• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tanjirou Kamado vs The Marauder (DOOM)

I don't speak joulish, but from some converting site it seems like his AP in tons of TNT is 0,09416826003824091 tons, Tanjiro scales quite well above 0.08 tons.

can you give me some of their feats in this keys ?

i want to vote Tanjirou for Intelligence, the smell powers, and dance of the fire god, but i think the ap is a little too high
it would be better to use the third key but Tanjirou wuold stomp

the smell powers, and dance of the fire god, but i think the ap is a little too high
like bruh.

You didn’t even hear the counter argument yet.

Like the fact that the Marauder can summon two mid tier demons at the beginning of the fight. Which scale directly to the 0.09 ton feat (Carcass and Arachnotron) or even just flat out spawn a Baron of Hell. Who scales way above that feat.Not to mention the little wolf that would be biting him.

The Marauder’s “no **** you” to normal attacks with his 8-A shield and amps as well.

i wanted to find a way for Tanjirou to win but yeah you're right

i change my vote for Marauder: amps, summons , shields and the ap gap is enough for him to take down Tanjirou

Well, Tanjiro does have speed and strength amps. From what I remember Dance of the Sun God is really high into Tanjiro's scaling. But I don't remember much.

Pretty skilled in swordsmanship, considering he could make it through the Demon Slayer test in a year (If I remember correctly, my knowledge the manga is rusty) and gained skill on the level of Pillars in fast rate. Also fighting against opponents stronger physically is a normal Demon Slayer thing, so add this. That's more of a Genius thing, but it's still there. He also has insane sense of smell to help him. He can smell emotions, hidden attacks, more hidden attacks et cetera.

hmm.

He could probably destroy some demons,but as I’m not too familiar with what the Demon Slayer Test entails skill wise.

Stronger demons sure,but ones more agile/faster as well as stronger.

Senses would help dodge the attacks of the lower demons spawned. However the Marauders wolf would be harder to detected since its ethereal. So it will leave him open for a strong attack from the Marauder.

Tanjirou can see, and interact with souls, so no, it won’t.
See yes, he did see the spirit of this guy who was Giyu's friend, but interact?

Still gotta deal with the summons + guy with a laser axe charging at him in aggressive speeds while amped.

It's not out of realm of possibility for Tanjiro to amp himself too, his amps are pretty sick, he could damage Rui with Dance of the Sun God that earlier wouldn't budge when attacked with normal Breaths (and that's already much above Tanjiro's base AP).

Fair points but the Mowoder would still have his shield being able to block the amped attacks and distance himself away to start sniping him with his axe/shotgun blasts.

Hmm...

Tanjiro would have to attack when the Marauder attacks,which would be a pain in the bum considering the Marauder has nigh instant reaction speed with his shield otherwise.

If they clashed weapons the Marauder would have an advantage due to being physically superior even without amps.The Dance of the Fire god would sting but his type 2 and resistance to Fire would help him take blows Tanjirou wouldn’t be able to.

Tanjiro would have to attack when the Marauder attacks,which would be a pain in the bum considering the Marauder has nigh instant reaction speed with his shield otherwise.

If they clashed weapons the Marauder would have an advantage due to being physically superior even without amps.The Dance of the Fire god would sting but his type 2 and resistance to Fire would help him take blows Tanjirou wouldn’t be able to.
I don’t see why Tanjirou wouldn’t be able to dodge them after he smells them coming. He has the opening thread as well, so if all he needs to do is attack when he does, his info analysis and opening thread will tell him that.

Every Kimetsu demon has Type 2, Tanjiro is used to this.
Damn,Marauder still is more agile and with Haste can double both movement and attack speed for 10 seconds. Combine this with onslaught would be a pain in the bum to handle.

Does he immediately buff himself with Dance of the Fire God or does he wait? Those mid tier demons don’t only rely on projectiles,especially with a fat ass Baron comparable to the Marauder pressuring him at every turn with other demons being able to spawn plasma shields to deflect blows (Carcass).

Does he immediately buff himself with Dance of the Fire God or does he wait?

He can use them immediately. They are very exhausting (so he can use them only few times), but usually once a comparable foe is hit with this, they are heavily damaged. It also induces extreme pain.

Marauder more agile? I don't know.

Tanjiro can leap that high. And his small size was always an advantage in fight, always gave him edge in agility. Breaths only boost his agility.
I’d say the Marauder can jump a little higher,since that clip shows him jumping over much more than a small two story building.

Fair about the size part,but it’s not like the Marauder hasn’t dealt with agile opponents either. During the Argent Civil war,they had to fight amongst equal oppositions with roughly similar weaponry and power,so dealing with someone like Tanjirou wouldnt be too shocking skill wise.

He can leap further distance, but it doesn't seem like he can leap higher. Attacks from above > closing distance. Also acrobatics are more effective for someone with small size like Tanjiro, because it makes his really hard to hit. Marauder is massive, that would make him an easier target to hit, not to mention that Breaths are actually sharp shockwaves disguised as elemental attacks, so he can attack on distance.

not to mention that Breaths are actually sharp shockwaves disguised as elemental attacks, so he can attack on distance.
The Marauders shield deployment is nigh instant. It borders instinctive reactions,since you can be 100 meters away and snipe him,with him still blocking your attack.Trying to smack him around distance wise won’t go through.

He also has to do that while someone comparable to himself (Fireborn Baron) is still pressuring him while other demons provide cover (Carcass with his plasma wall).

He can also shoot his shotgun mid/close range too.

I'm not necessarily saying that Tanjiro is going to snipe him with shockwaves. I'm saying that, while attacking, it will be easier to hit him because even if he misses physical contact with Marauder - the shockwave will damage him. That works on close range too, he doesn't need to strike him with well calculated and precise move, as shockwaves are wide and can reach his body easier than his blade.

Ah ok,fair enough then.
disguised as elemental attacks,
Hmm,The Marauder is really hardy against certain elements. He can take 11326 Celsius worth of heat and can instantly unfreeze from the Slayer’s ice bomb. So that may not be as effective against him.

However it would be hard to even find an opening when a Baron,Arachnotron (also 9-A) or Carcass keeps breathing down your neck. Carcasses usually like to spam shields to protect their allies,so he’ll have to take care of the other demons before he can fully get rid of the Marauder.

All while the Marauder is chasing him down of course,with his small slightly more spammable wolf chasing him.

Hmm,The Marauder is really hardy against certain elements. He can take 11326 Celsius worth of heat and can instantly unfreeze from the Slayer’s ice bomb. So that may not be as effective against him.

I said "disguised as elemental attacks", not that they ARE elemental attacks. It's perception manipulation, you just see it as fire, water or whatever, but it's not. It's nothing more than good statistics amping.

However it would be hard to even find an opening when a Baron,Arachnotron (also 9-A) or Carcass keeps breathing down your neck. Carcasses usually like to spam shields to protect their allies,so he’ll have to take care of the other demons before he can fully get rid of the Marauder.

Yes but aren't they kinda fodder? Tanjiro has ranged attacks that could damage them from distance if he's dealing with Marauder ATM, they're stronger than his normal attacks. While he amps he could likely blitz them. It's no quantifiable amp, but it did allow him to outpace opponents like Rui (Far greater in physicals than his base)

Back