• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

KFP - Hopefully the final revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
Something I've been meaning to do for a while now. Most of the KFP profiles are pretty good, but they still need a few adjustments. I'm sure I'll miss something here too, but this should cover the important stuff.

AP + Durability Revisions
>Messages Crabwhale on FC/OC wiki and tells him that the Furious Five should be 8-C+

>"Uh, alright."

>Actually makes them 8-C

All jokes aside, the 8-C feat that was calculated recently was of Tigress when she was younger, so the Tigress (and FF) that fought Tai Lung should be stronger and considerably more experienced. Plus what was stated in the thread above, them being able to somewhat harm Tai Lung, should justify a Building level+ ranking. Speaking of Secrets of the Scroll, Boar has a decent feat here where he destroys a large amount of trees.

Po's durability. So Kai is rated as 8-B for doing this. Thing is, Po directly took the impact of the attack, considering he was the one being hit. I can understand other arguments for not scaling others to Kai (he was holding back etc) but this is literally the very feat that we rate him 8-B for. Po is far, far stronger than when he fought Tai Lung (the reason why he's High 8-C), and his durability is notoriously above his AP. So while there's not enough to suggest that Po has High 8-C AP, he should get City Block level Durability. There's another decent rock bust in the spirit realm fight, which could get calced. Po lighting up (part of) the spirit realm with his chi could be calced too, though idk if it would get good results.

So it was decided a while back that Hero's Chi Po doesn't have amped durability. Here's the episode in questio (warning: there's a lot of ads). Except he took a direct hit from Ke-Pa who's rated as 8-A, 42 and a half minutes in. He wasn't holding back; it's one of the most bloodlusted hits I've seen in KFP, and it's also not PIS since Po had an amp that puts him far above his regular level. So Hero's Chi, and by extension Mastery of Chi Po should get Multi-City Block level durability.

Powers & Abilities
Pretty much everyone relevant: Chi Manipulation, Energy Projection and Life Manipulation. In the ending of Kung Fu Panda 3, Po teaches Shifu and the Furious Five (and a bunch of others) how to use Chi. Feat in question. They then proceed to project their chi and bring life to flowers about a kilometre away. Also, from what I remember, all members of the Furious Five learnt how to levitate in the episode 'In with the Old'. The above abilities should apply to Oogway. Speaking of...

Master Oogway: He made a large barrier out of chi , which should count as Forcefield Creation. Furthermore, in the episode I linked above (Enter the Dragon) it was stated that Oogway passed on the gift of Hero's Chi to Po, which is Power Bestowal. Finally, he was able to turn Ke-Pa into a pig, which is Transmutation

Master Tigress: After not being able to harm Boar whatsoever, she gained a power boost and started overpowering him. By the flash in her eyes + roar, this is probably Rage Power. Also, Tigress has a few feats of Enhanced Senses. She was the only one of the Furious Five to figure out what Shifu was saying from a mountain away (in Enter the Dragon), and sensed Kai approaching when he was at the bottom of a mountain. Finally, she should have Resistance to Pain Manipulation through this. Also, she got shot by a flaming arrow to the foot and barely flinched.

Po, Oogway and possibly Crane were able to affect the intangible demons that Ke-Pa released, again in Enter the Dragon. Po and Oogway should definitely get this, Crane probably should too for snatching a villager directly from its hands (around 37 minutes in).

Master Mantis: He has Size Manipulation via the Gong Tau Potio and its antidote, which increases and reverts his size respectively. Sorry that I couldn't find a link to the original episode.

Po: I believe Po should get Accelerated Development, for being able to go from a nobody to being able to defeat Tai Lung in just over a week. Furthermore, he should get Resistance to blunt force attacks for being able to no-sell Tai Lung's signature move. Minor thing, but resistance to nerve attacks should be moved to his first key, as should the above.

Lord Shen: He produced a line of silk to catch Master Ox off-guard, which is Thread Manipulation. There should probably be a mention of his cannons somewhere on his profile, considering he's seen with them in almost every appearance.

Kai the Collector: Weapon Mastery... for obvious reasons. Also, Portal Creation/Teleportation via this.Both should be self-explanatory.

Master Shifu: He demonstrated knowledge of the Wuxi Finger Hold to Po, which Tai Lung confirmed. The technique is what Po used to send Tai Lung + later himself to the spirit realm, so he should get BFR.

Tai Lung: He was taught further and more thoroughly than the Furious Five, meaning he should have been taught by Shifu about how to use melee weapons, giving him Weapon Mastery.

Speed
Ke-Pa is currently listed as Subsonic for outpacing, and being superior to, Po. Trouble is, Po at this point had defeated Lord Shen, confirmed by Po's fans at the start of the movie, giving him Supersonic combat speed. Ke-Pa should therefore be Supersonic, or at the very least be given Po's current speed rating in KFP2.

Minor thing, but Master Crane should have Supersonic flight speed for being faster than, and barely missing , Po. Further supported by how he reached the Jade Palace before Tai Lung did.

Lifting Strength
All those who don't scale to Kai's lifting strength feat should scale to Mantis' feat of supporting a rope bridge with Tai Lung + FF on it (which should be calced, but until then, they should be SuperHuman). Can't think of any FF lifting strength feats that would be superior, but Kai swinging Oogway's statuewould probably get decent results.

Conclusions
8-C+ for the furious five who are 8-C now, 8-B dura for KFP3 Po, 8-A dura for Hero/Mastery of Chi Po, Supersonic speed for Ke-Pa and Crane (flight only), Superhuman lifting strength for all who aren't Class M.

Now that we're discussing this, shouldn't be Tigress High 8-C in Kung Fu Panda 2? When they were on a boat Po tried to train by hitting her hand, but when he did he said it hurt, and later in the movie they fought in a prison, and Tigress defeated him easily.

Hmm, possibly. Although I'd say that overall, Po was superior to her.

Then you remember you planned to make Oogway/ Kai / Po High 4-C , possibly 3-A or Low 2-C with MFTL+ at their highest known levels...

Anyways I agree with the revisions

Maybe it would be best if we keep movies/LoA characters separate from Paws of Destiny KFP characters? Cause there would be a massive discrepancy in stats...

Not really ?

It was stated via a guide and directly in the show it takes place after KFP 3 . The feats scaling to the Spirit World date back to KFP 3 ... And only scale to the God-Tiers . Plus Kai's statements of being a threat to the Universe make it more consistent.

( I swear someone says " My universe " debunks the whole thing I'll go bananas because that's a really, really flawed argument )

However if agreed upon by the majority I'll make the Three Constellations separate from the regular continuity.

When was it stated that Kai was a threat to the universe? I don't remember that at all.

I don't see how the rest is relevant when the movie characters haven't shown feats above 8-A and Supersonic

Bump. Ill post various transcripts that imply it:

Viper: Do you really think Po can master chi in time?

Shifu: Doesn't matter what I think. It only matters what the universe thinks.

Oogway: Grown… up. As I hoped you would when I sent the message to your father.

Po: [gasps] You sent the universe mail? Whoa…

Oogway: Yes. Because the universe needed you.

The above seems to hint that he was a threat to the Universe as the Universe itself chose Po to protect it from Kai. Remember the only one who was stated outright as a threat to the Universe in the show was Jindiao... And he was far stronger than Kai & could fight the Constellation's Older Selves who wielded the Wellspring : A Universal Power and the Chi of the Universe.

Because the Movie and the TV Show share the same canon. Paws of Destiny takes place after Kung Fu Panda 3 . Ke-Pa is a TV only villain ( and was fodderized by a weaker Hero's Chi Po than KFP 3 by a significant margin ) ... Yet he's stated on the profile as it was stated to be after KFP 1 .

I think you may be reading too much into it.

From the very first movie, there was mentions of the universe, like when Oogway said "The universe has brought us the Dragon Warrior". This doesn't mean that Tai Lung was a threat to the universe, nor that Po was/is strong enough to defeat a universe buster. That's because universe here isn't meant literally, especially since the universe we know isn't, well, sentient. At most, it was saying that Po was the only person in the universe who could have stopped Kai, which was true.

This isn't mentioning how consistently tier 8 the verse is. From Young Tigress' feat, to Tai Lung's crater + building kick, to Kai's rock busts to Ke-Pa destroying the jade palace, the verse has a surprising amount of consistency at tier 8. Also, while Ke-Pa was a TV only villain, he was canonically beating Oogway until Oogway got his hero's chi restored.

Anyway, I'm gonna add a few new things I forgot to mention to the OP. I have no problems with Paws of Destiny being treated seperately if it has legit High 4-C feats, but it doesn't reflect the movie characters well at all if they're given High 4-C rankings.

Okay... No. Not really.... The universe is described to be a actual, sentient entity in a few quotes... Not something that is too metaphoric. Tai Lung's however was metaphoric and even with the highest exaggeration he wouldn't scale ot it. Please don't assume every quote that says Universe is meant to be metpahorical when most of them are taken literally... Especially in KFP 3... Which is the main statements I'm talking about.

Literally Oogway only scales to it with Hero's Chi though... Not his regular self.

Again... I have no problem with them being separate... As long as we make the tv show exclusive cast.

Let us not debate this... It's distracting from the purpose of this CRT.

So long as we're keeping this seperate, I agree there's no reason to debate this.

I'll contact Dark, do you know any other KFP supporters?

The suggestions are fine, i also agree that Tigress was High 8-C since Kung Fu Panda 2.

Oh, one final thing. Given that Kai and Oogway are spirit warriors, should they get self sustenance types 2 + 3? I suppose an argument can be made for Tai Lung being a spirit warrior as well, given that he was skadooshed and that Kai had Tai Lung's chi

GyroNutz said:
Tai Lung's crater + building kick
I'd wager that kick wasn't actually tier 8. He just kicked the thing in the right spot to disrupt its structural integrity and cause it to crumble.

That said the 'verse is still consistently tier 8

Mmm, possibly. Though causing a decently sized building to crumble would still probably get decent results. But I tigress.

What do you think of the proposed changes?

Okay. Remember to update all of the related statistics and the tier categories at the bottom of the pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back