• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please provide me with a summary of the oppositions side? I have been really busy this week and only been popping in the thread. Will be able to respond in a few hours.

Can someone please provide me with a summary of the oppositions side? I have been really busy this week and only been popping in the thread. Will be able to respond in a few hours.
There was some debate on wheter Kashimo is lightning speed or not (if he uses real lightning)

KingTempest came in and disagreed with his main arguments being;

- Naobito who is subsonic is called second fastest sorcerer in manga and in databook, therefore the verse cant really be Mach 900. Also cites Curse-Naoya and Maki being relative who is confirmed to be Mach 3 (directly stated in the story), so she cant really be Mach 900 (since she fought Sukuna who according to this CRT would be Mach 900 or Mach 90 depending on wheter or not you believe early Meguna was at 10% or not and it would **** up the speed scaling.

Supporters then said, well ok but Hakari/Yuta etc. could have gotten stronger + Gojo said they have the potential to surpass them and how would the JJK association know if they became stronger, their Info is outdated, basically a lot of arguments to dismiss the Naobito statement. (There was also debate on how much of Naobitos speed was due to his CT and how fast he is without it and someone said his CT is a x24 speed multiplier).

KingTempest then said everyone is scaling off of potential, the Naobito statement is in the databook and is still valid. And that there are too many anti-feats to scale the verse up to Mach 3.

Supporters then said "Ok sure, so we will only scale those that have the relevant Mach 900 feats anyway not the whole verse"

KingTempest then said "Nope if you go through with this CRT it will affect like 50 characters not just the ones OP listed." bringing in characters outside of what OP listed in the CRT.

There was also debate on wheter or not the low-end feats should be considered outliers considering that later the verse has a lot of Lightning speed feats due to everyone scaling from Kashimo. Then KingTempest dipped about an hour ago and the arguments kinda deviated from the original CRT to not being on topic

So in essence, the opposition's arguments against using Hakari's calc are that people who should be comparable to him don't scale anywhere close to that speed. e.g.
Yuta considers the post-Shibuya Yuji that was blitzed by Naoya (Supersonic cap) to be fast and Yuji is capable of evading him throughout their fight, even surprising Yuta and making him admit that the fight was never going to be easy until Yuta summons Rika to hold him still.
Fully Realized Maki's awakening was about enhancing her senses to be on Toji's level not about increasing her speed and she stills lags behind Curse Naoya's travel speed (Yuji and Maki's speeds are comparable to one another as they both travel to Sukuna together right after she asks if she can speed up) furthermore, when Maki does tag Curse Naoya, he's not moving at his top speed of Mach 3 as he had just began to accelerate again after stopping.
Gojo and Geto in the past have no scaling to Naobito. We currently
Yuji and Sukuna have no scaling to Naobito whatsoever. Yuji was relative to a non enhanced Choso who is slower than Naoya without accelerating, who's slower than Naobito.
Toji was stated to be comparable to 3 finger Sukuna, who's inferior to Jogo, who Naobito disappeared from their sight. Direct scaling and statements.
Maki never outspeeds Naoya. Her body is the same pre realization and post realization. The only thing that changes is her new enhanced sight that makes her effectively precog Naoya, stated time and time again.
And
since this is Hakari's feat clearly he ignores it.
Doesn't matter. The last thread solidified that it doesn't matter who has the feat, if they fall under the wall.
If Maki gets a MHS feat but is canonically slower than Mach 1, the last thread solidified that she's slower than Mach 1.
Unless Hakari somehow scales above the people who fall under that, aka Naoya, then it doesn't matter.
And wait
And since most of those who are involved in the lightning scaling would be ignored by the given statement (everyone but Hakari and Yuta)
Didn't the new Maki who's equal to Toji get blitzed by lightning from much further distances? Same Maki who scales to 15F Sukuna?

Ok this shit’s getting way the **** out of hand.

LET’S MOVE BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE.

Please let’s not discuss things like Sukuna being FTL or Kenjaku being relativistic, the purpose of this CRT is for Hakari and those who scale being MHS.

Not talking about JJK being FTL or relativistic or whatever, I know I don’t have pinging power but @Damage3245 and @KingTempest have expressed that their is some type of problem scaling wise regarding this feat, I believe three other staff members approved of this CRT, @Duedate8898 @DarkDragonMedeus and @Dereck03

Other staff like @CloverDragon03 have also voiced there is a scaling problem regarding this CRT, but the official vote count seems still too contentions to reach a conclusion yet.

Can we please move this CRT along instead of dragging it out for 10+ pages filled with unnecessary chatter, thank you.
There is a ridiculous scaling problem and they're ignoring it cause "it's not in the OP"

Here's my thing

Mach 3 ~ Peak Speed Cursed Womb Naoya ≥≤ Maki ~ 15F Sukuna > Ryu ~ Yuta > Hakari ~ Mach 945

Even if 15F Sukuna is weakened (which he ain't), that'd be 10% 15F Sukuna, which is Mach 94.5. Maki'd scale to that.
Maki is around Mach 3.

Maki deadass is not allowed to scale to Mach 94.5, much less Mach 945.

Yuta, Ryu, and Sukuna scaling means Maki scales either fully or partially, which is too far off from the value.

I don't give a **** what is in the OP. The OP is ignoring who is actually scaling just to scale who they want and leave out the ones with discrepancies, and a mod thinks all cause the discrepancy isn't in the OP, it's fine.

It's bull

I think all of these characters scale regardless whatever Maki's speed is, so she can be ignored for now because none of the scaling for this calc includes her Tempest.

Any issues concerning Maki, can be handled when we get into trying to scale characters around her level. And since no one on her level is included in the scaling for this thread, we don't have much reasons to be talking about any inconsistency she might cause in being scaled.

Maki doesn't scale to 15F sukuna in any capacity at the moment, it's a pretty big thing of divide right now on the supporter end in the verse. We don't even agree with whether or not Sukuna is at 10% or less. So until we can figure that out, I see no point in letting her hold back scaling for characters who for sure should at least have it.

I think all of these characters scale regardless whatever Maki's speed is, so she can be ignored for now because none of the scaling for this calc includes her Tempest.

Any issues concerning Maki, can be handled when we get into trying to scale characters around her level. And since no one on her level is included in the scaling for this thread, we don't have much reasons to be talking about any inconsistency she might cause in being scaled.

Maki doesn't scale to 15F sukuna in any capacity at the moment, it's a pretty big thing of divide right now on the supporter end in the verse. We don't even agree with whether or not Sukuna is at 10% or less. So until we can figure that out, I see no point in letting her hold back scaling for characters who for sure should at least have it.
Maki scales to 15F Sukuna via her fighting him and landing hits.

Like what.

Like what.
That scaling isn't accepted Tempest. That's my entire point. Currently Maki doesn't have any keys or feats on her profile to anything past her slaughter of the Zenin clan, in part of the contentious nature of all her scaling. You're parading that around right now as if we have it accepted when nothing past early Culling Games JJK has been applied to the profiles. So unless we suddenly get a thread that get what you're arguing accepted, she doesn't scale. The scaling for the lower tier characters like her still needs to be figured out

Like what.
Even ignoring that for a minute:

URUAME who has been described as a “monster” by the characters and who is literally fighting Hakari

Described piercing blood (Mach 1 speed) as “being fast.”

Like we either gotta go with the Mach statements or we gotta ignore them entirely. There’s no in between here, we either ignore the statements or we take them as is because trying to work around them like now is honestly really confusing to the scaling.

That scaling isn't accepted Tempest. That's my entire point. Currently Maki doesn't have any keys or feats on her profile to anything past her slaughter of the Zenin clan, in part of the contentious nature of all her scaling. You're parading that around right now as if we have it accepted when nothing past early Culling Games JJK has been applied to the profiles. So unless we suddenly get a thread that get what you're arguing accepted, she doesn't scale. The scaling for the lower tier characters like her still needs to be figured out
Ok.

I nominate it in this thread to be accepted since we adding all types of shit in here.

Since barely any of the shit in the OP is accepted

The problem I think is that yeah these characters scale to Hakari in overall speed scaling but the issue is then saying they now scale to that calc. We have Maki who is considered equal to Toji, Toji is considered truly superhuman by Yuki's words, Yuki scales to Kenjaku, Kenjaku is probably faster than Hakari, now Maki scales to that but Maki also can only scale to where we've seen her which is just about mach 3.

We can't just handle Maki later, her scaling interacts with others scaling, by a great amount. And since you bring up how we don't all agree with the Sukuna 10% we should get that addressed shouldn't we? CRTs shouldn't be meant for the portion of scaling that follows, if there's a problem in the scaling web then we gotta address it.

Last edited:
Even ignoring that for a minute:

URUAME who has been described as a “monster” by the characters and who is literally fighting Hakari

Described piercing blood (Mach 1 speed) as “being fast.”

Like we either gotta go with the Mach statements or we gotta ignore them entirely. There’s no in between here, we either ignore the statements or we take them as is because trying to work around them like now is honestly really confusing to the scaling.
I am in agreement with this. We’re ignoring canon statements and trying to change it to fan calculations with assumptions.
  • Hakari took two more lightning bolts after this one where he didnt have any semblance of reaction, dude got cracked.
  • The Maki stuff that y’all can’t argue and keep trying to ignore or avoid. Maki’s a top tier character in physical attributes and she had some issues with Mach 3.
Also, are there any other calculations to support a massive jump in Tiers?

I am in agreement with this. We’re ignoring canon statements and trying to change it to fan calculations with assumptions.
  • Hakari took two more lightning bolts after this one where he didnt have any semblance of reaction, dude got cracked.
  • The Maki stuff that y’all can’t argue and keep trying to ignore or avoid. Maki’s a top tier character in physical attributes and she had some issues with Mach 3.
To my knowledge, there are a couple but they would only apply to Gojo, Sukuna, and CT use Kashimo respectively.

There’s some possible FTL like nonsense that just occurred in the recent chapters, but other than that to my knowledge there is a calc involving Sukuna reacting to Hollow Purple being MHS+ and there is also a relativistic calc involving Gojo’s perception speed.

To my knowledge, there are a couple but they would only apply to Gojo, Sukuna, and CT use Kashimo respectively.

There’s some possible FTL like nonsense that just occurred in the recent chapters, but other than that to my knowledge there is a calc involving Sukuna reacting to Hollow Purple being MHS+ and there is also a relativistic calc involving Gojo’s perception speed.
Are any of them accepted? I’m aware of this FTL bullshit but I guarantee you it won’t pass.

One of those lightning bolts was a surprise attack he couldn't see coming, the other one he got hit with he is shown reacting to in slow-mo as it courses through his brain which he also purposefully heals through as its hurting him. By the way, Hakari would still be scaling below them in speed so getting tagged with them should be fine.

Maki currently doesn't scale to Hakari, 15F Sukuna, Gojo, Yuki, or Kenjaku. Nor Ryu or Yuta who should be dropped from the OP anyway, so her having issues with Mach 3 (which she later was able to contend with pretty easily), shouldn't stop the rest

I think the same kind of arguments that were used to counter the OP will be used to counter scaling Maki to 15F Sukuna

One of them is Maki being equal to Toji who's a 3F Sukuna speed level.

Maki saying that since Kenjaku could handle Yuki and Choso, he will give them a hard time while Gojo was about to blitz and kill Kenjaku shortly but 15F Sukuna blocked him, Gojo decided to back off because he doesn't want to fight Sukuna now (basically 15F Sukuna is far above Kenjaku)

Are any of them accepted? I’m aware of this FTL bullshit but I guarantee you it won’t pass.
I think the calc for Gojo’s perception speed doesn’t have any issues with it but other than that I don’t think any other calc is accepted.

The tweet for the 3.7 kilometer statement is broken. Where's the 3.7 figure from
Initially they tried to figure out the distance from how the places look in the manga as it seemed to be based on irl places

Then many chapters after that Sukuna said it came from nearly 4km

Can we have the discussion of the validity of this calc done somewhere separate? Like in the comments for the calc?

And the statement of the distance being just under 4km comes from Chapter 234, Page 10. While the same people who did the twitter link have a reddit one as well that can be used.

So what is the calculation calculating? The distance I see from Sukuna's initial vision to the attack is 60.43849 meters.

What's this 3639.56151 distance about?

The calc's premise is that the attack moved 3.7 KILOMETERS before Sukuna could react.

It's ignoring the manga stating Sukuna was unable to sense the attack until it was right in front of him. So he didn't actually do anything until the attack was 60 meters in front of him. Hence the massively overblown Mach 1000 result.

2462e5ee5422cdd12be139c4bedbe9a4.png

Isn't there any other calculation method that would give lower results, because uk if its possible to reconcile between the feat and statements it would be better than completely throwing off the calc

Edit: Im talking about Hakari's calc not this thing

The calc's premise is that the attack moved 3.7 KILOMETERS before Sukuna could react.

It's ignoring the manga stating Sukuna was unable to sense the attack until it was right in front of him. So he didn't actually do anything until the attack was 60 meters in front of him. Hence the massively overblown Mach 1000 result.

So said calc is wrong

Thank you

Isn't there any other calculation method that would give lower results, because uk if its possible to reconcile between the feat and statements it would be better than completely throwing off the calc

Edit: Im talking about Hakari's calc not this thing
The lightning calc? Just use electricity instead of a lightning bolt and you’d get some consistent results.

Okay, since even though she isn't involved in any of this scaling but the opposition keeps insisting on dragging this out, give me a bit and I'll fully respond as to why the Maki stuff shouldn't be a problem in the first place.

So what is the calculation calculating? The distance I see from Sukuna's initial vision to the attack is 60.43849 meters.

What's this 3639.56151 distance about?
It’s calculating the speed of Hollow Purple,

Only instead of using 1 second as the time-frame, it’s using .01 seconds as the time-frame because of Sukuna’s reaction time. That’s how they got 3639 m/s

I agree that it shouldn't be a problem, she's a 3F Sukuna speed level, 15F Sukuna was clearly shown to be above anyone in the series except Gojo

Ill clear up the confusion regarding this calc when I get back on pc. But the premise is that that giant ass Hollow Purple traveled most of the distance between Gojo and Sukuna before he could react. Whether he could sense it or not is irrelevant since sensing is only used for predicting an attack. He still had his sights set on Gojo. The 60 meters iirc is the distance Hollow Purple was from Sukuna before he had time to finally react.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back