade is Shun'ei but there isn't enough info at the moment so we are going to have to wait. Also... I'm going to make some changes for Verse, as it took the combined forces of Kyo's team and Shun'ei's to defeat him rather than ALL FIGHTERS as implied in his profile. As we see the cut scenes for all other teams we see other teams that want to help but Master Tung Fu Rue tells them not to and that they can deal with him.

@Dino Ranger Black yeah... they are not very creative sometimes.

Igniz should definitely be above Goenitz. After all, he has the data of all of the playable cast so far and is seemly placed in a higher scale of threat.

I'm not sure about Dark Ash. Should he scale from Saiki via the absorbtion scene?

So, Bosses Tier List:

S+: Verse

S: Dark Ash, Orochi

A: Awakened Saiki, Orochi Iori, Base Saiki, Igniz, Goenitz

B+: Mukai, Magaki, Orochi Leona, Orochi Team

B: Omega Rugal, Krizalid

C: Zero (Clone)

Dino Ranger Black said:
Igniz should definitely be above Goenitz. After all, he has the data of all of the playable cast so far and is seemly placed in a higher scale of threat.
I'm not sure about Dark Ash. Should he scale from Saiki via the absorbtion scene?
Universally agreed that he's above Goenitz, unless one is a deluded Orochi fanboy (who would say the 4 heavenly kings are the next strongest things after Orochi cause... reasons lol).

Dark649 said:
So, Bosses Tier List:
SS: Verse

S: Dark Ash, Orochi

A: Awakened Saiki, Base Saiki, Igniz + Orochi Iori, Goenitz

B+: Mukai, Magaki (both unscathed, some even put them above Goenitz and Igniz, mostly Mukai since there is more information about him at the time tier lists were made)

B: Original Zero (?) Orochi Team(?), Omega Rugal(?), Krizalid + Orochi Leona, Shion(?)

C: Zero (Clone) + Adelheid
I have bolded the changes that should be made. There is NOTHING that suggests Leona is even that strong tbh, even in her Orochi form. She's really fast and strong like Krizalid though, I think that's a fair comparison. B tier is the hardest one to judge IMO, I could be wrong there. Lots of varying opinions there, Omega Rugal also had multiple people fighting him like Igniz did.

For Orochi Iori, he got his powers absorbed by Ash (with Chizuru's treasure) and it took Ash with both Iori's and Chizuru's treasures to take down Saiki when he was distracted. Saiki is definitely above Orochi Iori. He should not be at least, he should be a High 7-A tbh. A fight between Orochi Iori and Igniz would result in a stalemate IMO. What Igniz lacks in craziness (and ability/speed to some extent), brute strength and disregard to durability like Orochi Iori he makes up for in intelligence, grandoise energy attacks and stamina and vice versa.

Actually I'd even say that Igniz would win against Orochi Iori but would be heavily drained and/or damaged after a long grueling fight from these two.

Hey Dark and Mandraak, about Ralf Jones, shouldn't he and Clark be 7-A for contending Orochi Leona and fighting against K' and Maxima in Another Day?

Dino Ranger Black said:
Hey Dark and Mandraak, about Ralf Jones, shouldn't he and Clark be 7-A for contending Orochi Leona and fighting against K' and Maxima in Another Day?
I don't know, that fight was sadly off-screen and Kof Another Day is not canon.

Dark649 said:
Dino Ranger Black said:
I don't know, that fight was sadly off-screen and Kof Another Day is not canon.
@Dino Ranger, what game was it in again? 97 right? I put Ralf and Clark to be comparable to Geese, Takuma and other team leaders which is at Least low 7-B possibly higher. I might even take out the low part for some of those characters, what do you guys think?

Yeah, KOF Another Day is not canon and not to be used in the KOF storyline canon.

Well, Athena can transform into a dragon and breathe fire in her original game, Psycho Soldier.

So, transformation users, fire manipulation and flighht for her in a new form, i suppose.

@Mandraak

I forgot but I did remember the ending. I believe talking out the Low would be fine. Let's see what other thinks.

@Miles

I thought it's Kensou who does that.

Alright.

From what i can gatter from this Psycho Soldier playthrough is that Athena is just a little girl with power inside, burning bright. Both her and Kensou can destroy larger boulders and robots with simple attacks and that she can indeed, transform into a Phoenix with fire breath, and she also has a electrical magic sword of sorts.

https://youtu.be/4j-nO-wtyr8 (Phoenix and Athena using her sword appear @ 2:05)

@Miles

Well, that explains why one of her moves is named after a phoneix. Ok.....you can add it to her profile. Since Kensou can also use the sword, you can add it to his profile as well.

Miles Romero12 said:
Alright.
From what i can gatter from this Psycho Soldier playthrough is that Athena is just a little girl with power inside, burning bright. Both her and Kensou can destroy larger boulders and robots with simple attacks and that she can indeed, transform into a Phoenix with fire breath, and she also has a electrical magic sword of sorts.

https://youtu.be/4j-nO-wtyr8 (Phoenix and Athena using her sword appear @ 2:05)
Irrelevant, the Psycho Soldier feats are not in the same reality as KOF.

A note to everyone: PLEASE DON'T CROSSOVER ALTERNATE REALITY FEATS FROM CHARACTERS THAT ORIGINALLY COME FROM OTHER SNK VERSES (FATAL FURY, ART OF FIGHTING, GAROU, SAMURAI SHODOWN, ETC.) INTO KOF UNLESS INDICATED OTHERWISE. THEY ARE FROM DIFFRENT UNIVERSES AND THEY DO NOT SCALE THE SAME AS THEY ARE DIFFERENT FEATS.

As for Mr. Karate, he does not have a canonical presence in the KOF storyline at least not that's confirmed. He's a downloadable character and like every character addition they do for other games (like Jazu, Hayate, etc. for KOF XI) they are just there to be playable and don't have an actual storyline.

Back