• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Killing Arts vs Martial Arts: Mori Dan vs Veldora Tempest

I have no knowledge on Otaku Dragon and can't look at his profile because the wiki crashes on my phone.

So, a summary on his powers, starting moves and shit would be nice before I say what Mori can do.

Veldora range is only universal+, since Mori has Immortality (Type 9) which he reside in Nirvana the plane of existence outside universe+ sure he is outrange him. And also Mori can't deal with Veldora Immortality (Type 9), because he reside in rimuru Imaginary Space.

That's why idea of incon come from

Veldora range is only universal+, since Mori has Immortality (Type 9) which he reside in Nirvana the plane of existence outside universe+ sure he is outrange him. And also Mori can't deal with Veldora Immortality (Type 9), because he reside in rimuru Imaginary Space.

That's why idea of incon come from
Goofy reasoning.

doesn't veldora have access to that weird space-time transcending hax that allows him to reach the true body of his enemies allowing it to reach even those with type 9 in the verse

doesn't veldora have access to that weird space-time transcending hax that allows him to reach the true body of his enemies allowing it to reach even those with type 9 in the verse
Knowing light novel power-creep he probably does have something akin to that.

I have no knowledge on Otaku Dragon and can't look at his profile because the wiki crashes on my phone.

So, a summary on his powers, starting moves and shit would be nice before I say what Mori can do.
Well, first, he stands there, and passively erases the existence of anything hundreds of kilometers away, and on a universal scale if he’s really trying.

Well, first, he stands there, and passively erases the existence of anything hundreds of kilometers away, and on a universal scale if he’s really trying.
Two questions in response to this:

1. Is this hax 4-D?

2. Are his resistances 4-D?

While not currently reflected on the profile PROPERLY, recent accepted revisions have made all of Mori's hax and abilities 4-Dimensional.

Hm.

Another question, Veldora's resistance to Power Mimicry on his profile seems rather... unconventional? Is there some higher mechanics to it that isn't reflected on the profile, or does one simply need to be able to interact with Souls to bypass it?

Hm.

Another question, Veldora's resistance to Power Mimicry on his profile seems rather... unconventional? Is there some higher mechanics to it that isn't reflected on the profile, or does one simply need to be able to interact with Souls to bypass it?
Unique Skills are inscribed in the soul, which means you would need soul manipulation/info-level power mimicry to affect, and Ultimate Skills are completely unaffected by any skill that isn’t another Ultimate Skill, which includes things such as Rimuru’s Gluttony (which can obtain Unique Skills), or Hinata’s Usuper, which can do the same. Essentially,

Ultimate Skills (Veldora) > Gluttony/Usurper (Power Mimicry) > Unique Skills > Power Mimicry.

Unique Skills are inscribed in the soul, which means you would need soul manipulation/info-level power mimicry to affect, and Ultimate Skills are completely unaffected by any skill that isn’t another Ultimate Skill, which includes things such as Rimuru’s Gluttony (which can obtain Unique Skills), or Hinata’s Usuper, which can do the same. Essentially,

Ultimate Skills (Veldora) > Gluttony/Usurper (Power Mimicry) > Unique Skills > Power Mimicry.
Mori's Power Mimicry coincidentally does function on a spiritual/Information level and is superior to Satan's Power Mimicry which can also copy things on such a level.

So would Mori copying Veldora's abilities be an option?

Mori's Power Mimicry coincidentally does function on a spiritual/Information level and is superior to Satan's Power Mimicry which can also copy things on such a level.

So would Mori copying Veldora's abilities be an option?
Nope, Veldora’s level is above that. Gluttony operates on a spiritual informational level, but can’t affect an Ultimate Skill. He would first have to analyze it, too, which he resists.

Nope, Veldora’s level is above that. Gluttony operates on a spiritual informational level, but can’t affect an Ultimate Skill. He would first have to analyze it, too, which he resists.
I mean they kind of sound like their on the same level? Veldora is resistant/above skills that can copy things on a Spiritual Information level, and so is Mori.

I mean they kind of sound like their on the same level? Veldora is resistant/above skills that can copy things on a Spiritual Information level, and so is Mori.
Veldora isn’t looking to copy Mori’s powers, though.

And, like, this is assuming he even can before immediately getting erased from existence passively.

Veldora isn’t looking to copy Mori’s powers, though.
Okay my point is that Mori is trying to do that tho-
And, like, this is assuming he even can before immediately getting erased from existence passively.
You said it only works on a Universal scale if he actually tries to do that, meaning he doesn't start on that range, meaning Mori has leeway to do something before Veldora gets serious.

Okay my point is that Mori is trying to do that tho-
His mimicry is above spiritual/info resistances?

You said it only works on a Universal scale if he actually tries to do that, meaning he doesn't start on that range, meaning Mori has leeway to do something before Veldora gets serious.
Is he outside the universe, or something? Veldora’s base aura is hundreds of kilometers.

His mimicry is above spiritual/info resistances?
Every living creature in GoH has something called their Core Element, which contains their Information, Soul, Mind, and Body. Satan's (666: Satan) Power Mimicry works on the level of being able to mimic one's Core Element/steal one's Core Element, so does Mujin Park's who can also steal one's abilities through their Core Element, and Mori's Power Mimicry is better than both of these people.

So, yes.

Is he outside the universe, or something? Veldora’s base aura is hundreds of kilometers.
He is indeed outside of the universe.

In addition to the points taken by Milly, I want to point out that Veldora is invulnerable to any skill (including mimicry) for having an ultimate skill, to get around this invulnerability he would have to have good resistance to law manipulation

This has been accepted for LN, but as WN has the same system then I think it's valid

In addition to the points taken by Milly, I want to point out that Veldora is invulnerable to any skill (including mimicry) for having an ultimate skill, to get around this invulnerability he would have to have good resistance to law manipulation

This has been accepted for LN, but as WN has the same system then I think it's valid
He both has Law Manipulation and should resist Law Manipulation.

Every living creature in GoH has something called their Core Element, which contains their Information, Soul, Mind, and Body. Satan's (666: Satan) Power Mimicry works on the level of being able to mimic one's Core Element/steal one's Core Element, so does Mujin Park's who can also steal one's abilities through their Core Element, and Mori's Power Mimicry is better than both of these people.

So, yes.
Ah, nice. He can copy Veldora’s abilities, then, if he can do anything about getting erased.

He is indeed outside of the universe.
Veldora would instantly know that, considering the fact that he has info analysis, then bypasses info analysis resistance.

He both has Law Manipulation and should resist Law Manipulation.
As does Veldora.

Ah, nice. He can copy Veldora’s abilities, then, if he can do anything about getting erased.
Any ability Mori copies he instantly resists.

Veldora would instantly know that, considering the fact that he has info analysis, then bypasses info analysis resistance.
And his info analysis also has universal range, or...?
As does Veldora.
I mean, Peak didn't say anything about Mori NEEDING Law Manipulation, just that he needs to resist it. So idk why Veldora also resisting it matters unless there's something I am missing.

And his info analysis also has universal range, or...?
Indeed, the skill quite literally is all of creation, and that’s further superseded by his skill truth seeker.

Any ability Mori copies he instantly resists.
Does he just start outside the universe? No avatars or anything? Because I have trouble understanding. Not to mention Veldora has other passives. Mind, soul, madness, empathic, on a scale of 150,000 people.

Indeed, the skill quite literally is all of creation, and that’s further superseded by his skill truth seeker.
That's... neat? Mori is OUTSIDE of regular space-time, though, so I don't know if this would function as intended.
Does he just start outside the universe? No avatars or anything? Because I have trouble understanding. Not to mention Veldora has other passives. Mind, soul, madness, empathic, on a scale of 150,000 people.
He does start outside of the universe, yes. His avatars are things he uses to interact with the lower world outside of Nirvana (which is where he resides), which aren't Tier 2 and are 3-Dimensional unlike Mori's self in Nirvana, which is indeed Tier 2.

He does start outside of the universe, yes. His avatars are things he uses to interact with the lower world outside of Nirvana (which is where he resides), which aren't Tier 2 and are 3-Dimensional unlike Mori's self in Nirvana, which is indeed Tier 2.
Does he have an avatar to fight with?

Shouldn't she be on the list instead of Veldora, then? Or is she not Low 2-C?
She isn’t, she’s 3-A.

The only hypothetical way I see this ending is Rimuru giving Veldora the skill, which he can do, and has done before, since they’re essentially symbiotic.

She isn’t, she’s 3-A.

The only hypothetical way I see this ending is Rimuru giving Veldora the skill, which he can do, and has done before, since they’re essentially symbiotic.
That would be considered as outside interference from another character, which I think isn't allowed in VS Threads, but then again I could be heavily tripping on that.

That would be considered as outside interference from another character, which I think isn't allowed in VS Threads, but then again I could be heavily tripping on that.
"Outside Influence: None. No characters of either verse" You are right

Then yeah I don't think that's a viable option unless it's something akin to Naofumi and Raphtalia who technically fight as a pair and can be used in threads as one.

Back