• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
Yesterday night I saw Justice League. I had a blast and really enjoyed myself watching it (Though I'm really hoping an Extended Cut is released in the future). The characters are great and have amazing chemistry with each other, the Danny Elfman score reminds me of classic comicbook movies like 1989 Batman and 2002 Spider-Man, and it is really entertaining.

It also has some great feats, so I feel like they need to be properly listed and discussed. Obvious spoilers ahead.

To make this comprehensible and easy to follow, I will split feats character by character.

Batman:

• Batman has a lot of excellent feats in the movie, that really show he is Superhuman.
  • He can go toe to toe with Parademons which have superhuman strength, and has an unnatural agility, using his grappling hook in combat to swing from place to place and perfom dropkicks.
  • Speed wise he manages to dodge a blast from Parademon's Plasma Carbine from short range.
  • He survives being tossed into a police car at super-speed, flattening the car. He also survives being slapped around by a casual Steppenwolf for a bit.
  • Batman also gets an Inteligence boost, as he is capable of building Mech Robots and advanced planes.
Wonder Woman:

• Oddly, she doesn't get any new impressive feats.
  • She is still the second strongest member of the Justice League, only behind Superman (More on him later), and the third fastest.
  • She has a scene where she stops a terrorist attack, and blocks a ton of automatic fire from close range to save civilians, but she's already scaled from much better feats.
  • She has some level of Superhuman Senses, as she detects a hiding Cyborg during a scene (Batman fails to notice him).
  • She has knowledge of alien races and whatnot, and gives the backstory information about Steppenwolf's last invasion.
  • By the way, the Amazons are also more obviously superhuman in this movie. They can wield giant warhammers, briefly hold a falling ceiling, and their archery skills and agility is far beyond anything real people can do.
Flash:

• The Flash is the fastest member of the Justice League (Duh), he is so fast that everyone else (Including Wonder Woman and Steppenwolf) moves in slow motion to him.
  • He briefly explains the Speed Force and how it allows him to distort space-time in the movie.
  • While he doesn't show it in the movie, supplementary material tells that he can vibrate his body and phase through solid objects.
  • His best strength feat is running into a Parademon so fast it explodes
  • He built his own suit with materials used in Space Shuttles and currents designed to keep the electricity he produces in check.
  • Speaking of that, whenever he moves in super-speed Flash releases Speed Force lightning around him, which are apparently meant to be Blue Shifts going by some supplementary material.
Aquaman:

• Aquaman has superhuman strength and speed, around the level of Wonder Woman if a bit weaker (They're very much comparable and fair equally against Steppenwolf).
  • Aquaman can breathe and dash underwater (Duh).
  • He doesn't talk to fish nor shows the ability to control them telepathically, but he apparently can understand the flow of the water or some shit.
  • With the Trident of Poseidon, he has limited Water Manipulation.
  • And speaking of Hydrokinesis, Mera is in the movie in one scene and her main power is her Water Manipulation, which is essentially waterbending if I had to compare it with anything else.
  • She fights with Steppenwolf briefly but I wouldn't put her in the same tier as Aquaman.
Cyborg:

• Cyborg's thing is that he doesn't know the limit of his own powers. He was created from one of the Motherboxes (More on them later), and thus he has no idea of the full potential of what he can do.
  • He can absorb the information that surrounds him from all sort of Electronic devices, at speeds far faster than the human portion of his brain can process.
  • He can hack into any machine, and intercept radio communication.
  • He has superhuman strength, can fly, and shoot missiles and lasers from an arm cannon.
  • He can regrow parts of his cybernetic body, although it takes time. He has his leg ripped apart by Steppenwolf, but gets better.
  • He survives the United Mother Boxes exploding in his face, although I'm not sure if that is durability or because he is made of the same material as them.
Steppenwolf:

• Main villain of the movie, and quite powerful.
  • In the distant past, he (And presumably other New Gods) led his armies against Earth's combined forces, and was only defeated by an alliance of Humans, Amazons, and Atlanteans, alongside Green Lanterns and the Greek Gods.
  • In this flashback, he survives being blast with lightning from Zeus, and being hit with an axe by Ares.
  • During the movie proper, he fights basically every member of the Justice League. Batman is a non-issue to him (As he should be), while Cyborg and Flash can only inconvenience him. Meanwhile Wonder Woman and Aquaman can take him head on, but are somewhat weaker and can't defeat him.
  • He can cause large Area damage with his axe, turning the ground around him into a scorched land.
  • He can also teleport through a large energy beam in the sky, even across interstellar / interdimensional distances (He retreats to Apokolips at the end of the movie).
  • And speaking of Steppenwolf, perhaps we should talk about something else:
Mother Boxes:

• The movie's McGuffins, the Mother Boxes are incredibly powerful artifacts:
  • They are weapons of destruction as well as creation, capable of destroying entire worlds and reshaping them to the likeness of Apokolips.
  • They can reshape entire planets into other things, too, such as beautiful paradise worlds.
  • They can alter the weather.
  • The energy contained in one Mother Box is such that even a planet wouldn't be able to take it, and the combined Mother Boxes are said to be "Power itself".
  • It is nearly impossible to safely separate the Mother Boxes when they are united, and Cyborg is only able to do it because he is made from the same material as them, and even them he can only separate them for "A nanosecond", requiring someone else to forcibly pull them apart.
  • Meanwhile, Zeus in the flashback splits the Three Mother Boxes with a single lightning bolt. Make of that what you will.
So, I think that's everything... As you can see, movie has decent feats but no upgrades. Or am I forgetting something?

Oh yeah, there's also him.

Superman:

• Ohboy.
  • Superman in this movie is ridiculous, my God, someone please nerf him.
  • Okay, speaking seriously: Superman is by far the strongest character in the entire movie. Steppenwolf doesn't have shit on him.
  • Superman is revived through the power of the Mother Box kick-started through an electrical current generated by The Flash in combination with the Kryptonian's Genesis Chamber fluid.
  • The experiment is seen as a colossal risk, as even a planet cannot endure the energy contained in a Mother Box, but Batman says that Superman is "Stronger than a Planet", and thus should survive it.
  • He does and is reborn, but at first he is at shock from the experience and lacks full awareness of himself. He gets better soon after, though.
  • During this brief period when he is mad, he attacks the entire Justice League, and trashes all of them.
  • He physically overpowers Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Cyborg with ease simultaneously, isn't harmed by Wonder Woman's sword nor Aquaman's trident, and Cyborg's cannons only stagger him.
  • Even more insane, he reacts to the Flash's full speed, and even manages to hit him after Flash fails to continually dodge his punches.
  • During the end of the movie, he fights Steppenwolf with a smug smile on his face, casually dodging his Axe swings (Which he perceives in slow motion), and beats him with a single punch.
  • He also uses the Freeze Breath for the first time in this movie.
  • Superman is the one to split apart the three Mother Boxes with his sheer strength, and he tanks their energies being released on his face, although it leaves him hurt and stunned for a moment (No major injuries though, it seems like the equivalent of a heavy concussion).
  • Oh, and he does a better job of evacuating civilians at superspeed than the Flash does. And in a Post-Credit scene he and Flash have a race and are shown to be equally matched.
So yeah, Justice League: One Punch Superman.

Nice, MHS arrow, though it was a special one.

And about the nanosecond thing, does that mean Superman had to split the mother boxes in a nanosecond?

I honestly all for High 6-A Superman.

However, I think the other characters shouldn't be downgraded. Wonder Woman fought evenly with Doomsday after all.

I think it's hinted that the Mother Box may have increased Superman's power upon resurrecting him.

@Teen oh hell yeah the boxes certainly upgraded him quite a bit.

As for the thing itself i'm all for High 6-A DCEU with 6-B top tiers and at least 6-B Steppenwolf

The speed upgrades are incredibly problematic, like how can anyone land a blow on Superman?!

And it completely invalidates Flash.

And anyone that does is insta upgrade to MHS? Not, that this matters, of course. The Universe is going to canceled or rebooted.

I don't see how it is problematic. Superman is just being portrayed as an ultimate hero. A lot of comics do that too.

Also, you do know that Aquaman and Shazam are already being made.

So, do we add a High 6-A Justice League Superman Key via Mother Box and Planet statements?

Does anyone agree with these or not?

what if superman actually got stronger, it is quite possible, he was brought back to life by the same box that did that to cyborg, also, in the comics, superman got an amp by the mother boxes (john bryne superman hunter prey)

He obviously got amped up by the Mother Box upon his ressurection.

Justice League Superman would be High 6-A via the statements of being stronger than a planet, and tanking planet busting/destroying energies. As well as godstomping everyone else in the movie.

I'm not sure if these informations are valid, but according to Hollywood Spotlight Magazine, Steppenwolf fought "a Doomsday" in the past: "The uncle of the universe's greatest villain, Darkseid, and a member of his elite force, Steppenwolf survived a battle with Doomsday. That should tell you just how powerful he is. Aside from his strength and near-immortality, he's also an expert tactician and wields a vicious electro-axe that can cut through just about anything"

If this is true, it definitely proves Superman got amped.

That's not what I'm talking about. Their Lifting Strength should be Class P (or Z, I'm not sure) due to BvS Superman's tectonic plate feat.

alright. also, yeah, it's class p.

isn't superman destroying the electro axe, definite proof that he was amped, this same weapon went toe to toe with wonder woman's sword, which hurt doomsday, even after he absorbed a nuke, and the energy of their punches.

I liked the movie, though it was a bit slow to start. Favorite scene was Superman seeing Flash in Super Speed mode.

The scaling in the movie was weird on the part of the Parademons. Batman was able to fight them, though at a slight disadvantage. Yet they were able to affect (though not really injure) characters like Aquaman and Wonder Woman.

Also Steppenwolf being dog piled by a few dozen Parademons was also weird. They are like Batman Level, and while he was injured from the Superman beatdown and other heroes attacking him. It was more the psychological blow of his weapon being destroyed that defeated him. Still the Parademons were able to damage him and hold him down (and knock off his helmet). But again they are Batman Level so that was really odd.

Stupid as hell PIS because the movie has to be under two hours as mandated by the studio. Hell, I'd argue Loki has a more dignified defeat scene than him, seeing as how the plot of Justice League and the Avengers are that similar.

Oh, and one punch Superman with a High 6-A key? Sort of like a Deus ex machina to me.

Superman didn't completely keep up with Flash. He appeared in slow motion, but something like he was 75-80% as fast.

If I remember correctly, I think the Flash tried to push Superman and the kinetic energy forced himself flying back.

Thing is, I don't think Superman was amped. Because the whole reason they wanted Superman back, was because they knew he was stronger than them. So he was likely already stronger than Diana to start with. And is obviously much faster.

@Rage the Wolf/Parademon thing is honestly PIS tho i did hear that his axe was the source of his power but i doubt that's legit.

Same. No one on the DCEU wikia confirmed/verified that statement about his Electro Axe, but the statement about Steppenwolf fighting a previous Doomsday clone was made by Ciarian Hinds, the actor who played Steppenwolf.

I'd like to add that it was Cyborg and Superman's combined strength that seperate all three Mother Boxes, and that when the JL were fighting Superman that they were holding back (Wonder Woman especially).

Also, I really hope we get an extended cut of JL. WB/Joss really did Zack in with this movie's editing.

True. At the parademon point, it was probably PIS but he was damaged pretty bad by supes and most likely didnt have the strength to throw all of them off before being tubed away

It says something that Ares, who was able to kill all the other Greek gods, wasn't able to hurt Steppenwolf, a two-bit lackey of Darkseid's.

The effects for the ice breath were pretty bad, so I assume it was a Joss Whedon thing and not something Zack Snyder put in.

@Nat to be fair Steppenwolf is pretty much Darkseid's right hand man, though its crazy since apparently Steppenwolf isn't even a New God in this film.

@Hellbeast1

TBH, Marvel does that a lot with Thor, Sentry, and Hulk. But I think the most hated example for me is Dragon Ball with making everyone except Goku and Vegeta useless.

Also, is it just me, or does this Superman actually ACT like Superman now?

I mean, he SMILES. He's FRIENDLY. He's not all ******* doomy-gloomy all the time, wondering why he even BOTHERS.

I know right, i think Supes straight up comments on this evolution in his character.

Also yeah i just hate in Marvel where everyone's like "How we gonna stop this bloke? He's gonna destroy all the universe's Gods, or he's conquered like all of the Earth mightiest heroes... oh wait Thor and Sentry's got this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back