• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kai Chisaki vs Yang Xiao Long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jinx666 said:
Heck, can i also ask why this Wiki doesn't say Aura is a forcefield on the character pages and instead that it enhances the persons durability :I, Nor the fact the RWBY characters dont have 'Forcefield Users' as a category, unless y'all would like to add that.
Good point. It should be. I'll be fxing that in the morning. There's more than enough proof in this thread alone to support it being changed.

Pfft, not even going to make a thread about it, cause theres also enough proof to DISPROVE it being changed. Im not the only one who follows the belief of it being to enhance durability. Face it, its a forcefield, but in an armour type of way that enhances the body's durability (As well as enhances their other statistics, so you know it comes from them and it is not just a mere forcefield only raising durability.), not something that makes someone untouchable like wtf.

Also what about the fact Aura users like Lionheart (He's a retired huntsman, dont even dare say he doesnt hae aura), are able to get choked and shit aswell, which would require actual contact

Remember kids. He can't have touched you if you have Aura.

Jinx666 said:
...Yeah...it does, except in a few cases such as Mind attacks, Diseases and whatnot. Even if you're wearing an armour, the fact you can feel something is because something is touching you! Thats what pain is!
No, it just didn't hurt him. But the fact the wasp was able to inject its venom proves Jaune was touched. and Jaune isn't Saitama.

Keep thinking that. Its a hypothetical battle about fictional terms, nothing can prove you're right since it doesn't exist.
You really dont understand do you? There is a difference between being punched unarmored vs being punched while wearing armor. Being punched without armor is you being physically touched, whereas being punched while wearing armor is the armor being punched but you still feeling the force of the blow. The same applies to aura.

Doesnt matter if jaune isnt saitama, the analogy still applies.

Nothing can prove that your insane theories are right either.

And i love how youve gotten so desperate that youre now stooping to calling everyone who is disagreeing with you pathetic. Really shows how much you want peple to take you seriously.

I wonder what's so alien in the idea of a forcefield an armor being similar given that they do the same damn thing, but it must be me.

Also, i'm sincerely curious. Since when abilities aren't given because they are shown only once?

I guess SSG Goku doesn't have regen because he showed it only once. Or even better, Lucemon is haxless because he doesn't use his mountain worth of powers each time he fights.

Kaltias said:
I wonder what's so alien in the idea of a forcefield an armor being similar given that they do the same damn thing, but it must be me.
Armour protects the whole body and enhances it but can still be felt.

Forcefields work outside of the body and act as a a shield.

Theyre both defensive capably, but in different ways.

Aura leans more towards forcefields? when it not only enhances defense, but speed and power too?

@Weekly

Yeah, but you still get touched by the armour dont you, as long as the punch is strong enough, due to the force that the punch gives, as it transfers the kinetic energy. It wouldnt hurt you otherwise! Something actually has to touch you for your pain receptors to act up. Basic level 3 Biology

We have literal Grimm wasps. Theres nothing farfetch'd to say these wasps may have been able to evolve in order to survive in a world with people who cant feel their mere stings. Again, the stingers touched Jaune, it doesnt matter if he was hurt by them

'insane theories', jesus, hold your ego there, you're the ones saying Yang cant be touched. I've proved my points, given you several instances and images on how they get physically touched, so my 'insane' theories, that a lot of others share, might just be to you. (Also the RWBY Wiki says nothing about people being untouchable, and they know their stuff.)

Yeah, or maybe because it is legitimately pathetic how much wank you people are giving to Yang. Someone who can literally disassemble anything he touches cant touch yang because 'lol aura'.

Again
Velv punched
What a insane theory to suggest Velvet is being touched here.

No, you've just made it worse because you can't admit you're wrong XD. Forcefields only increase defense, unlike Aura which increases other things. Aura just creates a forcefield/armour that enhances durability.

That's on you i guess, not even discussing this in a separate thread, learn your own rules before changing something like that is all i have to say

Still, i think we can add this victory for Chisaki so...

Jinx666 said:
Yeah, you get touched by the ARMOR, not the FIST, the energy transfers through the armor and hits you, but the fist itself does not go through the armor to hit you.

Again with a fallacious argument. How about instead of saying that my "ego" is the reason im still bothering to argue with you, you actually look at the facts and see the problems with your argument. You have yet to show one instance of someone being touched through their aura, only images of people being hit while their aura is still up that youre trying to claim is them being attacked through their aura.

>This power makes a barrier around the body, but it clearly isn't a forcefield because it comes with regen and stat amp.

No, it means that it does multiple things.

Is magic in Fate limited to magical blasts now because your stereotypical RPG mage does that?

Um yeah...but AURA ISN'T A PHYSICAL PROPERTY. Its a manifestation of the soul, and therefore it cant be touched. So, it isnt an armour in a sense it can block someone from being touched, only increase durability. Its like Kirishima and his quirk. This RWBY wank is off the charts.

I could say the exact same thing to you. Honestly, its a shame you can't even consider the fact you're possibly 'wrong' about all this, by just changing that. Thats what happens in these sorts of debates and its a shame. Thats whats egotistical.

...You're honestly saying being hit isn't equal to being physically touched in order to do so. Jesus christ, im the insane one, sorry.

To be hit and have felt pain means something would have had to touch you! and Aura isn't being bounced back in order to hurt the wielder, let me tell you that.

So, ima just add the matchups anyway seeing as no one else is gonna do it.

I mean, you just murdered 5 volumes of RWBY lore with that first sentence, but ok.

It's pretty freaking tangible or it wouldn't help at all against any kind of attack. Why a barrier that doesn't block attacks would be useful for a defensive purpose?

@Jinx Okay, i want you to try something. Go up to a wall and put your hand on it. Then put a piece of paper between your hand and the wall and put your hand on the wall again. Your hand is not on the wall, your hand is on the piece of paper, which is on the wall. Now replace this scenario with a Yang. Yang is the wall, her aura is the paper, and you are...well, you. Youre not touching Yang, youre touching her aura, which is touching her.

Aura is the manifestation of the soul. Last time i checked, Soul's aren't physical properties

~~As if RWBY gives detail about lore anyway~~

The fact that it enhances the body defenses instead of being an actual physical barrier perhaps?

@Jinx Theres a LOT of characters who would vehemently disagree with that statement.

And youre really still trying to argue that it just amps physical defenses despite being stated and depicted as a forcefield multiple times throughout the show?

Yeah, they also don't manifest or give superpowers. It's fiction.

It does.

The fact that it's described as a force field continuosly?

WeeklyBattles said:
@Jinx Theres a LOT of characters who would vehemently disagree with that statement.
And youre really still trying to argue that it just amps physical defenses despite being stated and depicted as a forcefield multiple times throughout the show?
Thats what souls are i'm afraid. They're not physical, at least not in the RWBY verse have they been said to be.

"multiple times" "continuosly", Once by Jaune who had just realised it, and was just accepted by Pyrrha as his own little way, and some World of Remnant (Which made it seem like defense buffing aswell anyway, the guy got knocked down). Other than that, outdated information given at the very start of the series, which was flawed and contradictory

I'm not even denying it is a forcefield-like armour, but the fact it makes them untouchable is disproved by the fact that RWBY characters get physically hurt and touched all the time. Yang needs physical damage for her semblance! They can even feel heat, unless im crazy and you dont need receptors to feel that =.=

Dude literally no one is saying that souls in RWBY are tangible, their physical manifestation (Seriously check the WoR video i posted) is.

Again, it's stated to do that from a video made to calrify lore of Volume 4. Not from your random nobody.

As a matter of fact. If it only makes you stronger without actually helping against attacks, explain why Cardin Winchester isn't a pile of sausages by now due to this.

@Jinx Them being able to feel pain and get knocked around doesnt in any way disprove aura being a forcefield

Seriously, try the wall thing i just gave you, it will help you understand.

When did it say they were physical? Last time i checked no one could really 'touch' aura. If it was physical, then chisaki could just disassemble it aswell anyway.

No, they just call it 'a forcefield' though there are different types to it. Its a full-body forcefield that protects but is intangble, which instead enhances durability. Calling it a forcefield makes it seem as if Aura can only sttrengthen defenses, which it cant.

Cardin had his aura activated, which protects him from more point-based attacks like a spear slash, and increasing hsi overall durability.

@Jinx You still havent given a scan of him disassembling a forcefield

Its a full body forcefield as well as the other benefits that aura grants, like enhanced senses. Its not a durability amp

Jinx666 said:
Um yeah...but AURA ISN'T A PHYSICAL PROPERTY. Its a manifestation of the soul, and therefore it cant be touched.
^ You said this. The error is, souls are intangible. Their supernatural manifestation is not.

Dude an intangible forcefield is you hoping that the attack will be deflected by some misterious force and taking a bullet to the head.

That said i'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back