• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fixing Verses Part 3: PTJ Verse

So my second crt finally finished and now I'm onto my third. I was struggling to find a verse to make this crt for until I went to write a message on Agnaa's message wall and saw this message. I realised that there were 2 calculations for the verse lookism so I searched up the page to find the "PTJ" verse where I noticed plenty of inflated calculations (more then I'd hoped for. So I'm making this thread to fix the verse !!

Yeonwoo's Punch
Using face length is much more accurate. Eye length just gives inflated numbers.

Logan punches Alexander Hwang
I have very minimal problems with this calculation, but It still should bought up

1. Fragmentation for concrete is 6 J/cc
2. Assuming the crater has a depth 25 cm is a extreme highball and doesn't have much proof for it.

Warren Kicks
Again the calculation just assumes the crater depth of 25 cm. I really don't see why its assumed

Also KLOL revised the calculation in the comments giving a new result of 2.7 megajoules not 3.6

Warren does a lot of damage
This one I have a big problem with because the calculation assumes that the 'crater' is made fully out of marble when in reality I would assume that there's only about 3 percent marble, the rest seems to be dirt, mud or concrete ?

Hobin moves fast
This calculation has just one small problem. I'm 99 percent sure this is calculation stacking or something like that since there isn't proof that this mma guy is faster then this Taehun guy...

Warren Chae multi punch
Small suggestion but using the human proportion calculator, Warren seem to have an arm length of 0.73 metres not 0.78 metres

Zack Lee dodges a punch
This calculation has a lot of problems

1. I feel like this is calculation stacking but I'm not to knowledgable on the verse so I couldn't tell you
2. The pixel scaling gives inflated results.
3. Pixel scaling face size is more accurate
4. The average eye height is not 2.5 cm its actually 2.3 cm (although I do not know if it is a reliable source so face size is more accurate)

Park shoots a knife
I'll just list Agnaa's debunk:

Assuming that his arm rotated 180 degrees is really wack. It seems pretty plausible that it was already drawing up, just off-screen, before he shot, putting the distance travelled more along the lines of 20cm. Although it's hard to tell, since this calc doesn't actually link the feat (as all calcs should).

Plus, given the angle of the dude's face before and after, it seems like he moved his head back in that time, so he would've had more time to move his arm up.

As for the lifting strength calculations I have to get more comfortable with my knowledge on them so I'll leave them for now.

Last edited:
So my second crt finally finished and now I'm onto my third. I was struggling to find a verse to make this crt for until I went to write a message on Agnaa's message wall and saw this message. I realised that there were 2 calculations for the verse lookism so I searched up the page to find the "PTJ" verse where I noticed plenty of inflated calculations (more then I'd hoped for. So I'm making this thread to fix the verse !!

I have very minimal problems with this calculation, but It still should bought up

2. Assuming the crater has a depth 25 cm is a extreme highball and doesn't have much proof for it.
Second point is just wrong becasue that's what the average human chest depth is, 10 inches.

Warren Kicks
Again the calculation just assumes the crater depth of 25 cm. I really don't see why its assumed
Human chest depth.

Since I have not evaluated the other calcs, they're not my concern.

The thing is your assuming the crater is the depth of a human chest which just gives really inflated numbers. I honestly don't see these craters having a depth above 10 cm.
A human is effectively embedded into that crater, it being 10 cm in depth with that kind of context given is just asinine at best, especially given that you have not provided any evidence for that claim.

A human is effectively embedded into that crater, it being 10 cm in depth with that kind of context given is just asinine at best, especially given that you have not provided any evidence for that claim.
I disagree with you here. But your right, I don't have any evidence for my claim, I will drop these two calculations. Other then the Hwang one since the fragmentation value isn't correct.

I've been asked to voice here, but apparently it seems a matter of sheer calcs, which aren't really my ballpark. For what's worth, if the new calcs are more reliable, then I have no problem with having them implemented.

Hobin moves fast
This calculation has just one small problem. I'm 99 percent sure this is calculation stacking or something like that since there isn't proof that this mma guy is faster then this Taehun guy...
Yes. it's calc stacking as "Using speed of characters or attacks calculated at other instances can't be used" a better speed would be 14 m/s as it's an IRL source for punching speed. This would lead the result to be (2.27196) x (14 ) / (0.0762) = 417 m/s (Supersonic), unfortunately the chapter isn't linked so I can't tell if this falls under the evading punch rules which is something that should be checked.
Warren Chae multi punch
Small suggestion but using the human proportion calculator, Warren seem to have an arm length of 0.73 metres not 0.78 metres
That's not even the problem, the feat is litterally just a guy costantly hitting another guy and nothing suggests he did all that faster than the other guy reaction, if I can land the first punch you 99% won't react to the second one only beacuse you are still in pain/stunned by the first, I've explained it better here.
Zack Lee dodges a punch

1. I feel like this is calculation stacking but I'm not to knowledgable on the verse so I couldn't tell you
4. The average eye height is not 2.5 cm its actually 2.3 cm (although I do not know if it is a reliable source so face size is more accurate)
It's 100% calc stacking, also I will mention that as it looks in the second scan the guy who is punching already completed the movement, as far as we can tell the guy only dodge the punch the the bare minimum movement and just blitzed the guy after that and he didn't move all that distance before the guy could finish the punch as the calc suggests since, again, the punch is already finished.
Also unless the guy has >3m of arm the distance is wrong + we have a line for the movement he did so... why aren't we using it?
We should check if it doesn' fall under the evading punch rule
Park shoots a knife

Plus, given the angle of the dude's face before and after, it seems like he moved his head back in that time, so he would've had more time to move his arm up.
Agree.

I was planning on finishing the serie before partecipate in PTJ threads but this is interesting so I may add something:

Piggy punches a crazy person:
"What most likely happened here is piggy punched him and then he dropped the knife while falling back"
No, we clearly see the punch landed on the knife, if he would have punched the face the hand with the knife wouldn't be on the face level, instead it would be in front, also the guy isn't damaged on the face so...
In addition the guy looks farther in the last scan so either Daniel moved back or the original distance was an exageration.

I'll just remark that the first thing we should do is to look if any of these feats fall under the evading punch rule as they all imply a character is abstronomically faster than the other, I would say the Piggy punches a crazy person calc falls under this for the following reason: the context implies Daniel was able to perform it because he remembered and used the jab and not because he is SOS so it's more like a skill feat than a speed feat + if he truly was almost 40x faster than the guy with a knife I don't see why he just didn't obliterated him from the beginning, the context suggests he needed help from Vasco and couldn't have finish the fight on his own.

Someone should tag some supporters who are more knowledgable than me on the serie.

Yes. it's calc stacking as "Using speed of characters or attacks calculated at other instances can't be used" a better speed would be 14 m/s as it's an IRL source for punching speed. This would lead the result to be (2.27196) x (14 ) / (0.0762) = 417 m/s (Supersonic), unfortunately the chapter isn't linked so I can't tell if this falls under the evading punch rules which is something that should be checked.

That's not even the problem, the feat is litterally just a guy costantly hitting another guy and nothing suggests he did all that faster than the other guy reaction, if I can land the first punch you 99% won't react to the second one only beacuse you are still in pain/stunned by the first, I've explained it better here.

It's 100% calc stacking, also I will mention that as it looks in the second scan the guy who is punching already completed the movement, as far as we can tell the guy only dodge the punch the the bare minimum movement and just blitzed the guy after that and he didn't move all that distance before the guy could finish the punch as the calc suggests since, again, the punch is already finished.
Also unless the guy has >3m of arm the distance is wrong + we have a line for the movement he did so... why aren't we using it?
We should check if it doesn' fall under the evading punch rule

Agree.

I was planning on finishing the serie before partecipate in PTJ threads but this is interesting so I may add something:

Piggy punches a crazy person:
"What most likely happened here is piggy punched him and then he dropped the knife while falling back"
No, we clearly see the punch landed on the knife, if he would have punched the face the hand with the knife wouldn't be on the face level, instead it would be in front, also the guy isn't damaged on the face so...
In addition the guy looks farther in the last scan so either Daniel moved back or the original distance was an exageration.

I'll just remark that the first thing we should do is to look if any of these feats fall under the evading punch rule as they all imply a character is abstronomically faster than the other, I would say the Piggy punches a crazy person calc falls under this for the following reason: the context implies Daniel was able to perform it because he remembered and used the jab and not because he is SOS so it's more like a skill feat than a speed feat + if he truly was almost 40x faster than the guy with a knife I don't see why he just didn't obliterated him from the beginning, the context suggests he needed help from Vasco and couldn't have finish the fight on his own.

Someone should tag some supporters who are more knowledgable than me on the serie.
Yeah. I've noticed that a lot of the calculations have panel orders that just don't make sense. I agree with most if not all your points.

Yeonwoo's Punch
Using face length is much more accurate. Eye length just gives inflated numbers.

Warren Kicks

Also KLOL revised the calculation in the comments giving a new result of 2.7 megajoules not 3.6

Warren does a lot of damage
This one I have a big problem with because the calculation assumes that the 'crater' is made fully out of marble when in reality I would assume that there's only about 3 percent marble, the rest seems to be dirt, mud or concrete ?

Hobin moves fast

Warren Chae multi punch

Zack Lee dodges a punch

Park shoots a knife
I'll just list Agnaa's debunk:

Assuming that his arm rotated 180 degrees is really wack. It seems pretty plausible that it was already drawing up, just off-screen, before he shot, putting the distance travelled more along the lines of 20cm. Although it's hard to tell, since this calc doesn't actually link the feat (as all calcs should).

As for the lifting strength calculations I have to get more comfortable with my knowledge on them so I'll leave them for now.
Bump

Back