• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Revision: Mighty Novel X

Jamesthetaker

He/Him
A thread about Mighty Novel X.

Translation source: The DigiLab.

Mighty Novel X​

The title of the game created by Kuroto Dan. In this game, Emu Hojo is the protagonist and the story revolve around his life:
To you, the player.
First, let me sincerely show my gratitude to you for picking up Mighty Novel X.

Since you’re the kind of person who already knows games well enough, I imagine your playstyle won’t involve reading the manual, but for convenience’s sake, let’s start with a tutorial.
Mighty Novel X is what you would call a novel game — the kind of game the industry would normally classify as a “visual novel”. It’s a sort of game where you can experience the story as if you were reading a novel.
Of course, there are already many games of this genre out in the market, but I would be appalled if you considered this game to be like them. You should consider this to be a game of a sort that has never existed before.
The protagonist of Mighty Novel X is none other than you.
The Game Area is the very same town where you are now.
In order to advance Mighty Novel X‘s story, you must visit the designated “Novel Spots” around the city.
When you, the player, set foot in a Novel Spot, a cutscene will begin, and you will be brought into a special Mighty Novel X Game Area. You will go through Mighty Novel X‘s story alongside the game’s characters.
Within the world of Mighty Novel X, you are essentially a bystander, but at the same time, you will be the one who controls your own destiny.
That is because each cutscene will have points where you must make a decision, and if you choose correctly, the story will proceed towards a dramatic ending.

-[Dear] you
The pediatrician was the protagonist of Mighty Novel X. Since I was a player, I could only communicate with the protagonist, or, in other words, the pediatrician. I could not interfere with any other character. That was one of Mighty Novel X‘s inherent game rules.
“Did you really think Mighty Novel X‘s story would end here?”
“And what do you mean by that?”
“So far, you’ve managed to get through the part of the story with Emu Houjou’s past. But his tale will still be spun from the present to the future…Yes, this game will only end in the future. Emu Houjou will be the one to decide when it ends. That is to say, you.”
All three of us were silent with shock.
There was no definite ending to Mighty Novel X. In other words, Mighty Novel X‘s story was equivalent to Emu Houjou’s own life.
So it would only reach its ending…when Emu’s own life did.

-The [Innocence] That Was Shattered

This is important because how the game work are related to Mighty Novel Gamer ability in general.

Game Start​

Mighty Novel X is visual novel which mean all kind of violence attack aren't allowed:
I brought out Ex-Aid’s special weapon, the Gashacon Breaker, set it to Hammer Mode, and slammed it against the black Bugster virus.
The ultra-high pressure shockwave dissolved the Bugster virus in an instant!
…or so it should have, but…
…somehow, the “MISS” effect appeared.
Instead of hitting the enemy, the powerful slam recoiled back into my right hand holding the Gashacon Breaker.
What? Why? It shouldn’t have missed.
I threw down another full hit, and I saw the hammer hit the Bugster virus directly on the head.
But I was greeted with yet another “MISS” effect.
The black Bugster virus seemed undeterred, In fact, it went ahead and started laying punches on me, one after another, in a steady beat. I’d been so focused on attacking it that I’d forgotten to put up a defense, and I was blown backwards by the impact.
The Rider Gauge, which displayed how much remaining strength a user had, depleted by half in only an instant, and I was forced to release my transformation.
I reverted to the form of a doctor in a white coat.
Ex-Aid was far too strong to be beaten by this weak of a Bugster virus.
…Wait.
Something like this has happened to me before.
Right, back when I’d fought the dating sim game Bugster, Lovelica from
Tokimeki Crisis, hitting him harder didn’t get me any closer to beating the game.
Since the game was part of the dating sim genre, sheer power couldn’t lay a single bit of damage on Lovelica, no matter how high my level or stats were.
In other words, this black Bugster virus was also…
“So that’s it. Mighty Novel X isn’t a game where you fight with sheer power.”

-The [Novel] From Beyond

Similar to how a visual novel, the game uses cutscene to replay a specific event:
I pulled out my Gamer Driver and placed it on my waist.
As it turned out, my guess was correct.
Mighty Novel X! Cutscene Start!
A system voice sounded out from nowhere, announcing the start of the event cutscene.
Why had Kuroto sent me this game, and what kind of story was he trying to show me?
Would this story lead me to a destiny of light, or darkness?
Either way, I was ready.
Whatever kind of story it was, I would see it through to the end.
Our surroundings distorted and pixelated into a mosaic.
We were brought into the Mighty Novel X Game Area.
I opened the door to see my longtime bedroom, around ten square meters big.
A bedding set with a simple mattress and duvet on a single bed frame. A fifteen-inch TV. A small window where the sun would shine through and hit the eyes in the afternoon.
And there, at the study desk that I could only barely remember sitting at — a boy was sitting there.
The boy was completely absorbed in writing something on paper, and hadn’t realized we were there.
I approached the boy and looked at what he was writing.
My faded memory slowly came back to me, fitting into place like the answer to a puzzle game.
The words were written in handwriting so messy it looked like ancient hieroglyphs.
Thinking about it this way, I felt emotionally touched. This fan letter, with all of its crudely drawn characters and pictures, was like a prophecy predicting my own future…
The younger Emu in front of me would probably never believe it if I told him.

-The [Ending] That Never Ends

As shown above, Mighty Novel X is equivalent to Emu's life so the game would only stop if Emu died. The final destination of Mighty Novel X was Emu death so that Kuroto Dan could be revived again:
“Now, Mighty Novel X has reached its final chapter…I shall guide you towards the story where all destiny originates.”
The real reason he’d left behind Mighty Novel X — was that it was all a plan to restore Genm from his own backup.
“I’m close to being completed. Emu Houjou. Once you disappear, I will be the second Kuroto Dan. I will be completely revived as Kuroto Dan II.”

-The [Innocence] That Was Shattered
Despite this, Emu tranforms into Mighty Novel Gamer and obtain the ability to control his own story:
I inserted Mighty Novel X into my Gamer Driver.
It was just as Genm had said. The Gashat did nothing. But I focused my mind.
Mighty Novel X is my story. My life. My very own existence.
So I’ll spin my own tale. I’ll open a path through my own life. I’ll evolve my own existence.
“I’ll be the one to change my own destiny!”
My eyes glowed red again.
Within my body, Parad’s Bugster virus bound itself to my genes, and data flowed into Mighty Novel X through the Gamer Driver.
Mighty Novel X glowed with a pure white light.
“…Transform.”
I calmly pulled the lever.
Mighty Novel, as I say! Mighty Novel, my story, X!
I transformed into a warrior with black lines all over my body in pure white — Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Novel Gamer Level X.
Novel Gamer’s abilities were a blank slate, but there was good reason for that.
From now on, I’ll be the one to spin my own tale.
My destiny. My future. I’m the one with the power to decide.

“Novel Gamer has the ability to determine the future.”
“Determine the future…?”
“My words become reality. They become my destiny.”
“It can’t be…The power to…predict the future…”
“The game will end now. Stay there.”
Just as I’d ordered, Genm was trapped on the spot. No matter how much he struggled, he couldn’t move an inch.
Because that was the story I’d decided on.
“…Body…mooooooooove!”
I inserted Mighty Novel X into the Finisher Slot Holder and pressed the startup switch.
Finisher! Novel Critical Destiny!
I jumped high into the sky, and my right foot headed right towards Genm.
“This finisher will end it here!”
My Rider Kick of destiny burst on Genm’s chest.
His black and purple powerful body exploded.
Genm was forced out of his transformation and went back to being Kuroto II. His body was distorting in pixels and starting to dissolve.
I released my own transformation, and Genius Gamer M became a doctor again.
“…Truly a genius gamer. You were one step ahead of me, I see.”
“This is the end of Mighty Novel X. But my story…my life isn’t over yet.”
Kuroto II stared back at me. Judging by his eyes, he’d accepted all of this destiny.

-The [Ending] That Never Ends
Simply said, Emu as Mighty Novel Gamer has the ability to predict future and control reality thus allows him to deny the established ending of his own life.

TLDR​

Based on the evidence, Mighty Novel X will received the following abilities:

Invulnerability and Law Manipulation: Mighty Novel X has the rule of preventing any kind of violence attacks

Time Manipulation: Mighty Novel X can replay a specific event in Emu's memory.

Immortality (Type 5) Acausality (Type 2): Mighty Novel X allow Emu to deny the established ending of his own life even when the game has finished.

Paralysis Inducement: Can freeze God Genm in place with a speech.

Precognition: Genm stated that Mighty Novel X can predict the future.

A minor change for Mighty Novel Gamer picture because Toei has give official render of it we should replace the current one.

Last edited:
years later and we still found more evidence to buff the riders to godly level, from a same old source

And yes, I agreed with the revision.

Pretty sure the resisting his fate is just Acausality type 2.

Everything else is fine.

Yeah his death was prewritten. The fact that it didn't happen means that he has acausality.

personally i would have it like Paralysis Inducement via plot hax since he uses plot hax in order to use the ability but other than that i agree, looks good

Genm had already programmed the ending for Mighty Novel X, and to get to that he took the Muteki for the Emu to get to that ending, wouldn't that in itself give Plot Hax resistance to the Muteki? since the Genm had to ensure that the Emu didn't have the Gashat in hand to reach the ending that he had already established himself?

Or am I thinking bullshit?

Genm had already programmed the ending for Mighty Novel X, and to get to that he took the Muteki for the Emu to get to that ending, wouldn't that in itself give Plot Hax resistance to the Muteki? since the Genm had to ensure that the Emu didn't have the Gashat in hand to reach the ending that he had already established himself?

Or am I thinking bullshit?
That’s would fall under Muteki’s Acasuallity

Just wondering, but should we replace invulnerability with Law Manipulation? See, like what the novel said, Mighty Novel X is not a game where you can fight with brute strength. It’s literally the rules of the game itself for no damage to happen.

It seems like the Might Novel X Gashat works on a way that is is similar to a ontological paradox, which basically consists that certain objects/events aren't born on spacetime, but instead they are constants. In other words, the fate of this gashat would always the same and cannot be changed.

It seems like the Might Novel X Gashat works on a way that is is similar to a ontological paradox, which basically consists that certain objects/events aren't born on spacetime, but instead they are constants. In other words, the fate of this gashat would always the same and cannot be changed.
Basically this. Yeah the fate of Emu was prewritten by the gashat because it's his own life.

Just wondering, but should we replace invulnerability with Law Manipulation? See, like what the novel said, Mighty Novel X is not a game where you can fight with brute strength. It’s literally the rules of the game itself for no damage to happen.
Yes it's the rule of the game but Law Manipulation is manipulating the fundamental rule of reality which already covered by Mighty Novel X's Reality Warping and Plot Manipulation.

Looks good but i have several question

1.Didnt the Invulnerability looks more to Power Null?since it was prevent any violence action to happened

2.Can someone explain the Acausality type 2 again?cuz tbh i still does'nt understand how does it works and why it was qualified for Type 2

1.Didnt the Invulnerability looks more to Power Null?since it was prevent any violence action to happened

2.Can someone explain the Acausality type 2 again?cuz tbh i still does'nt understand how does it works and why it was qualified for Type 2
Now I think about it, Law Manipulation might cover Invulnerability since it's the rule that prevent violence attack not Power Null.

For the second one, I would need to call @Sir_Ovens to explain it.

I don't think Reality Warping should be used to cover something better defined like Law Manip
Should I change it to Invulnerability and Law Manipulation (Mighty Novel X has the rule of preventing any kind of violence attacks)

@Sir_Ovens respond to the second question:

"The game had a set ending. The fact that Emu doesn't abide by it means he is acasual. He is unaffected by future events set in stone."

Back