• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Drite77 said:
True, also, do we considered that Ice Beam have his anime properties?
Anime is secondary canon iirc, so yes. Not to mention that 10% freezing chance is game mechanics either way.

Soooo, Juvia is kinda screwed here, since Glaceon will know that Ice Beam is really effective against Juvia via his IQ Skill Weak-Type Picker

Drite77 said:
Soooo, Juvia is kinda screwed here, since Glaceon will know that Ice Beam is really effective against Juvia via his IQ Skill Weak-Type Picker
Juvia isn't weak to the ice itself.

Drite77 said:
Her Profile says that she is vulnerable to freezing attacks
Then with Speed equalized, Glaceon takes this in my books, unless Juvia has a distinct AP advantage. Heat Manipulation isn't complete Ice or Fire Manipulation, the latter two of which might've helped her out more, honestly. Water Manipulation doesn't exactly give her a resistance to Ice-type attacks, though it may help her defend against them to a certain degree.

However, I do wonder about the how the Elemental Intangibility works for Juvia here.

Drite77 said:
?

Weak-Type Picker: When near several enemies, Glaceon will target the one that have a type disadvantage.

This says that Glaceon targets the enemy that has a weakness to him when he's fighting multiple enemies, not that he knows the weaknesses of his enemies when he's fighting 1v1.

I mean, i never played the MD games, but there is nothing that say that the mons there know every type of every pokemon, since there is some mons with questionable typing, but Glaceon and Ice types overall lead with Ice Beam or Hail, so that shouldn't be a problem IMO, i will ask Cal about that IQ Skill

Dragopentling said:
Drite77 said:
Her Profile says that she is vulnerable to freezing attacks
Then with Speed equalized, Glaceon takes this in my books, unless Juvia has a distinct AP advantage. Heat Manipulation isn't complete Ice or Fire Manipulation, the latter two of which might've helped her out more, honestly. Water Manipulation doesn't exactly give her a resistance to Ice-type attacks, though it may help her defend against them to a certain degree.
However, I do wonder about the how the Elemental Intangibility works for Juvia here.
It probably works like Vaporeon's.

Hmm, weak-type picker is one of the very first IQ skills you can gain, so it's very likely that the CPU Pokemon won't know the type of every other Pokemon, especially since there are Pokemon that your partner canonically hasn't seen before.

even without something like Sheer Cold, Glaceon shouldn't be an disadvantage here. Also, I know it's mentioned before, but I don't see Juvia having resistances to Ice Manipulation. That's problematic. Glaceon also has the move Hail and the ability Snow Cloak, which would present problems here for Juvia. The ability Ice Body is also optional in synergy with Hail.

Apparently, we kinda use all abilities of the Pokemon in the battle, except when they are in Mega Forms, when they can only use that ability

Drite77 said:
Apparently, we kinda use all abilities of the Pokemon in the battle, except when they are in Mega Forms, when they can only use that ability
was it because of Mystery Dungeon games? Cause unless if I remembered incorrectly, Pokemon are allowed to have multiple abilities in those games.

That's right, although I don't think a Pokemon can have its hidden ability + normal ability at the same time.

I think so, and that includes the Conquest abilities, so 2 evasion for Glaceon on Hail and a range increase

Drite77 said:
Glaceon is to OP with Hail, please nerf
At least it ain't Abomasnow (Mega or not) whose ability automatically sets up Hail, whereas he JUST spams the living begeezus outta Blizzards.

Dragopentling said:
HenryWong122 said:
Drite77 said:
Hail and Blizzard run out after 5 turns.
I mean, if the opponent isn't frozen fodder by the time the 5 turns are up, then I guess that matters.
Well actually the opponent only has to last four turns as the turn you use Hail counts as one of the five turns.

HenryWong122 said:
Dragopentling said:
HenryWong122 said:
Drite77 said:
Hail and Blizzard run out after 5 turns.
I mean, if the opponent isn't frozen fodder by the time the 5 turns are up, then I guess that matters.
Well actually the opponent only has to last four turns as the turn you use Hail counts as one of the five turns.
you sure about that? Also, the held item Icy Rock for non-Megas is also a thing.

NB4 someone makes another comment about game mechanics when the Conquest and Mystery Dungeons IQ Skill/Abilities are game mechanics.

Conquest and PHD skills arent game mechanics they're legitimate abilities. Calling an ability from from a game a game mechanic doesn't automatically make it one

Glaceon can't have an Icy Rock, so Hail only last for that long, but 4 Blizzard is still powerfull even when is only for 4 turns

HenryWong122 said:
NB4 someone makes another comment about game mechanics when the Conquest and Mystery Dungeons IQ Skill/Abilities are game mechanics.
Ugh, please no...Azzy is just gonna barge in again with his huge blocks of text that have the supernatural power of somehow always making sense. I don't hate the man, just his methods :p

Back