• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Katakuri vs Shalltear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna wait for some input before I vote, but worth noting

-Katakuri has AP advantage

-Shalltear can likely survive being one-shotted with her revival

-I think most of Shalltear's items can be transmuted

Shalltear's almost everything gets either transmuted or regenerated from, but he has no counter to Shalltear looking at his eyes and mindhaxing him. But that's literally her only way of winning

Well, I'm not sure if it would be a stomp. If she doesn't lead with it, she could be AP stomped very easily. So, if she gets cocky like she did with Brain, she'll die quickly.

However, I believe Shalltear will go to her death/mind hax after that.

So, Shalltear with low-mid dif, possibly?

You die and then you regenerate, fiction often treats death as your body getting ripped apart

Katakuri regen relies on his DF powers that comes from 'elemental' intangibility. So Shaltear doesn't need to overcome that regen. She needs to touch Katakuri's real body and In-character Katakuri doesn't let that to any enemy.

Also Death Manip ignores High Regen. But in this case Shaltear needs to actually touch Katakuri.

Given the fact that Katakuri is a better Haki user than Luffy and has the AP and Range advantage I give this to him.

She hasn't really shown much use of that instant-death, like, at all. Chances are she won't lead with it.

How do you see mindhax by looking at your opponents eyes?He looks Luffy dead in the eyes multiple times and he's not the only one

... You've got the wrong idea on how his precog works. Katakuri can look into the future and spam it, he can look at Luffy in the eyes and not get mind haxxed because that's not something Luffy could do. Katakuri would see the whole thing happen seconds before hand and avoid making eye contact and play the ranged game which he'll dominate in.

What Rin's saying (I think) it's that Katakuri will know beforehand about the mindhax once he see it and feels something's wrong.

It's down in techniques. He can do it, but only a few seconds in the future. Chances are Shalltear will just fight the long game, as she's an incredibly resilient fighter for a reason. All he needs to do is slip up once.

Shalltear high-diff is my vote.

Precog is literally a basic aspect of Kenbunshoku Haki.

<Literally

Not everyone knows One Piece

It does make the battle closer, but I think Shalltear still has the advantage with her clone and whatnot.

Shalltear high diff

While Katakuri has superior AP and precog, Shalltear can last longer, She can regenerate her HP and she can use as much MP as she wants since none of Katakuri's attacks require MP to block. Just like Luffy's case where Luffy won because he was able to outlast Katakuri (and a lot of luck) despite Katakuri being superior. I mean she is an undead so she won't go down for good when Katakuri lands a lot of punches. If we are talking about weapons, then Shalltear has a World Item which means reality warping which is way above Katakuri's league.

Shalltear also has Time accelerator which stops time for Katakuri and makes her move faster. So she can easily regenerate and damage Katakuri by landing hits with her lance and absorbing HP from Katakuri.

Schnee One said:
Shalltear's almost everything gets either transmuted or regenerated from, but he has no counter to Shalltear looking at his eyes and mindhaxing him. But that's literally her only way of winning
Bitting Katakuri = win

Just saying.

Also Time manipulation is a thing.

People tend to forget that Shalltear is a vampire and her bite turns others into her slaves (either minor vampires or full vampires).

Katakuri can be enslaved afaik.

Yea, and in a long, extended battle, she'll get a stare or bite off at least once. She has time manipulation, so this won't be too hard in closer range anyways.

Touching Katakuri is nearly impossible, tbf. He uses his FS to reshape his body in order to avoid any attack.

Right, but she can time manip. You can't reshape your body when time is stopped. She could time accelerate and position herself staring directly into his eyes.

How? Katakuri's always watching the future. Even if she accelerates it I don't know how that'd help her if he just see what she's about to do.

Because he can't react to it if time is slowed

Yeah switching to Shalltear again, she acceleratates time and looks at his eyes

That said this likely can't be added since a slower character is winning against a faster character in a speed equal match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back