• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
That's it. The first power I ever had.

Steven look at the photo of his mother hanging over his wall. Hanging over him. Mother, liar. Hero, traitor. Savior, murderer. Quartz, Diamond. You never wanted to hurt anyone but you hurt everyone. It was a hollow, empty feeling. Not knowing how to feel about someone. He'd been told all his life how great his mother was... now... he's not sure who she was. If he didn't know what she was, what did that make him?

The power to change.

Sasha twisted and grinning, only moments earlier begging to be saved. Aldien raving and mad. Kessler tired, buried under an infinite burden. Is this what my powers will do to me? It bothered Cole more than he cared to admit. In his weakest moments, Trish's last words rang in his head. He never noticed his electricity turn back to a familiar blue hue when they did.

I can make a promise.

"I just don't know what I'm supposed to do." Steven said.

"Maybe, you could just be my son?" Greg said.

"Listen, man. I've been treating you like crap lately." Cole confessed.

"Hey, man. I don't call you brother because I like the way it sounds." Zeke responded

I can make a stand.

"I'm me." Steven said at the heart of the galaxy. He rejoined. Refused. Returned to being who he'd always been. Somehow, it felt like the first time he truly existed. "I always have been."

"I was meant to protect the world from this change. Now I stand at its center." Cole restructured himself. He came back together atom by atom, out back with renewed purpose. He refirmed with the past behind him. He opened his eyes for what felt like the first time. "I have become the Beast."

I can make an effort, if I only understand

The two were opposites in almost every way. They faced similar hardships with similar support and took two opposite paths. In a perfect world, there were a lot of things Steven could've said to Cole when the met at Beach City. He could've comforted him for his loss. He could've offered him a compromise. He could've sworn to save the world, to prevent Cole from having to continue on his path. He could've even succeeded.

In reality, he said nothing at all. Cole never gave him the chance.

A single blast, and Beach City was reduced to a crater. A single flash, and gems became dust. A single move, and it was over. Pink Steven looked down at his counterpart with glassy eyes.

I can make a change.

Pink Steven, the empty, remaining half of a broken whole, looked up at where The Beast had been. Cole had long sense left, not sparing a second thought towards the destruction of an entire city. Pink Steven marched mindlessly behind him, following his trail of destruction. It was only by the time Cole reached New York that the former hybrid caught up with him again.

~

Speed Equalized.

Vgazvh4hngy31
vs.
Cole Infamous Legacy of the Beast

To be perfectly honest, both characters have only one real win condition, and both have the skillset to avoid it.

Pink Steven would have to injure Cole enough to bubble and BFR him, while Cole needs to hit him with a black hole. Neither move is a starting move, but neither is entirely out of character either.

Steven resists Gravity well enough to avoid the black holes, while Cole's teleportation and range spam makes him slippery enough to avoid getting pasted. It's really a question of who hits first.

The only thing I'm positive on is that this fight would start with an RSB, which Steven completely tanks, possibly throwing up a shield for safe measure, although that's entirely superfluous. Que Cole switching to teleportation and black hole spam sense his go to did nothing. From then on, I'm not sure. Both forms were only really in screen for a total of a few minutes, so how they'd entirely react to each other is difficult to determine.

It depends on what happens first. Does Steven realize he can't kill Cole and resort to bubbling? Or does Cole hit him with a black hole?

How quickly does Pink Steven bubble in character? Because Evil Cole is likely to use black holes right after he sees someone tank his best move. He doesn't like to drag things out and prefers to overwhelm his opponents as quickly as possible.

Unknown. The one fight he was in on screen got interrupted before Steven could anything more than deflect a bunch of attacks and knock his enemies off their feet.

However, regular Steven fights characters whom he can only permanently beat via Social Influencing or reducing to small pieces and bubbling. With how different Pink Steven is from his regular self, the latter is far more in character.

Well even if Steven reduces Cole to small pieces, what stops him from teleporting? The Beast has shown that he can even teleport his atoms after they're destroyed as shown by the beginning of inFamous 2 where he tp'd them from the wharf to the middle of the neon district.

Well then teleport + black hole gg

Once Cole sees Steven shrug off his best attack and clubber him in close range, Cole gonna do the thing he usually does and gain some distance via flight and/or teleport. He'll try range spamming a bit to to test the waters and figure out a weakness or just to create distance. Once he sees that he can't damage Steven or get past his shield, he's gonna use his next best bet and use his other dura-negging move to try an snag a victory.

Wasnt it just said that Cole could just teleport out of being bubbled and BFRed? Also Steven's BFR is literally a few meters away going by the OP

I mean nothing has really changed seeing as even with the starting location being different Steven cant do anything to cole, cant even incap

From what im seeing on the Infamous wiki the Beast is able to teleport to different cities instantly. Also Relativistic+ speed would kinda help him cross the gap from maryland to nyc pretty quickly

The inFAMOUS wiki is wrong. If that were true, it wouldn't have taken The Beast a couple weeks to get from Empire City to New Marias. It literally wouldn've been "teleport to nearest city, RSB, and then repeat". He'd have shown up in a day.

Back