• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kill la Kill downgrade

Anyway, me and DMUA were checking the sandbox I made and uh... he has some valid concerns. Most notably regarding the pillar and spike size.

In the shot where I determine that the pillar has 9 spikes, the entire pillar is shown to be dwarfed by the arena, but the moment they shoot out of the arena walls, they're relatively large. Now I'm not sure if the pillars being small inside the arena is camera angle shenanigans but the pillars being taller than the Jeddah Tower certainly rings some alarm bells. Hence my hesitation to upload it into a blog immediately ATM.

Anyway, me and DMUA were checking the sandbox I made and uh... he has some valid concerns. Most notably regarding the pillar and spike size.

In the shot where I determine that the pillar has 9 spikes, the entire pillar is shown to be dwarfed by the arena, but the moment they shoot out of the arena walls, they're relatively large. Now I'm not sure if the pillars being small inside the arena is camera angle shenanigans but the pillars being taller than the Jeddah Tower certainly rings some alarm bells. Hence my hesitation to upload it into a blog immediately ATM.
I mean, this IS the same verse where kilometers-around domes are a thing casually, so I wouldn't be too worried about it

Also I'm 99% sure Honouiji Academy (the place being blown to the heavens in the calc) is literally visible from space by a long shot

I mean, this IS the same verse where kilometers-around domes are a thing casually, so I wouldn't be too worried about it
Well, if that's the case, who am I to judge

Also I'm 99% sure Honouiji Academy (the place being blown to the heavens in the calc) is literally visible from space by a long shot
True. It literally takes up the entire Tokyo metropolitan area.

Yeah, the pillars being taller then the Jeddah Tower isn't actually far fetched when you realize just how bat-shit insane this verse is, not my cup of tea, never will be, but there are just some things that make sense in comparison to everything else

That doesn't invalidate the fact it's clearly a matter of perspective. The whole spectacle of the shot is the arena's in the background and the pillars are launched into your face at high speed. To directly scale the two dramatically inflates the results.

What are the conclusions so far, and what do we still have to do and evaluate, here?

The conclusion is the calc malfunctions on a basic level and any revisions should find a feat that doesn't require dramatically inflating the size of something by ignoring perspective.

And on that same note, Weekly's unhealthy obsession with the Wiki is still a problem even after they're banned and it shouldn't be encouraged.

Okay. I suppose that we cannot use the calculation then.

I can understand if Weekly wants to contribute in a constructive manner sometimes though, but told him that I cannot be some kind of ongoing mouthpiece for him.

It seems like Weekly and KLOL are trying to rework the calculation, so maybe we can use it after that?

If KLOL posts the calc in a blog and I can't discern any obvious problems (Which, is a steep hill to climb considering I noticed earlier the original Lina calc has like, absolutely no citation for whatever was 200 meters scaled to the arena, on top of the arena being severely distorted in that scene), then I'll accept it.

For now, nada.

Okay. No problem.

Have you posted a new more acceptable version of the calculation @KLOL506 ?

Speaking of which, I checked weekly's sandbox again and he definitely updated it

Okay. No problem.

Have you posted a new more acceptable version of the calculation @KLOL506 ?
I prolly don't have to I think, he carried out the edits and they line up with the version I was going to post.

But now it seems there are issues with Reppuzan's original calc and the shots used to measure the arena, since the arena's image is at such a severe curvature, like DMUA said.

So until those get fully resolved, I'm also hesitant to accept the calc.

I prolly don't have to I think, he carried out the edits and they line up with the version I was going to post.

But now it seems there are issues with Reppuzan's original calc and the shots used to measure the arena, since the arena's image is at such a severe curvature, like DMUA said.

So until those get fully resolved, I'm also hesitant to accept the calc.
Erm... https://fcoc-vs-battles.fandom.com/wiki/User:WeeklyBattles/sandbox1#Addressing_DMUA.27s_Issue

I think that's what got done

Okay, so I checked Weekly's current re-done pillar calc and I got similar values when I re-did it as rough work. He low-balled the pixel-scaling in some areas and could've gotten higher values for better results, but that prolly shouldn't matter in the long run.

In any case, if y'all have further issues, lemme know.

Last edited:
Would you be willing to write a summary regarding what we currently need to do here, and list which previous participants in this thread that I should send a notification to, please?

Would you be willing to write a summary regarding what we currently need to do here, and list which previous participants in this thread that I should send a notification to, please?
Is somebody here willing to do this, so we can try to finish this thread?

I uploaded Weekly's calcs in my blog, but I need the name changed to something like "Some Kill La Kill feats" before I send it in for approval.

Weekly has also proposed some clean-ups for the Kill la Kill verse page here. Of course, you still have to add the images yourself so there's that.

Last edited:
Weekly has brought it to my attention that Soichiro should be 6-A with the Scissor Blades (since y’know, the blades are 6-A), so I’m gonna take care of that and then I think we’ll be done here.

Edit: Nvm, we’re not done, he has more recalcs that should probably be looked at. And there’s also that verse page clean-up that was mentioned earlier.

Last edited:
Since the calcs have been accepted, yeah, I can edit the pages.
Thank you for helping out. That is probably fine. However, if there are several accepted versions of the calculations for the same feats, our calc group members should decide which ones that seem most reliable to use first.

I think I already stated that the Berserker Ryuko calc was more or less out of my area of expertise.

But the later two calcs seem simple enough. I've asked Weekly to properly write down the name and colors of the objects he's pixel-scaling for easier clarification and evaluation.

Okay. I was more thinking of you posting Weekly's calculations in a blog in our wiki after he has finished with them.

Okay. I was more thinking of you posting Weekly's calculations in a blog in our wiki after he has finished with them.
I would but I'd first need him to properly write out what the colored pixel lines represent and what those objects are called. Part of the reason why it took me so long to evaluate them is because he didn't write down what he was measuring with the colored pixel lines until I told him to. After which I did my own version and they more or less matched.

Back