• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kai Chisaki vs Yang Xiao Long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jinx665@

You are not making any sense. How does Aura being a force field stop pain? Please explain why all pain is suddenly gone because of a forcefield?

I haven't seen anyone give a real reason on how Kai Chisaki wins.

Aura is a forcefield around the body a barrier if you will. If Kai does need to be in direct contact then his ability does not work.

Overhaul weakness is direct contact and if direct contact can't be made it's not working. Overhaul will only work if he takes out Yang's aura first.

It was active. But it was too weak. Aura is a forcefield. It doesn't have hax properties like "nullify slashes". It takes a set amount of punishment, then it breaks. Because that's how it works. A 8-A forcefield breaks instantly against a 7-B attack because it's weak. That's it.

World of Remnant is an amateur?

@Oma Youre really not getting this are you? He cut THROUGH her aura to make physical contact with her. Tyrian kicked THROUGH Ruby's aura to make contact with her.

You didnt look at Kalitas' example where the World of Remnant video literally calls Aura a forcefield did you?

Poinciana1971 said:
Jinx665@

You are not making any sense. How does Aura being a force field stop pain? Please explain why all pain is suddenly gone because of a forcefield?

Aura is a forcefield around the body a barrier if you will. If Kai does need to be in direct contact then his ability does not work.

Overhaul weakness is direct contact and if direct contact can't be made it's not working. Overhaul will only work if he takes out Yang's aura first.
^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^

WeeklyBattles said:
@Jinx If You have a helmet on and i punch you in the head, youre still gonna feel the force of the impact even with something covering your head. The same principle applies here with Aura.
Yeah...except Aura isnt a physical property like a helmet. You can still touch people with Aura, seeing as its merely the soul manifested. And i mean, a helmet would make the force incredibly weaker. Oh, and a helmet isnt a forcefield, its armour.

Characters in Rwby aren't hitting the air in all those fightscenes...

Its actually came to this, but i have to display proof of the fact RWBY characters get physically hit. Luckily i can pick and choose the hundreds of times this happens, but heres my favourite

Qrowgetshit
Qrow getting sword smacked w/ Aura still active, Next time just go visit her parents

Jinx

You haven't proved anything, your putting up pictures and hoping no one calls you out of it. Your just repeating the same thing over and over again hoping it'll work.

This picture literally doesn't prove your point, why is Qrow's head moving proves anything?

Poinciana1971 said:
Jinx665@

Forcefields are meant to protect you and take the force inserted FOR you. Theyre barriers. do you see Sue Storm getting physically hurt when something hits her forcefield, other than the strain of holding it, which comes from herself

Theres the thing though, Aura doesnt mean you are completely untouchable, thats what everyone is getting at here, because of one outdated example that has never been shown to be used in the same way AGAIN. You can still touch people with Aura! Again, people seem to be ignoring Qrow punching Tyrian.

So if y'all still want to wank Yang to say she cant be touched, which she can, be my guest, but as far as i see it, nothing suggests Aura can withstand Overhaul. If its a forcefield and its physical like you all say, then pretty sure Overhaul can disassemble it with a light touch.

Point is, she goes out with a Yang. Chisaki wins.

JINX666

Aura is a manifestation of the soul.

Aura is primarily use as a defensive mechanism passively coating the weilder in a protective force field.

Straight from the World of Remnant about Aura... now please try to disprove this.

Poinciana1971 said:
Jinx
You haven't proved anything, your putting up pictures and hoping no one calls you out of it. Your just repeating the same thing over and over again hoping it'll work.

This picture literally doesn't prove your point, why is Qrow's head moving proves anything?
Hes

getting

physically

hit

Its not a hard point to make, just the simple fact the sword is touching him!

>Using examples from another verse

Stick to what happens in RWBY.

Literally no one is saying that it makes you completely untouchable. We are saying that it does what a forcefield does. Also, needs to be shown agai? You still have to post a scan of Kai decomposing a forcefield once.

Oh, and im also pretty sure Yang needs to feel physical contact for her semblance to work...something she cant do if Aura prevents people from physically touching her.

Do not quote large blocks of text.

You haven't proved Yang can be touch, you haven't proved anything. You just keep saying the same thing that doesn't prove anything.

As Weekly said if I punch you while you wearing a helment the force of my punch still is going through you. It's no different then Aura itself.

NOW you have to proof this wrong, your proof that it's wrong is that it's not a Physical property.

That is a Fallacy

Poinciana1971 said:
JINX666
Aura is a manifestation of the soul.

Aura is primarily use as a defensive mechanism passively coating the weilder in a protective force field.

Straight from the World of Remnant about Aura... now please try to disprove this.
THATS EXACTLY WHAT IT IS. But the forcefield isn't a type you all think it is! It doesn't stop people from being physically touched. Its proved way more to be something that merely buffs your defense, and stops you from dying to fatal attacks.

@Kalthias

I never bleeding said Chisaki has decomposed a forcefield, but if its a physical property, then Chisaki can ofc decompose it, nothing has stopped him before, since its something people can touch! But the fact is it isnt, so either it breaks down via Overhaul, or Yang gets touched and hit by Overhaul anyway.

Overhaul causes more than minor damage that aura can heal from aswell, it literally dissassembles things on a somewhat molecular level

But thats what you're all saying, you're saying Chisaki cant touch Yang...which he can...RWBY characters can be touched.

Jinx666 said:
Overhaul causes more than minor damage that aura can heal from aswell, it literally dissassembles things on a somewhat molecular level
Forcefields have molecules?

WeeklyBattles said:
@Jinx No, she takes hits to her aura and converts it to power
'Takes hits to her aura', proof? Cause im pretty sure the show says its from damage taken.

Except people can still use their semblances without their aura.

Jinx666 said:
WeeklyBattles said:
@Jinx No, she takes hits to her aura and converts it to power
'Takes hits to her aura', proof? Cause im pretty sure the show says its from damage taken.
Except people can still use their semblances without their aura.
Yang used her semblance multiple times in the Vytal Festival tournament and wasnt immendiately disqualified for not having Aura

No they cant

This is a long-ass thread, so I'm not gonna bother reading. I'll just leave my thoughts here.

Aura is a barrier, yes, but it's not a full-on barrier that's constantly active. Rather, it seems to act more like something that passively activates based on impact above a certain threshold, since we know for a fact that Jaune got stung by wasps.

I don't think we're up for 8-B wasps here.

That's my thought on it.

Kaltias said:
Jinx666 said:
Forcefields have molecules?
Some do, some dont, but Aura doesnt since its a mere soul manifestation. there are different types of forcefield

But Chisaki can still friggin touch Yang, She's clearly touchable.

Y'all realise Chisaki can also instantly heal and recover his stamina, not to mention he's an adept fighter in himself. So Yang certainly isn't going to be getting past that anyway.

@Jinx Unless her aura is down, Yang isnt touchable. He can hit her, but he cant actually touch her through her aura.

Chisaki can heal, recover stamina and is a good fighter yes. In fact, never once i said that Yang wins this. Literally all my posts in this thread are me explaining how Aura works.

I don't care who wins here either, just trying to make sure people aren't going around spreading misinformation to others like it's fact.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Jinx Unless her aura is down, Yang isnt touchable. He can hit her, but he cant actually touch her through her aura.
He can though. Jesus, this Yang wank is worse than DB at this point.

You can still be touched, without Aura. There are literally thousands of examples i dont want to get into, but yeah

Qrow punching Tyrian...last time i checked a forcefield getting punched doesnt make the protected person feel the punch.

Wasps hurting Jaune, who still had aura.

Winter sword bashing Qrow

All hug scenes

RWBY fighters are untouchable

I suppose you want to argue that Velvet's aura is getting punched here and not her body
Velv punched
Poor Bunny girl getting smacked by large-ass mech

No, you're all just too sad to see one of the best RWBY girls get disassembled.

Dont much like it either, but to say RWBY characters aren't able to get physically touched or hurt (Your helmet example is more based around armour than forcefields btw, which is what Aura honestly is, a sould manifestation that isnt physical, but buffs up the body) is WAY too much a stretch. Some semblances rely on physical contact too like Yangs. Its a pretty shit forcefield if it lets the protected person get smashed through to the stratosphere.

So Yang still loses. Can we close the thread now, we're going in circles, or are you honestly all going to keep on doing this, cause my mind isn't being changed

Jinx666

Once again why does pain suddenly mean that they can be touched?

As we said if you're wearing a suit of armor or helment and get hit you will still feel the force of the impact.

Jinx666 said:
You can still be touched, without Aura. There are literally thousands of examples i dont want to get into, but yeah

Qrow punching Tyrian...last time i checked a forcefield getting punched doesnt make the protected person feel the punch.

All hug scenes

I suppose you want to argue that Velvet's aura is getting punched here and not her body
Yes, without aura you can be touched, that is correct

When youve got a full body forcefield that protects you from taking damage but you still feel the attack itself like aura does, it does.

You mean Jaune, who still had no idea how to use or control his aura

See the second sentence

And yes, thats exactly whats happening

Jinx666 said:
No, you're all just too sad to see one of the best RWBY girls get disassembled.
Dont much like it either, but to say RWBY characters aren't able to get physically touched or hurt (Your helmet example is more based around armour than forcefields btw, which is what Aura honestly is, a sould manifestation that isnt physical, but buffs up the body) is WAY too much a stretch. Some semblances rely on physical contact too like Yangs. Its a pretty shit forcefield if it lets the protected person get smashed through to the stratosphere.

So Yang still loses. Can we close the thread now, we're going in circles, or are you honestly all going to keep on doing this, cause my mind isn't being changed
Nice fallacy

Okay, one more time. RWBY characters can be HIT with attacks, they just cannot be TOUCHED through their aura.

Poinciana1971 said:
Jinx666
Once again why does pain suddenly mean that they can be touched?

As we said if you're wearing a suit of armor or helment and get hit you will still feel the force of the impact.
Are you legit kidding me. Someone detects pain by their receptors...in their skin! Something has to actually touch them in order for them to feel it.

So once again, you're using ARMOUR instead of a FORCEFIELD as an example. You all think its armour too dont you! You're all right in the fact that Aura isnt a forcefield like Invisible woman's, but its more something that A) isnt physical, B) Buffs up your defense and gives you these superhuman characteristics after all, but its more like someone was wearing an armour, that wasn't actually there, so you can still be touched

"Qrow punching Tyrian...last time i checked a forcefield getting punched doesnt make the protected person feel the punch."

Dude. Again. Take a helmet, a pillow or what else and headbutt a wall. You feel it. It hurts less. This is how Aura works. It hurts less because something was in the way

"Wasps hurting Jaune, who still had aura."

City Block wasps or PIS, pick one.

Jinx666

You have tired my patience you are wrong in every sense of the word and instead of trying to listen you have repeatedly ignore every scarp of evidence we've given you.

It's clear you just want to spread lies.

I vote for KaI since it's not unreasonable for him to break through her Aura given enough time.

Regenerationn and the use of his Quirk to recover stamina.

WeeklyBattles said:
Jinx666 said:

All hug scenes

Yes, without aura you can be touched, that is correct
When youve got a full body forcefield that protects you from taking damage but you still feel the attack itself like aura does, it does.
You mean Jaune, who still had no idea how to use or control his aura

See the second sentence

And yes, thats exactly whats happening
People get physically hit though...they FEEL pain. They can still be hurt. Your helmet excuse supports my claim on Aura being more like an armour than a traditional forcefield, so just plz stop.

Jaune still had his aura active and unlocked. Aura again, is always active once you've unlocked it.

To be hit is to be touched. Yang isn't an untouchable god.

@Kaltias

Not the point, Jaune still felt em, meaning their stingers would have had to go in.

@Poinciana

You're ego is showing a bit. Don't always assume you're right, i've explained my 'opinions' if you want to call em that as best i can, but its obvious people aren't going to step down and say 'Alright i was wrong', for their own pride.

@Jinx Feeling pain doesnt mean theyre being physically touched. Its a full body forcefield.

So i guess the mosquito that bit saitama and the cat that scratched him are now 5-B because he felt it?

Poincina is 100% right in this case

Yeah, he felt them.

This guy was damaged by a cat. This guy was killed by bullets. This thing gets damaged by thunders.

8-B characters like Jaune are 100% bullet proof (that's including AT weaponry). That's the reason why the wasp piercing his skin is PIS. Hell it's PIS even discounting Aura.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Jinx Feeling pain doesnt mean theyre being physically touched. Its a full body forcefield.
So i guess the mosquito that bit saitama and the cat that scratched him are now 5-B because he felt it?

Poincina is 100% right in this case
...Yeah...it does, except in a few cases such as Mind attacks, Diseases and whatnot. Even if you're wearing an armour, the fact you can feel something is because something is touching you! Thats what pain is!

No, it just didn't hurt him. But the fact the wasp was able to inject its venom proves Jaune was touched. and Jaune isn't Saitama.

Keep thinking that. Its a hypothetical battle about fictional terms, nothing can prove you're right since it doesn't exist.

@Kaltias

Yeah but none of them has this 'forcefield'. Jesus, you give an instance where someone gets touched and people just hop on to the easiest 'ITS PIS ITS PIS' argument.

What about that bandit who Yang physically punches (We see his cheek rippling and whatnot). You can argue he doesn't have a lot of Aura, but he still survived all of Yangs pissed attacks right.

Also the fact that hits always make sounds in RWBY (like the slaps) as if they were actually slapping the cheek is a bit supportive.
Velv punched
Velvet is not getting touched by this mech.

Its honestly pathetic how enticed you all get. Overhaul wins unanimously anyway, so may we please close this thread and add the results? Cause im getting distracted by this thanks

Heck, can i also ask why this Wiki doesn't say Aura is a forcefield on the character pages and instead that it enhances the persons durability :I, Nor the fact the RWBY characters dont have 'Forcefield Users' as a category, unless y'all would like to add that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back