• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kenganverse tier scaling

Since the update of the calculations has been approved and accepted, it remains to determine the scaling of all character layers:

Let's start with a simple one. Low 7-C key belongs to Inside Ohma. So its first key should be edited from "9-C to Low 7-C".

Now let's move on to scaling the low tier. The starting point will be Inaba, which is claimed to be 2-3 times weaker than BoS Ohma. Why руit scaling up to Inside Ohma? At least because it is capable of causing damage to BoS Ohma, and Inside Ohma, according to Kiryu, is declared to be much weaker physically than BoS Ohma (Statement 1 and statement 2), which correlates well with the statement about the superiority of Ohma over Inaba.
Also, Inaba absolutely has to scale up to LS Kid Kiryu.

0)Inaba statistics:

AP and Durability: Small Town Level (2,37 Kilotons of TNT);
Speed: Supersonic (1,59 Mach);
LS: Class K (182 Tons);

1)Low tier scales to BoS Ohma, which scales 2-3 times higher than Inaba (we will use 2.5 times). They scales up to Mikazuchi and his LS feat, as well as speed, because Ohma scales up to base Raian, which reacts carelessly to base Rei.​

Mid tier has the following statistics:

AP and Durability: Town level (5,9 Kilotons of TNT);
Speed:
High Hypersonic (25,8 Mach);

LS: Class M (20965 Tons);

3)Mid tier scales up to Mokichi, which scales to base Raian, which is 1/3 of its full power.

So their stats are:​

AP and Durability: Town level (29,5 Kilotons of TNT);
Speed: High Hypersonic (25,8 Mach);

4)High tier characters scale to Wakatsuki, which has a multiplier of x5 relative to Ohma and scales to its own multiplier of x3 for kicks.​

High tier statistics:

AP and Durability: Town level+ (88,5 Kilotons of TNT);
Speed: High Hypersonic (25,8 Mach);

5)Scale scale God tier characters such as Shen Wulong far beyond all of these feats, and scale up to the Fei speed feat and have the following stats:​

AP and Durability: At least Town level (88,5 Kilotons of TNT);
Speed: At least High Hypersonic+ (89,7 Mach);
LS: At least Class M (20965 Tons);

Last edited:
It remains to figure out who is mid, who is mid-high, and who is low tier. With high and god tiers, everything is simple.

Ohma doesn't regain his powers during the time he fought Inaba though, like it's explicitly mentioned that he only regained his powers some time during his fight with Raian/Setsuna (Can't remember precisely but you get the point).

Yes Inside Ohma may be 'physically weaker', but his techniques make up for that and thus he performed that crazy feat. Though if you have another statement that support ur claim, I wholeheartedly agree.

Ohma doesn't regain his powers during the time he fought Inaba though, like it's explicitly mentioned that he only regained his powers some time during his fight with Raian/Setsuna (Can't remember precisely but you get the point).

Yes Inside Ohma may be 'physically weaker', but his techniques make up for that and thus he performed that crazy feat. Though if you have another statement that support ur claim, I wholeheartedly agree.
His techniques in BoS are weaker because he is devoid of memories

Damn, scaling this manga is just a bunch of shit.

Scales scale up to Hatsumi, which scales up to Wakatsuki. Just pay attention - Kaneda scales up to Hatsumi, which scales up to Wakatsuki. Do you understand what I mean?

Scale scale is supposed to be low tier, however, it scales up to Kokuro through Sandrovich's statements, and Sandrovich withstood Ryuki's attacks, which scales up to Found, who is physically stronger than Okubo.

Damn, scaling this manga is just a bunch of shit.

Scales scale up to Hatsumi, which scales up to Wakatsuki. Just pay attention - Kaneda scales up to Hatsumi, which scales up to Wakatsuki. Do you understand what I mean?

Scale scale is supposed to be low tier, however, it scales up to Kokuro through Sandrovich's statements, and Sandrovich withstood Ryuki's attacks, which scales up to Found, who is physically stronger than Okubo.
Umm whats up with the ‘Scales scale’ thingie? Though I do get ur point that this manga is inconsistent as hell with it’s scaling.

But I guess you could make an argument like: BOS Ohma is physically stronger than Teenage/Inside Ohma, but he just lacks the skill because his memories were gone
And just scale everyone like normal.

Umm whats up with the ‘Scales scale’ thingie? Though I do get ur point that this manga is inconsistent as hell with it’s scaling.

But I guess you could make an argument like: BOS Ohma is physically stronger than Teenage/Inside Ohma, but he just lacks the skill because his memories were gone
And just scale everyone like normal.
The fact is that Ohma physically scales up to its feat, so increasing physical strength affects AP

There's another thing I'd like to point out that your scalings stuck in Asura, like in Omega people like Raian, Ohma, Agito, Wakatasuki are comparable to one another. I'd say specify that this is only the scaling for Kengan Asura and not Kengan Omega as their vastly different.

His kick which is 88,5 Kilotons shouldn't be the rating everyone who's comparable to Wakatsuki scales to as even Julius got knocked out the 2nd he threw that kick at Julius.

There's another thing I'd like to point out that your scalings stuck in Asura, like in Omega people like Raian, Ohma, Agito, Wakatasuki are comparable to one another. I'd say specify that this is only the scaling for Kengan Asura and not Kengan Omega as their vastly different.

His kick which is 88,5 Kilotons shouldn't be the rating everyone who's comparable to Wakatsuki scales to as even Julius got knocked out the 2nd he threw that kick at Julius.
Wakatsuki scales in strength to his own kicks, while Julius deals damage to him, and Wakatsuki is comparable to him in AP.
We also had a panel where Julius withstands one kick at the expense of the block. It's all about technique and precision, not the force of the blow.
In Gaolang's last fight, he couldn't knock Justin out with a series of punches and even a hook to the temple, but he was able to oneshoted with a punch to the jaw. Technique and timings are important.

Wakatsuki scales in strength to his own kicks, while Julius deals damage to him, and Wakatsuki is comparable to him in AP.
His durability is not 1:1 with his attack potency, it's 1:3.

We also had a panel where Julius withstands one kick at the expense of the block. It's all about technique and precision, not the force of the blow.
It literally has everything to do with the force of the blow, Wakatsuki couldn't finish Julius up using his punches so he resorted to his kicks instead because they were 3x more powerful.

In Gaolang's last fight, he couldn't knock Justin out with a series of punches and even a hook to the temple, but he was able to oneshoted with a punch to the jaw. Technique and timings are important.
You're ignoring the fact that Justin's neck is super durable and it could even withstand strikes that are said to rival even Medel's, Gaolang is physically stronger and has better technique so I don't know why you're bringing him up.

And again, this scaling only applies in Asura. So I don't know why there's a mention of Fei and Shen, even though everything in this scaling is still stuck in Asura.

His durability is not 1:1 with his attack potency, it's 1:3.
Purely physically, the leg is 3 times stronger than the arm, but thanks to techniques this difference can be reduced. Therefore, Wakatsuki scales up to kicks.
It literally has everything to do with the force of the blow, Wakatsuki couldn't finish Julius up using his punches so he resorted to his kicks instead because they were 3x more powerful.
Wakatsuki did not use the technique until the last moment because it was a matter of his pride.

Moreover, Julius is taller than him, so his attack range is greater, so he had to use his legs
You're ignoring the fact that Justin's neck is super durable and it could even withstand strikes that are said to rival even Medel's, Gaolang is physically stronger and has better technique so I don't know why you're bringing him up.
A strong neck should protect against blows to the jaw, which affect the brain. A blow to the temple is generally fatal.
And again, this scaling only applies in Asura. So I don't know why there's a mention of Fei and Shen, even though everything in this scaling is still stuck in Asura.
The point is that the best feats happened in Asura, so they scale to Omega

The point is that the best feats happened in Asura, so they scale to Omega
My point is that the characters scaling aren't like this, the thread itself is fine but the scaling is pretty incoherent in itself.

Characters like Xia Ji, Akoya (Pre-evolution) and Ryuki (Before training) would be the actual mid tiers rather than scaling w/ Raian who's strong enough to face off against Ohma everyday who in turn fought Lolong (the guy who's comparable to Kuroki, and fought Yan to a stalemate).

Raian and people who have scaling related to him should be high tiers (Raian After Training, Lolong After Training, Ohma, Julius after improving his technique, Agito After Training, and a lot more that I can help apply the changes).

And the god tier as we know is Shen Wulong and his counterpart The Tiger.

My point is that the characters scaling aren't like this, the thread itself is fine but the scaling is pretty incoherent in itself.

Characters like Xia Ji, Akoya (Pre-evolution) and Ryuki (Before training) would be the actual mid tiers rather than scaling w/ Raian who's strong enough to face off against Ohma everyday who in turn fought Lolong (the guy who's comparable to Kuroki, and fought Yan to a stalemate).

Raian and people who have scaling related to him should be high tiers (Raian After Training, Lolong After Training, Ohma, Julius after improving his technique, Agito After Training, and a lot more that I can help apply the changes).

And the god tier as we know is Shen Wulong and his counterpart The Tiger.
Bro, I'm not happy with the chaos that's going on here, but we can't ignore cross-scaling.

Trite Kaneda downscales to Hatsumi, which scales from Wakatsuki. Do you understand what this means? The physically weakest and the physically strongest Kangan characters will have the same stats and within vsb Kaneda will win due to his analytical skills. It's surreal.

Trite Kaneda downscales to Hatsumi, which scales from Wakatsuki. Do you understand what this means? The physically weakest and the physically strongest Kangan characters will have the same stats and within vsb Kaneda will win due to his analytical skills. It's surreal.
The only reason why Kaneda is capable of damaging Hatsumi is cause of his durability negation type abilities. I mean again, we can just make it in their profiles something like this:

Higher With technique A (Could deal severe damage to Ohma's organs with technique A)

The only reason why Kaneda is capable of damaging Hatsumi is cause of his durability negation type abilities. I mean again, we can just make it in their profiles something like this:
Notice how exactly Kaneda "ignores durability." These are not magical attacks, not Rakshasa Palm, not Chi blocking. He simply presses with his weight on one point. From a storytelling perspective it just wouldn't work for Edward and Julius, so it's not exactly ignoring Durability

Notice how exactly Kaneda "ignores durability." These are not magical attacks, not Rakshasa Palm, not Chi blocking. He simply presses with his weight on one point. From a storytelling perspective it just wouldn't work for Edward and Julius, so it's not exactly ignoring Durability
That’s precisely ignoring his whole body’s durability as it’s focused on one single point, or the better term for it would be piercing damage rather than durability negation.

That’s precisely ignoring his whole body’s durability as it’s focused on one single point, or the better term for it would be piercing damage rather than durability negation.
For some reason I can’t log into your profile because it gives me an error.
Can you write me a private message so we can discuss scaling and some nuances?

I believe mid tier is better than downscale to a baseline of 7-C+ because they are able to deal damage to high tier at 7-C+ but do so using surprise attacks or attacking weak points

This way we avoid the whole verse being scaled to the highest point AP

Aight so after me & @NikHelton discussed the scaling, we came up with this:

God Tiers: Shen Wulong and The Tiger (His counterpart)
Top Tiers: Divine Demon Fei Wangfang, 100% Removal Eddie, possibly 100% Removal Gillbert (He's only mentally weaker than Eddie)
High Tiers: Tokita Ohma, Kure Raian, Kanoh Agito, Kuroki Gensai, Lolong Donaire, Wakatsuki Takeshi, Sekibayashi, Kiozan, and people who fully scale to them (Not because of a durability negation based attack)
Mid Tiers: Ryuki (Rakshasa's Palm), Koga Narushima (Niko Style), Base Willem Wu, Justin, Sakigake

Aight so after me & @NikHelton discussed the scaling, we came up with this:

God Tiers: Shen Wulong and The Tiger (His counterpart)
Top Tiers: Divine Demon Fei Wangfang, 100% Removal Eddie, possibly 100% Removal Gillbert (He's only mentally weaker than Eddie)
High Tiers: Tokita Ohma, Kure Raian, Kanoh Agito, Kuroki Gensai, Lolong Donaire, Wakatsuki Takeshi, Sekibayashi, Kiozan, and people who fully scale to them (Not because of a durability negation based attack)
Mid Tiers: Ryuki (Rakshasa's Palm), Koga Narushima (Niko Style), Base Willem Wu, Justin, Sakigake
I think Kuroki should be in the top tiers because he was rated extremely highly by Shen. He started training actively at the end of Asura and probably became much stronger

I think Kuroki should be in the top tiers because he was rated extremely highly by Shen. He started training actively at the end of Asura and probably became much stronger
Kuroki is still on the level of people like Lolong and Agito but slightly higher, he's one of the stronger high tiers that are close to top tiers.

Back