• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Junko's inteligence

CrimsonStarFallen

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
So.

Caused the apocalypse with ease, tricked dozens of people into killing each other multiple times, brainwashes multiple people, spreads despair across a whole school of superhuman studends, has supernatural analytical abilities, managed to hide her identity from a lot of people for a long time, despite having caused the apocalypse...

Why isn't she Extraordinary Genius again?

You almost had me with revising Junkoposter's intelligence.

But I agree nonetheless.

I am not sure. We usually reserve extraordinary genius for characters who can calculate with the speed of supercomputers and/or invent futuristic technology.

Okay. I suppose that probably seems fine then.

If that's what it takes to be considered an Extraordinary Genius, then I don't understand why Lelouch vi Britannia is used as one of the examples for it on the intelligence page.

Don't get me wrong, I like Code Geass and Lelouch, but I don't recall him ever doing anything that would qualify him for something beyond just "Genius"

Creaturemaster971 said:
If that's what it takes to be considered an Extraordinary Genius, then I don't understand why Lelouch vi Britannia is used as one of the examples for it on the intelligence page.
Don't get me wrong, I like Code Geass and Lelouch, but I don't recall him ever doing anything that would qualify him for something beyond just "Genius"
Well, Lelouch did basically the same feats of Junko, but quite better. Just by having one specific power, he alone planned how to become the new emperor of Brittania; was able to quickly make plans under pressure in a matter of seconds; Knew exactly how to use his power on the right people to acquire his objectives (Just a reminder that his Geass works only once on the same people); Outsmarted and won against a bunch of military estrategists when Lelouch was on the verge of defeat. Its a battle genius and amazing analyst of situations. Managed to quickly climb his way up against the empire after realizing he lost all his memories and his army (without much difficulty), etc etc

Pretty sure he is Extraordinary Genius

That sounds like it could be grouped under Genius. Junko is an Extraordinary genius because she's cartoonishly intelligent to a degree impossible for a real life person. I always thought genius was stuff that was still humanly possible but incredibly impressive.

Granted I've only seen season 1 so I don't know if he does get any superhuman big brain time later on

I mean, Junko managed to cause an apocalypse with great plans and via brainwashing a lot of people, and wasnt really targeted to the point of being in danger iirc

Lelouch managed to become an emperor of a country with great plans with entire armies around the world wanting his head, and he could only "brainwash" with his Geass, and couldnt do this on a massive scale, but he still managed to do a feat very similar to Junko's

I am also very uncertain if Lelouch is really warranted for the Extraordinary Genius rating. It sounds like things that are possible to achieve for a real world brilliant strategist placed in a less complicated setting than the reality that we live in with Lelouch's power at his/her disposal.

Joseph Joestar shouldn't have the Extraordinary Genius rating either. I seem to keep having to play whack-a-mole with exaggerated intelligence ratings in this wiki.

Never mind. Lelouch seems to qualify based on the following description:

"Extraordinary Genius. Lelouch is extremely intelligent, capable of calculating the optimal positions for the Absolute Defense System, which was specially designed for his use, as he's being attacked. He also calculated the exact environmental data of his surroundings to use the F.L.E.I.J.A. Eliminator in nineteen seconds. He is a master manipulator, capable of perfectly predicting the actions and words of others and forming complex strategies under short notice."

Well, it is a borderline case, but I think that the above seems slightly superhuman.

Eh, to be honest in actuality in the anime it seemed a lot more... luck? Plot?

She had her sister to keep all physical harm from reaching her, and she just so happened to find the one guy that can make a brainwashing anime to drive people insane, after which she drove a class of superhuman crazy.

Back