• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Katakuri vs Blaziken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katakuri holds speed, AP, experience, versatility and stamina advantage. Tyranitar can't bypass his precog + intangibility and he also can probably control Tyranitar via Haoshoku Haki.

Besides Metagross, Lucario's one of the few PKMN that don't outright stomp Luffy that can stop his rampage against the Megas.

Notice how they're both steel type. Clearly this means that Mega Aggron is going to be the next Yonko they encounter in OP.

I was just being dumb and doing a causation correlation thing. Mega Aggron is pure steel type so I was joking that because of that he's going to be Luffy's next biggest threat.

But now that I explained the joke it's no longer funny ;-;

The Calaca said:
I don't get it either, sorry. Why is pure steel Luffy's biggest threat exactly?
The joke was that becaus Metagross and Lucario share the steel type and they can stop Luffy, it's because of the steel typing that it makes them a threat against Luffy.

I guess? Metagross won because of mindhax actually. That's why Luffy couldn't beat Sabrina.

No, I know that steel wasn't the reason Metagross and Lucario hold their own. That's the joke. Because obviously Luffy can get around something as simple as metal. It's me being dumb

I thought Tyranitar had access to Surf, Dragon Dance, Blizzard, etc.

Anyway... Let's make it Mega Medicham vs Katakuri.

Omg. Medicham doesnt have a profile? What?

Let it be Blaziken.

Interesting.

I'll say right now that Blaziken's speed boost is somewhat similar to Snakeman's trick so Katakuri has proven himself able to keep up with characters faster than him thanks to his precognition.

Note, however, that Blaziken can use Bulk UP to lessen the AP difference.

Yes, but at the same time Katakuri can use his Haki to keep the difference, and his Haki's superior to Luffy's. Plus the awakening and the mochi stacking also increasis his stats considerably.

I'm algo giving this to Katakuri. He's as always around 3x stronger and can maintain such difference. Plus he has Danmaku, Precognition and can shapeshift his body to prevent getting attacked when using his Haki.

I thought the Haki was already taken into account in his High 7-A rating?

Mochi: 2

Chicken: 0

No, that's only for Gear 4th because it's always in Haki. Since Haki's amps have no official multiplier or stated percentage, we don't take it into account for the profiles.

Tbh I'm unsure how Katakuri will handle Speed Boost though, as if Katakuri doesn't end it quickly, Blaziken will eventually reach a blitzingly massive difference in speed.

Considering that Speed Boost doesn't even turn Blaziken SoL, I doubt it. He'll get a speed advantage, but even if we go by game mechanics he'd be slightly below 4x faster than Katakuri and that's not blitz worthy.

I mean to be fair not even Deoxys speed forme is FTL when Golem, a slow-ass Pokemon, is the one with the rel+ feat lol.

Pokémon's scaling is shaky and confusing. I think there's still lots of things to do, but I'm disconnected from the franchise right now so I can't argue much about it.

Still, Katakuri dealt with Snakeman Luffy for a good period of time despite the constant speed boost he used in his attacks so he can take Blaziken. He's not only stronger but tougher considering the punishment he can take without falling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back