• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

dead-my-honest-reaction.gif

Can we just list this shit as Kamutoke? 😭
done

Supreme Martial Solution isn't even a solid translation of Kamutoke

The real hot take is listing "juryoku" as cursed power instead of cursed energy

@Rosa knows all about why this is better. Everyone send this message to @Rosa 's message wall so he can see it, because he feels very strongly about "Juryoku" and translating it as "cursed power," to the point where he calls it "juryoku" in a debate

Last edited:
Funny even though Geto was a bum, he still had a cursed spirit that can spam a domain which can affect Toji, where normally barriers don't recognize other things inside the domain without cursed energy.

It only works for them because their technique specifically allows them to construct objects
Yea but it's something only Yorozu and Mai can do because of their CT, it shouldn't be listed under an ability that aplies to the entire verse

Edit: Got speedblitzed twice
Only characters with creation technique should be able to do it because of how it works otherwise anyone would have created cursed tools
I know only they can do it, I still think it should be on page to represent the extent of binding vows, that's why I put "Though not done by most".
I can change that to "Only those with construction techniques".

Also What do ya think of Yorozu being part of the Zenin clan and Mai inherited her ct?

I know only they can do it, I still think it should be on page to represent the extent of binding vows, that's why I put "Though not done by most".
I can change that to "Only those with construction techniques".

Also What do ya think of Yorozu being part of the Zenin clan and Mai inherited her ct?
Zenin clan took in other clans so it has variety of CT it wouldn't be surprising if they took in someone from Yorozu Bloodline.

Most likely true, that or Mai and Maki's mom is decended from Yorozu's clan. Since we know CT are inherited that's the only real means for the techinque to be shared
Pretty much
ZENIN FAMILY
“You are not a jujutsu sorcerer if you are not from the Zenin clan. You are not human if you are not a jujutsu sorcerer.”

As the satirical words of a certain Heian era aristocrat suggests, this is a clan that has gained an unshakeable position in history by taking in and bringing together jujutsu sorcerers with powerful techniques into their family. That is the Zenin Family. Therefore, the strength of this family lies in their multiple inherited techniques, such as Projection Sorcery and the Ten Shadows Technique. On the other hand, those who do not inherit the inherited technique are treated as an outcast, even if they are blood relatives.

Also, something I recently thought about the Soul Split Katana Mai made for Maki was whether or not Mai ever knew about the original one that Toji had. Because while it isn't impossible she could've learned about it, I wonder if instead Soul Split Katana is the natural result of making a Cursed Tool out of a twin. We know that cursed energy considers twins essentially one in the same and the Soul Split Katana can only properly be wielded by one who can understand the contours of the soul. So it's possible that either someone with a curse techinque that related to cutting in a way similar to Sukuna's embedded it into a curse tool or someone capable of making curse tools created the Soul Split katana and either way that person understood the contours of the soul. If that's true then the original creator of the OG Soul Split Katana would've through some means came to understand the soul and one of the means to get this understanding is through being a twin.

Tldr. Twins creating cursed tools naturally come to the conclusion of something like the Soul Split Katana.

Most likely true, that or Mai and Maki's mom is decended from Yorozu's clan. Since we know CT are inherited that's the only real means for the techinque to be shared
I disagree, because I don't think it's the actual same technique

So they have the same name and they have the same result, but the effect is different. First of all, Yorozu does it through the liquid metal, while Mai doesn't. Secondly when Yorozu constructs stuff it looks like this:

While Mai's construction effects look like this, and the effect is kinda pixelated:

Inherited cursed techniques have effects that look identical, like projection sorcery

So they have the same name and they have the same result, but the effect is different. First of all, Yorozu does it through the liquid metal, while Mai doesn't. Secondly when Yorozu constructs stuff it looks like this:

While Mai's construction effects look like this, and the effect is kinda pixelated:

Inherited cursed techniques have effects that look identical, like projection sorcery

Yorozu uses liquid metal because she's smarter than Mai and because she's better built for Cursed Energy. That's not really a knock against them being related since Mai is explicity a stunted sorcerer and Yorozu creates the liquid metal with her ct then manipulates it to further create constructs to cut down on the shit efficiency of construction.

And finally, we do see that pixel effect with Yorozu. In fact, we see it in a situation just like when Mai creates the SSK. When Yorozu creates Supreme Martial Solution for Sukuna.

19.jpg

Yorozu's creation is also pixelated when she created a cursed tool

Back