• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kai Chisaki vs Yang Xiao Long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, guys. Literally no one is saying that Aura nullifies Overhaul. We are saying that it prevents direct contact.

Which happens to be the weakness of Overhaul.

If it connects, it works, no one is saying the opposite. It simply won't connect, because one of the conditions required in order to work is "make direct contact".

@Oma An 8-A being hit with a kick from a 7-B will literally oneshot. And no, Aura has displayed multiple times throughout the series to be a forcefield.

It's been referred to ONCE as a forcefield. If it was a forcefield I'm sure that electricity wouldn't bypass and Overhaul wouldn't.

Referred to once, displayed multiple times. And again, NO ONE IS ARGUING THAT OVERHAUL WOULDNT WORK. What is being argued is the fact that Kai literally has to make contact with Yang in order to use Overhaul, which he wont be able to do due to her aura.

And WHAT exactly stops it from working?? Explanation??

It was referred to ONCE as a forcefield by Jaune who just got his aura. It was referred to as a SHIELD by Pyrrha, someone very experienced as you can obviously tell.

@Kalthias

What you mean in that one example? And i think that was a mere demonstration, seeing as we dont see any of those purple circles that eminate EVER again.

Yeah, IK it does

It's constantly on, it doesn't strain anyone, There have been times people have been completely sneak attacked but still survived because of their aura.

Its more to do with Cinder not actually uing the full extent of her Tier 7 powers, nor going all out. But its way too consistant for high tiers not to one shot our main cast, I mean, Emerald completely dominated more than half of Coco's remaining aura with a single strike.

Unless he displays a good feat of that then meh, but he completely shot through Sienna's Aura too, if she had any, most likely if she suggests violence. The Moonslice however was what had one shot Yang, and therefore i don't think Adam and his neutral hits could have oneshot her either, definitely beat her, but the battle wouldn't be AS one sided. So Adam's semblance, i think, is a little haxy compared to everyone elses, so if something liek that can easily break through Aura, then i doubt Chisaki couldnt.

@Oma The fact that he cant make physical contact with her through her Aura

You do know there is barely a difference between a forcefield and a shield right? Either way its still going to be blocking him.

That's 7 for Kai and 0 for Yang. Since this is unanimous I think this can be closed and added immediately.

Ruby had her aura activated yet was thrown around like a rag doll by Tyrian. Yang had her aura activated yet was cut down by Adam. Nora bypassed a hunter in battle with her electricity. It's a common assumption that all hunters activated aura in battles. Pyrrha's aura was disabled by a KICK into a pillar.

Yeah....people in RWBY touch eachother all the time, they can still feel pain (which wouldnt be existant if there was a forcefield), and im pretty sure characters like Tyrian wouldnt get instantly knocked back by Qrow punching the air in front of him, He isnt All Might.

Aura is more soul-manifested armour than a forcefield that completely blocks damage

Omahariptic said:
Ruby had her aura activated yet was thrown around like a rag doll by Tyrian. Yang had her aura activated yet was cut down by Adam. Nora bypassed a hunter in battle with her electricity. It's a common assumption that all hunters activated aura in battles. Pyrrha's aura was disabled by a KICK into a pillar.
Ruby, an 8-A, had her aura taken down by Tyrian, a 7-B. Yang, an 8-A, had her aura taken down by Adam, a 7-B. Pyrrha, an 8-A, had her aura taken down by Cinder, a 7-A. Notice a pattern here? No shit someone thousands of times more powerful is going to have no trouble getting through the aura of someone vastly weaker than them.

@Omahariptic

Aura doesn't prevent being rag dolled.

Adam is becoming 7-B.

Ok.

A Mountain level kick.

@Jinx

So, if i have a helmet and i headbutt a wall i won't feel pain? Because it's literally the same principle

Kaltias said:
Ren3453
See, no direct contact
kk, now show us ANOTHER example that

A) Says the same thing

B) Wasn't early in the series so this isn't outdated unlike the fact you can get touched

C) Was actually consistent with all those purple rings that Ren kept displaying, cause i haven't seen those ever again from anyone.

Its pretty clear this was some exclusive anomaly just so people could get a better understanding of Aura, cause a demonstration of Aura like that has NEVER been shown since, while RWBY characters actually being touched, them being able to feel pain, is existant and consistent.

I mean come on, even Pyrrha doesn't fully believe its a forcefield, she just lets Jaune 'believe' it like that. Its durability enhancement

Omahariptic said:
My point is that Aura strengthens and recovers the body. Direct contact CAN be made with someone with activated aura.

How is that your point? The examples you just listed arent examples of characters being touched through their aura, you just listed a bunch of times high tiers oneshot low tiers and destroyed their aura in the process.

After reading the messages above,i'll go with kai via jinx's reasoning

mostly cause of regen,overhaul and stamina.

WeeklyBattles said:
Omahariptic said:
My point is that Aura strengthens and recovers the body. Direct contact CAN be made with someone with activated aura.
How is that your point? The examples you just listed arent examples of characters being touched through their aura, you just listed a bunch of times high tiers oneshot low tiers and destroyed their aura in the process.
Qrow punches Tyrian, being able to knock him back.

There you go.

Cinder made physical contact to hurt Pyrrha. Tyrian made physical contact to hurt Ruby. Adam made physical contact to hurt Yang. Sorry to say but just because they're high tiers doesn't throw away the fact that physical contact was made.

Omahariptic said:
Cinder made physical contact to hurt Pyrrha. Tyrian made physical contact to hurt Ruby. Adam made physical contact to hurt Yang. Sorry to say but just because they're high tiers doesn't throw away the fact that physical contact was made.
No they didnt, they hit their aura, which is why it got destroyed by their attack. No physical contact was made.

Omahariptic said:
Yang's aura was still active when she was cut down. Adam made direct contact.

Adam

Is

City level

Of course he is going to cut through her Aura and damage her, she is only MCB level

Guys, you are NLFing Aura by now . It's a 8-A forcefield. It doesn't block City level strikes because it's common sense that it doesn't.

Kaltias said:
Ah no my man. I showed my example of Aura being a forcefield. Now you have to show Kai bypassing it.
Another example?

https://youtu.be/nQS1_3QWt1Q?list=PLuoiokMvmis8VmOHr9VjO_nw91PZt4aTG&t=54
Pfft, ok, that says its a forcefield, but its certainly not the type you're thinking of. Again, anything that acts as a barrier can be considered a forcefield, in this case Aura, but its an intangible barrier, PEOPLE WITH AURA CAN STILL BE TOUCHED AND HURT.

And again, the show has way more consistancy to say Aura is more soul mainfested aura than a legit forcefield.

The guy legit got knocked down after an attack aswell. You dont get knocked back if your forcefield is the one being hit

@Oma He made direct contact AFTER cutting through her aura due to having an immense AP advantage. Its not that hard to figure out.

@Jinx

I mean, ok. Burden of proof that it gets bypassed is still on you.

Omahariptic said:
Adam

Made

Direct Contact

Contact is still contact regardless of tiering, it's not that hard to figure out Weekly.
Look. I have a shield. I can use it to intercept attacks. That's the definition of preventing direct contact.

I'm not going to survive if you fire at me with a tank. Because the shell obviously goes trough the shield and my body. Does this mean that the shield doesn't prevent contact?

No, it means that the shield is weak.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Oma He made direct contact AFTER cutting through her aura due to having an immense AP advantage. Its not that hard to figure out.
Yeah, only because of the Moonslice. We cant say Adam can one shot Yang normally.

But again, better example, Qrow vs Tyrian, Qrow punches Tyrian, Tyrian feels it.

Aura isnt even a physical property, you cant touch it.

@Jinx If You have a helmet on and i punch you in the head, youre still gonna feel the force of the impact even with something covering your head. The same principle applies here with Aura.

Cool but it's shown in the shot that Yang's Aura was STILL active. Watch the clip it's blatantly obvious. Literally what I'm saying is entering one ear and leaving the other.

With that said I'm ending this discussion with you specifically because you're not listening. Ruby was showing shouted, implied in pain when Tyrian cut her. Stop wanking.

Aura strengthens and recovers the body from hits. It's considered a SHIELD by Pyrrha, not a forcefield as it was once referred to from an AMATEUR. Point was made and more or less solidified and you refuse to listen, have a nice day.

Jinx I get your point but we really don't know what Moonslice can do aside from those amazing aesthetic effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back