• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Katakuri vs Doflamingo (Grace Period)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically, the argument in the comment section boils down to "Lol, G4 Luffy wrecked Doflamingo, but not Katakuri, so Katakuri wins!" (that, or the 'rule' that each proceeding opponent is superior to the last). Let's just discuss how that's complete bullshit :).

Katakuri was also dominated by Bound Man. In the manga, the moment Luffy went Gear 4th, the initial confrontation between both Katakuri and Luffy was much like how Doflamingo was being sent flying by Gear 4th attacks. Both suffered damage and were overwhelmed, but Katakuri and Doflamingo utilized their respective trump cards to mitigate the effects of Gear 4th. Katakuri with his Observation Haki + ability to control his body's shape in order to evade all of Luffy's punches, and Doflamingo using his Awakening to grant himself a massive shield.

You can't say Katakuri "dominated" Gear 4th when All he managed to accomplish was a stalemate against Bound Man using his Awakening (Muso Donuts) until Luffy retreated. The same for Doflamingo, he held Bound Man off until just before his time limit went off--less successful than Katakuri, but Doflamingo just recovered from a fatal injury minutes before Gear 4th was initiated. In the case of Katakuri, you can argue he had an "edge" over Luffy with his Awakened powers, whereas Doflamingo was disadvantaged, as he was on the losing side before Luffy reverted, but take a moment to remember the difference between Doflamingo vs Luffy Pre-Gamma Knife (Ch. 745, 760, and 780) vs Post-Gamma Knife (Ch. 782, 783).

Pre-Gamma Knife, Doflamingo VERY EASILY dispatched Base Luffy with virtually no resistance, one-shoting him in their first and second confrontations. in chapter 780, Luffy was bloodlusted after the whole Bellamy incident, and ramped up his intensity. Doflamingo was still pressing him incredibly hard with minimal effort, evading all his attacks, and forcing Luffy to lose ground (just from one page... it was interrupted by Law's "death"). Post Gamma-Knife, Luffy suddenly had the strength to momentarily overwhelm Doflamingo for the FIRST time in the entire fight. This went into Chapter 783, which Doflamingo only displaying a moderate edge in capability over Luffy, but he wasn't in full control of the fight like he was previously. This clearly shows that Doflamingo was taken down several notches due to Law's intervention

Does this excuse Doflamingo's lack of ability against Gear 4th at the time? Yes! Does this suggest Doflamingo would be comparable or equal to Gear 4th Luffy in power? No. Doflamingo would have run into the same issues against Gear 4th Luffy, but he would have been in a position to evade or at least defend against Luffy's attacks more efficiently, and perhaps find an opportunity to counter attack. He would have certainly held on until after Luffy's timer ran out, and then cut him down.

I can't argue for Snake-Man because the gap in attack power between that and Bound-Man are questionable, but Snake-Man IS speed based, and less about power. Bound-Man would be redundant if it were equal in power to Snake-Man, which is faster.

katakuri was only overwhelmed because he couldn't use observation haki at the time. it became an eve- not even gonna say even because he was overwhelming g4 luffy physically with block mochi after he retained his observation haki. doffy had all his cards to play and still couldn't hurt/ compete with g4. a king kong gun had doffy wheezing meanwhile katakuri took little damage. also the fact that katakuri was competing with snakemans speed. after he found out how it worked.

it was also said by doffy that luffy was at 50% or less.

@Yoh -? none of what you said can be argued for.

Snake-man isn't a factor that can be argued as Doflamingo never went against it.

Doflamingo was in a crippled state against Gear 4th Luffy whereas Katakuri only took one kick to the jaw by the time it happened, and both were still harmed quite badly.

Doflamingo popped Awakening w/out Haki and matched Luffy for over 20 minutes. Katakuri was still in good condition and had a SLIGHT edge over Bound Man w/ his AWAKENING and Haki.

agreed, doffy never fought snakeman but there's evidence as to why he would never be able to keep up with snake man/ katakuri's speed. dolflamingo's observation wouldn't allow him to be able to react to the speed in time considering the fact he had hard time reacting to boundman from 100 meters away, and was only matching g2 luffy/base luffy in terms of speed where he himself even went out to compliment it. katakuri matched all g4 forms besides tank man. as he's never faced it but we know katakuri could easily counter that form.

doffy was heavily injured but the same goes for luffy. doffy through out the most part was beating the shit out of base/g2 luffy. he even noted that luffy was at 50% but then got overwhelmed when facing g4 whilst all his cards were in play. he spent the 20mins defending and stalling luffy because he knew g4 ran on a time limit. it was shown countless times that his attacks did not work on boundman.

katakuri has the power to harm boundman making him cough blood with minor physical attaks and overwhelmed him after he got his future sight back.

I see this fight being mid diff in favour of katakuri. when doffy gets out of jail he'll get that crocodile power up.

i'll rather doffy vs cracker. 2 of my favs :^D

Kuri future seeing haki gives him a huge advantage here sure doffy repaired himself with his strings from a severe injury that's helps but with kuri future haki would be able to inflict several severe injuries to doffy but doffys stamina is greater than doffy sooooo....I don't know lol observation haki(katakuri) vs doffy stamina

I'd say dogtooth high diff if fight is prolonged but mid diff if katakuri can cause serious damage from the beginning of the fight

This is up for grabs

Yoh Asakura8 said:
I see this fight being mid diff in favour of katakuri. when doffy gets out of jail he'll get that crocodile power up.

i'll rather doffy vs cracker. 2 of my favs :^D
Doffy already won that fight; its been debated already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back