• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
isn't this basically the climax of spiderman: homecoming

jk

Honestly this is a pretty interesting matchup. Considering Tanjirou's enchanced senses and precognition, he would be able to navigate through at least most of Mysterio's illusions and abilities. However, the ex-Stark Industries engineer has a ridiculous amount of danmaku via the ludicrous amount of drones, filled with the nessecary firepower to push the demon slayer off temporarily. The battle could honestly go either way in my opinion, (INCONCLUSIVE)

I don't think most users understand that 1 day of prep might as well be no prep for Mysterio. Alongside that, EDITH being used isn't specified, so there's a big problem there. Either give him EDITH or a month of prep.

Can someone explain to me how Kamado bypasses Mysterio's invisibility to hit him?

I feel like I need context for that...

Anyways, yeah inconclusive it seems.

Also, @John, Add "Mysterio has access to his optional equipment" in the OP itself, since SBA restricts characters to their Standard Equipment

tanjirou has the ability to smell scents nobody else can smell. its a weird ability, but it allows him to do stuff like - find the correct moment to strike - perception of other's feelings - can track down and find other people with ease (which probably works against invisibility) etc

its like a peter-tingle but an anime swordsman got it instead

Imo this is basically Peter vs Mysterio at the end of homecoming. Tanjirou can just use his sense of smell to get past the illusions and cut down Mysterio.

Lol I double checked the page and it's even closer to Spiderman vs Mysterio than I thought.

" Precognition (Can smell what is the intent of an attack, even if made by mindless entities such as a robot)"

Not to mention that this key also can use the Breath of Thunder, which is a speed amp that lets you blitz your opponent. Tanjirou won't start with it, but if Mysterio puts him in a situation where he needs to, he'll definitely use it.

I'm voting Tanjirou for my reasoning.

Back