• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

0-3LH7Dsb2iyORb.png

Geto in there....
ares-god-of-war.gif

It's basically the deep edit to falling down but the joke is he was cut out of the picture out of frame

It's basically the deep edit to falling down but the joke is he was cut out of the picture out of frame

People talking about Gege hating Gojo, but I think he hated Kashimo more.

1. Reveals him to be the strongest in the Edo Period, around the same time as another Six Eyes and Limitless user.

2. Have his CT be hyped up for being used on Sukuna.

And what happens to him?

1. He gets extreme diffed by a teenager with a gambling addiction.

2. Shows off his technique for all but two seconds before getting turned into an Eggo Waffle by a weakened Sukuna, barely contributing shit.

3. Doesn't even get shown in the finale picture of the manga

almost forgot so a bit late, it was a wonderful ride, loved this series even tho i literally got spoiled about everything when i was an anime only but hey, i genuinely loved it, so thanks gege for writing this wonderful manga that most fans will never forget

the sukuna conclusion was also epic, loved it, 8/10

People talking about Gege hating Gojo, but I think he hated Kashimo more.

1. Reveals him to be the strongest in the Edo Period, around the same time as another Six Eyes and Limitless user.

2. Have his CT be hyped up for being used on Sukuna.

And what happens to him?

1. He gets extreme diffed by a teenager with a gambling addiction.

2. Shows off his technique for all but two seconds before getting turned into an Eggo Waffle by a weakened Sukuna, barely contributing shit.

3. Doesn't even get shown in the finale picture of the manga
Kashimo deserved better. Yeah, he was a bit of an ass but he still technically helped save the damn world by fighting Sukuna.

The amount of shit missing that could’ve been touched on in the ending is disturbing
1. Plot lines randomly introduced near the end of the story that made it seem like possibly a sequel was coming or atleast building up to something more, but no, nothing

2. Megumi was completely wasted as a character. Never saw his “potential” and his character development is dogshit

3. Nobara disappearing for half the story and essentially wasting her character entirely

4. Spending the last chapters mostly covering on side characters from the culling games

5. Gojo’s death is not talked about or mentioned a single time and it is extremely weird. No one seems to give a flying **** about him being gone

6. The ending to Sukuna vs Yuji was… anticlimactic to the say least, and should’ve been much longer

But.. but.. the buddhism...
GEGE, Where are my Nieztsche,Umineko and Drake and Josh references?!? 😭😭😭
On another hand Sukuna's ending was pretty satisfying. Gojo feels like a distant memory tho, i can barely remeber his gorgeous shiny face. Final battle as a whole felt pretty enjoyable, even if at times i wished Sukuna had a health bar, since he felt like an endless damage sponge who shrugged off instant kill hits after instant kill hits with no real visible damage sometimes. The series did have one of the most interesting power systems, really enjoyed following it.

I've given you several statements and tried explaining the narrative to you. You disagree. Don't talk like I haven't given you anything, you're just unsatisfied with what I have said.
Your claim was that Maki is faster than Kenjaku and would beat Kenjaku. Your evidence is that Toji was stated to be "superhuman" in physicals one time.... come on bro
He deadass mentioned Hig and Kashimo and one student, Yuta. How are you getting that it's to contrast Maki from the students? And this scene literally talks about how these characters represent the peaks of Jujutsu. you're just biased and making it plainly obvious.
This is just dishonest, I'm obviously referring to the students side of things - like the good guys not literally the people who are students of jujutsu academy. My reasoning for bringing up the distinction was that it's about a group that doesn't include Kenjaku or anyone beyond that group, which is what I focused on in my argument, making a semantic disagreement like this is a joke. Anyway, please again show why this statement AT ALL includes Kenjaku.
You're not asking for evidence, you're making me do a pointless task. We've both read the manga, you know what the manga says about Maki's senses. I don't need to go collect the stuff you already read just for you to argue and downplay her senses like you already did.
I did ask for evidence, you can call it a "pointless task" but you simply can't prove your claims and are trying to make it some negative thing for me to point out as if that isn't argumentation 101.
Because this wasn't about feats? I told this from the start. Going off feats kinda defeats the purpose, that's why I try to explain the portrayal but you disagree.
"Maki lacks feats to support this"
"Maki has feats!"
"what are those feats?"
"THIS ISN'T ABOUT FEATS"

okay...
Yeah and I disagree with this interpretation. Sukuna's statement, Yuki's statement and Maki's senses together make it out to be Maki's portrayal is that of a superior superhuman compared to sorcerers.
You're just repeating your conclusion without engaging with the conversation revolving around these statements or substantiating why your interpretation is more accurate or likely to the source material over mine whilst I have done so.
You're leaving out the part where she said "truly". She doesn't say he's just superhuman. No one you mentioned was called truly superhuman. No one said top 3. Kashimo's not called superhuman, it's said his body has surpassed the limits of mankind IN reference to his body now being able to generate any phenomena that can be created through electricity. In no way is it meant to tell us Kashimo is superior to anyone like Maki's portrayal is. Yuji's demon god statement is IN reference to Yuji's newly gained control of his ce, not his speed, not his strength, not his senses, he isn't compared to sorcerers. It's laughable because you're viewing it by itself and that allows you to dismiss the interpretation.

Again for the last time, this is about Maki's speed and sense allowing her to move faster than other's not that she's gonna blitz everyone around, not that's she and Toji are top 3.
"truly" just puts emphasis, doesn't give it any new meaning, and I've already went over the context of the conversation to highlight why Yuki would use it in that way, you know the same way we can do the same for all the other statements of superhuman ability in the manga? Either way, I looked up the raws, and "truly" isn't even there, YUKI ONLY SAYS SUPERHUMAN 💀

So lets see Arkenis come up with new cope as to why this doesn't change anything!

JJK fans are truly some of the most brainrotted fans in history. Can’t beat JoJo’s fans tho. Those mfs didn’t even know how a refrigerator worked
This legitimately has to be the most bipolar fanbase in all of history. Between the comparisons to MHA and AoT's endings, people seething about Gojo and ignoring what his character was about, and everyone thinking that you're not allowed to have an opinion on the ending that isn't "it was bad/it was good/it was rushed/it should of never ended"

The lobotomy has gotten so powerful that both the western and eastern fans are on the same wavelength.

This legitimately has to be the most bipolar fanbase in all of history. Between the comparisons to MHA and AoT's endings, people seething about Gojo and ignoring what his character was about, and everyone thinking that you're not allowed to have an opinion on the ending that isn't "it was bad/it was good/it was rushed/it should of never ended"
Gege just got effect lmao. Surprised no one's compared to it to older shonens.

The lobotomy has gotten so powerful that both the western and eastern fans are on the same wavelength.
If both are doing it that means there's consensus on the ending not being well received. Nothing wrong with it not being the best ending. People are dragging it definitely, it does feel half done or like Gege just wanted to be done with it.

Surprised no one's compared to it to older shonens.
It's only being compared to Bleach at the moment. Since, y'know, Kubo being the inspiration, and the fact the ending reeks of "I'm gonna let some poor third party shmuck make a light novel that solves every plotline and ties everything together"

If both are doing it that means there's consensus on the ending not being well received. Nothing wrong with it not being the best ending. People are dragging it definitely, it does feel half done or like Gege just wanted to be done with it.
For as much as it’s being dragged it’s def not being dragged to the level of MHA which became a laughingstock on social media for weeks straight.

JJK is kinda just mixed and it has plenty of defenders

Back