• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Just a quick The Hero CRT/Clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently The Hero is listed as only "plot induced stupidity". I wanted to clarify that a bit since it is giving people the wrong idea on "the hero", stuff like even tier 10 hax will beat the hero as long as it is passive cus The Hero can't counter passive stuff.

So what is The Hero? The Hero is "Passive Plot", it's the reason everything happens in stories. The reason Kumagawa always loses despite being one strong son of a b, the reason no one can mess with Medaka in verse etc. Having the hero wouldn't only make people make stupid mistakes, far from it, anything is possible with The Hero. The Hero is the weaponized version of the passive plot which as i said every story has, it's the reason goku gets hurt by bullets, the reason goku black fails to notice a sniper bullet right in front of his eyes, the reason the last boss doesn't show up at the start of the series to beat everyone. As long as the plot doesn't want you to lose, you won't lose. Stupidity will be induced, attacks will miss even if they aren't supposed to, hax will fail to activate, passive hax will fail to affect the character, logic will be thrown out of the window for the only reason of "The Plot wants it to happen". (i can go into many more examples but i don't want like 50 msgs of ppl not arguing this just to call me a wanker).

I know proof is needed, so let's go back to Medaka Vs Ajimu. Ajimu said that even after using "Life Zero to nullify every skill", she would still fail to beat Medaka. Let's go over what this means:

First: Let's see what it would mean for mid story Medaka to have no hax. She would just be an 8-A character, someone who can just punch her way to victory and that while moving at the super sonic -> light speed can punch away multiple city blocks or a city at best. That's it.

Second: Let's compare THAT Medaka to Ajimu. Let's see what was accepted on Ajimu's profile :

Durability: Unknow (Her Skills has the ability to turn into various abstract concepts, from Immortality, to transcend to higher dimensions, and Non-Corporeal nature make her difficult to kill, to the extent that she has survived for trillions of years.)

She is Immortal and Non-Corporeal. That as well as the fact that she tanked the Big Bang to the face. Her strength and speed? Those far outclass Medaka's and can reach up to infinitely greater than Medaka's (even if she can't reach infinity it doesn't matter, i don't want anyone to argue that, she is MUCH stronger than Medaka, that's the point).

So, let's review this:

A 8-C character would have to litearlly punch a non corporeal, immortal being that is completely outside of her league stat wise to death to win against that character. And The Hero can make that happen. That requires much more than just PIS. And even while still having her hax, Medaka admits she cannot compete with Ajimu. I would like this to be changed (should everyone agree to this) as The Hero is literally the power of the plot, and the plot can do much more than just induce stupidity.

So all my CRT, shall be limited to 1 topic, so i can detail it to the fullest and also avoid getting derailed. My usual 6-10 topic threads live for FAR too long.

Treating "The Hero" as weaponised plot-induced stupidity is the best approximation that we can manage. We cannot create a new powers & abilities page for 2 characters alone.

PIS is just a term for "regardless of how this makes no sense, it happens because the plot says so". That seems to fit right there with the description you supply. It's not literally an intelligence debuff. Think of it in a less literal manner and more that stupid and illogical things happen in the plot because plot says so.

@Wokistan

Well yeah, but i think that needs to be clarified. As i said people seem to think that since there are powers that don't require "intelligence" or "thought" they will always bypass The Hero. Which is by no means the case, the literal word "plot induced stupidity" invites missunderstandings. As ppl think it LITERALLY means stupidity. Also this page is part of the problem https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Plot-Induced_Stupidity. If that the wiki's accepted definition of "PIS" then we have to clarify on The Hero's text that it does more than just that.

@Ant

Well im not saying to make a page on The Hero alone. But maybe adding a blog, adding it on the plot manipulation, or the easiest way: to just clarify it on The Hero's text on Medaka's and Iihiko's profile. Then if needed maybe adding a blog.

I think that this is redundant, and that what we have now should be enough.

Antvasima said:
I think that this is redundant, and that what we have now should be enough.
As i explained it is not enough. People think that as long as a power is passive The Hero is useless, which is not the case. Some kind of clarification on the PIS page https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Plot-Induced_Stupidity or just a bit more info on The Hero even as much as saying "anything will bend to favour The Hero (the user), powers will stop working or fail to affect stuff".

Either one is fine, though it needs to be done, the tier 10 passives > The Hero idea the community currently has, made me want to make this thread.

We will definitely not adjust a general powers & abilities page to accommodate for a single character, and I am getting very tired of your Medaka threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back