• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kenny Omega (and apparently the rest of the verse) Stamina "Downgrade"

I mean, if we go by what commentators say then lifting 98kg is superhuman (the other thread), so they shouldn't be taken that literal.
It really depends on the context of the situation.

Despite what you think, statements from commentary do hold a lot of weight in certain aspects, but of course, there are times when they use flowery language to hype up their wrestlers.

I seriously don't think that this is the case here.

Have there been any situations where a Peak Human has fought through a torn pectoral muscle to the extent Cody did?

Have there been any situations where a Peak Human has fought through a torn pectoral muscle to the extent Cody did?
Honestly don't know, haven't searched a lot about people fight with specifically a torn pec, though considering how that isn't a fatal wound and all the other cases show through this thread of humans fighting with worse wounds (like the broken ribs, necks and skulls), I would suppose that isn't something really impossible for peak humans.

It really depends on the context of the situation.

Despite what you think, statements from commentary do hold a lot of weight in certain aspects, but of course, there are times when they use flowery language to hype up their wrestlers.

I seriously don't think that this is the case here.
My point still stands here.

I honestly doubt commentators are knowledgeables enough about what is really beyond human realm (aka superhuman), since I doubt they know that humans can fight for example for an extended period of time with no treated broken necks, or other similar things (like with broken ribs, foots, skulls, etc), they also already showed to call something superhuman when said thing isn't even close to it (example being the Cena lifting Rollins who weight is 98kg) and in general have also say things without be sure (like for example say that someone had a concussion without any medical confirmation or clear effect from that).

So I really believe is better to not take so seriously/literal what commentators say and instead just judge feats from an objetive point of view, though at the end this is my opinions and if staffs decide otherwise then I can't say anything more.

Yeah, no.

We have tons of statements from commentary that are taken legitimately.

Admittedly, they do exaggerate a wrestler's ability sometimes, but the commentary are a solid source of evidence most of the time.

A decent portion of the feats in WWE come from statements from commentary.

sweat-nervous.gif

If we're going on one statement, can we settle for At least peak human, possibly Superhuman stamina?
The problem is that such a things aren't certainly Superhuman because we have irl examples of humans doing such things and even in worse conditions. If we go with commentators statements of what is Superhuman then lifting someone who weight 98kg is Superhuman.

The problem is that such a things aren't certainly Superhuman because we have irl examples of humans doing such things and even in worse conditions. If we go with commentators statements of what is Superhuman then lifting someone who weight 98kg is Superhuman.
Not everything commentary says should be taken legitimately, but, as someone who's knowledgeable on the verse, commentary is a valid source for feats more often than not.

Don't believe me, ask other knowledgeable members like @Pikaman about commentary statements.

Also, comparing what commentary about a wrestler lifting 98kg to what commentary said about a wrestler fighting for 20+ minutes with a torn pectoral muscle isn't the smartest idea.

Also, comparing what commentary about a wrestler lifting 98kg to what commentary said about a wrestler fighting for 20+ minutes with a torn pectoral muscle isn't the smartest idea.
I don't see the problem with that when both cases aren't really something beyond the real of what is humanly possible.

Back