• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kamijou's reaction

"The eight shot overcame the restrictions of the third dimension

Kamijou felt a static electricity-like on his spine and immeadiately swung his head to the side as hard as he could. An instant later, space suddenly split open and an arrow assaulted the world"

What about Kamijou's reaction speed ? He's actually managed to react to a shot overcoming the 3D restrictions

Kamijou should also be Relativistic. He already dodged beams Of light

"You can only do the same things as the Level 5s!!! You aren't a Level 5 yourself!

Compared to those monsters that can do almost things on their own, you're nothing!!"

The "knitting needles" spread out and contracted once more. Kamijou evades a beam of light and sent a fist flying back in response"

Also, Fiamma doesn't have any diff with a beam of light

"Fiamma of the Right ignored the approaching red beam of light and swung his third arm
horizontally. The sword of light blew away the red beam in one strike and continued to
slice through the air toward Kamijou"

"It looked something like a laser beam about a meter across. The light was so pure a
white it looked like it had been melted by the sun. The instant it shot out at him,
Kamijou thrust his battered right hand out in front of his face.
The sound of the impact was like a piece of meat being pressed against a hot metal sheet."

It should be enough for an upgrade in speed, i think

I've always seen his precog towards the supernatural being relativistic or SoL. At least Sub-rev via Coronzon, but this shouldn't tie in to his normal kinetic vision but instinctive body reactions. I'm not against upgrading it via supernatural reading but I'd need more opinions. Othinus's cross-bow's were literally described as having the acceleration of a railgun that stretched from one end to the universe to the other so at a high it'd be FTL reactions.via precog.

Also, I think that Coronzon at full power (before leaving the Abyss) should be Immeasurable in speed. It has been said to be superior to Aiwass which itself has been said to surpass a Magic God in the same way as the Secret Chiefs which are far superior to the Magic Gods. Plus, Non-nerfed Aleister who is more powerful than the Magic Gods Full Power and has entered the Hidden World is comparable to Aiwass

"However, Anna Sprengel was not actually a Secret Chief.

"She was something like a priestess capable of contacting them at will."

"Comparing Aiwass with Othinus might help clarify the difference between Secret Chiefs and Magic Gods.

"There's no point in going to the trouble of becoming a Secret Chief when you can set up a position for yourself that lets you draw on their power. Those transcendent beings are like credit cards."

Overcame the restrictions of the 3rd dimension seems immeasurable, or a teleportation-like speed, not ftl.

He felt his skin react on his back from space opening then jerked his head to the side, it's not like he read it while it was still hidden in dimensional space. It's still FTL at a low ball for sure but I wouldn't dare say it's immeasurable.

You should politely ask LazyHunter and DontTalkDT to comment here. Just make sure to explain what you want in the titles of their message wall notes.

Malox1696 said:
It's simply precog, if he dodges before the attacks start speed is irrelevant
It's not really precog like that, because the attack started, and he clearly had to dodge as it was exiting the dimension. He can't read the future, his body just instinctively reacts and I highly doubt that's up to irrelevant/infinite/immeasurable. It's still higher than it should be right now and there should definitely be a stat for his instinctive precog.

don't forget that he was able to dogde that attack due to his large amount battle expierence againts Othinus so it's unknow whether or not he could do the same again without battle experience.

JBennett said:
don't forget that he was able to dogde that attack due to his large amount battle expierence againts Othinus so it's unknow whether or not he could do the same again without battle experience.
Iirc he had no idea about the Crossbow part so it was just blind faith on his part and trusting his instincts and experiences up until that point.

He probably didn't know of the Crossbow but even se he was still using his experience he obtained during the battle, its the reason that Othinus was able to outsmart him in the end because it was an action that he hasn't used to despite it havenng the same properties as the other arrows..

but what is ur point ?

he already dodges LS attacks or teleporting attacks with precog

it's not speed just prediction , even i can be faster than light, make a 2 light year filed and put me 1 meter from the finish line, i bet i can reach it before light, does this make me faster than light ?

Honestly, I wonder if it even makes sense to assign a speed to the precog. Given how precog works does speed in itself even matter? (I mean, aside from bs speed like immeasurable but he is clearly not on that level)

DontTalkDT said:
Honestly, I wonder if it even makes sense to assign a speed to the precog. Given how precog works does speed in itself even matter? (I mean, aside from bs speed like immeasurable but he is clearly not on that level)
I'm kind of on the same opinion. Especially with Speed equalized he's just gonna be avoiding anything supernatural anyways but I guess it'd be good to have if everyone thinks so? It's basically like UI for Touma so I'm not sure if we can assign a true speed to it aside from that Othinus feat.

I also think it doesn't make much sense to give reaction speed for what's explicitly pseudo precognition in which he moves before the attack even happens.

Yeah, sometimes the novel's narration is a bit wonky and might give the impression those are reactions (even worse in manga/anime adaptations), not to mention the inconsistent super speeds, but when Touma's reaction speed or precog-like ability comes up the novel usually states he cannot move at supersonic speeds and cannot do much against things like bullets/Saints.

Back