• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

So we all agree that the manga-related information from the Fanbook is a secondary canon material and can be used, right?
Basically everything you need to powerscale is accepted, just don't bring up a weird shit like "Yuji being a firefighter vs Natsu" or "T-shirts look better on Yuji than hoodies"

This is still wrong
How is it erroneous? You and your friend concluded that the contents still contain unrelated irrelevant personal opinions and interviews, this is for sure an evidence that not all answers are straightforward. And later on, you both concluded that it will be obviously analyzed carefully which one is canon and which is not.

And this was my whole premise, claiming it is canon was wrong (or could simply be a misunderstanding, since my definition differs to yours)

It literally has 40+ keywords of “think” and others, and let alone many others that will be obviously dependent on context. It nowhere is “wrong”; even the forward page mentions it will be included. This can't be a first canon, sure I concluded on secondary canon.

Our standard approach is to not regard authorial statements and interviews as canon due to Death of the Author
I am not to blame for you taking my words under a different meaning from my own intention, the original topic was STATE OF CANONICITY not LEVEL OF CANONICITY, all this talk about First canonicity or second is irrelevant to this
No, it is whether it is canon or not. In our standards, canon is defined as first canon (or other word primary canon)
This isn't in reference to any prior message of yours
This was a question, not a claim. Actually referring to the first page of the fanbook, and not the content inside it
(and the evidence is that I later checked on it, and dropped the instances)

As for "100% claim"; @Shey and @YukaSama4
Since I want to be honest and know if I saw it correctly or not, I spoke with a moderator – I apologize, it was my fault, and I thought someone claimed it for some reason, but it turns out it wasn't, and I'm feeling a little dopy. So I will drop this entirely.
Altho, to simply not being confused, my entire “canon” mentions refers to what the standards currently set.
So we all agree that the manga-related information from the Fanbook is a secondary canon material and can be used, right?
Ya I do agree. I was arguing against it being primary canonicity as I misunderstood it from others when they said it is canon. Also; fanbook do have a general definition which also causes my confusion.

How is it erroneous? You and your friend concluded that the contents still contain unrelated irrelevant personal opinions and interviews, this is for sure an evidence that not all answers are straightforward. And later on, you both concluded that it will be obviously analyzed carefully which one is canon and which is not.

And this was my whole premise, claiming it is canon was wrong (or could simply be a misunderstanding, since my definition differs to yours)

It literally has 40+ keywords of “think” and others, and let alone many others that will be obviously dependent on context. It nowhere is “wrong”; even the forward page mentions it will be included. This can't be a first canon, sure I concluded on secondary canon.
You said most of the answers are like that, and this is wrong, and if your method is simply searching a word in a +100 pages fanbook then you are really not good enough and this is not accepted here

But most of the answers of fanbook are like that. If you are focusing on the definition of “most of”; it simply implies that not each statement is taken as straightforward is my point.

Sure, I can still say "some of the answers" if you want; but it really not my focus or premise of the argument.

But most of the answers of fanbook are like that. If you are focusing on the definition of “most of”; it simply implies that not each statement is taken as straightforward is my point.
You see thats why we are saying that you're being dishonest on purpose, no not Most of the answers are like that, I quoted a full profile Q&A above and showed how this is not true, u just searched some words that you will find in every databook that contains a Q&A then copied the results, which is an absurd way to rely on

Most of something literally means that the majority of it is like that, more than half of it is like that, which is extremely incorrect and dishonest

no not Most of the answers are like that, I quoted a full profile Q&A above and showed how this is not true, u just searched some words that you will find in every databook that contains a Q&A then copied the results, which is an absurd way to rely on
Change the part "most of the answers" to "some of the answers" and my original implication will stay the same. The argument was if all answers are straightforward; in fact they are not, and I pointed out.

Kinda pointless to argue since we both conclude that this fanbook indeed contains those and won't be taken into consideration.

Change the part "most of the answers" to "some of the answers" and my original implication will stay the same. The argument was if all answers are straightforward; in fact they are not, and I pointed out.

Kinda pointless to argue since we both conclude that this fanbook indeed contains those and won't be taken into consideration.
No one here was going to bring a CRT on which movies did Yuji watch, our whole point was using info from the fanbook to scale the characters based on it.

Most of something literally means that the majority of it is like that, more than half of it is like that
Sure, noted. I will be more precise on my wording and output my implications while discussing. Altho; I thought this should be taken as metaphorical to imply the refutation, but I don't think everyone views the same, I suppose.

No one here was going to bring a CRT on which movies did Yuji watch, our whole point was using info from the fanbook to scale the characters based on it.
Then my whole point was whether it is canon as in primary or secondary. Seems misinterpretation/miscommunication from my side and yours.

Last edited:
Sure, noted. I will be more precise in my wording and output my implications while discussing. Altho; I thought this should be taken as metaphorical to imply the refutation, but I don't think everyone views the same.
Then my whole point was whether it is canon as in primary or secondary. Seems misunderstanding from my side and yours.
I don't think it was like that, but anyways we now agree on this matter so no worries

Our standard approach is to not regard authorial statements and interviews as canon due to Death of the Author
This sounds like an issue with unreliability or absurdity of claims by the author which is not the case here
No, it is whether it is canon or not. In our standards, canon is defined as first canon (or other word primary canon)
If it's canon is canon, stop with "Our standards" the Canon page doesn't solely define canon as "First canon" that's not even the point
This was a question, not a claim. Actually referring to the first page of the fanbook, and not the content inside it
(and the evidence is that I later checked on it, and dropped the instances)
That couldn't be referring to the first page because the message talks about " answers" which are not present within that first page and are within the main body of the book.

As for "100% claim"; @Shey and @YukaSama4
Since I want to be honest and know if I saw it correctly or not, I spoke with a moderator – I apologize, it was my fault, and I thought someone claimed it for some reason, but it turns out it wasn't, and I'm feeling a little dopy. So I will drop this entirely.
It's like 1AM here too, good night
Altho, to simply not being confused, my entire “canon” mentions refers to what the standards currently set.
I don't think my definition of canon in this discussion is differing from the sites standards though .

This sounds like an issue with unreliability or absurdity of claims by the author which is not the case here
I suppose; I did not check the entire fanbook to judge it. But this is how the standards here approaches.
If it's canon is canon, stop with "Our standards" the Canon page doesn't solely define canon as "First canon" that's not even the point
Actually it does: in the first section as well:
Canon is a term used to designate works that are generally accepted as the genuine work that apply to the fictional verse. With few possible exceptions only canon material is featured in the character pages, with non-canon material to be ignored.
The generally agreed-upon definition is that the work by the original author and creator of the fictional setting is canonical, unless the author or the copyright holder declares otherwise. Few other exceptions are also possible and should be noted on the verse page.

The primary canon is the source material first released (with few possible exceptions), with the other author works being secondary canon.
It even excludes this type of work to be “canon” and labelled as “exceptional” which is later on once again referenced as secondary canon.
So as I said, it simply was miscommunication.
That couldn't be referring to the first page because the message talks about " answers" which are not present within that first page and are within the main body of the book.
The message actually talks in general tone, and regarding the forward page. But I will move on.
It's like 1AM here too, good night
2 am here.
I don't think my definition of canon in this discussion is differing from the sites standards though .
I suppose

I suppose; I did not check the entire fanbook to judge it. But this is how the standards here approaches.
Maybe have a good idea about something before judging it, I don't believe the standards here support ignorance
Actually it does: in the first section as well:

It even excludes this type of work to be “canon” and labelled as “exceptional” which is later on once again referenced as secondary canon.
It doesn't it defines canon as such; Canon is a term used to designate works that are generally accepted as the genuine work that apply to the fictional verse.

Anything from Primary canon to tertiary canon can fall under this. Primary canon doesn't seldom define "Canon"
The message actually talks in general tone, and regarding the forward page.
It talks about all answers in a general tone yeah?, That's where the problem was at

It doesn't it defines canon as such; Canon is a term used to designate works that are generally accepted as the genuine work that apply to the fictional verse.

Anything from Primary canon to tertiary canon can fall under this. Primary canon doesn't seldom define "Canon"
Agree to disagree, but my interpretation from the standards denotes that “canon” is primary canon as the definition and the primary canon both means the same. Altho, after seeing it again now, I am wrong since other types of canon do fall under "canon but different" scheme. So you are right.
It talks about all answers in a general tone yeah?, That's where the problem was at
Ya I suppose? But later on, I clarified to not be the case.

Ya I suppose? But later on, I clarified to not be the case.
The issue with that is that couldn't be the case because it directly expresses what's it's in reference to and that being answers within the book, there's nothing about that within the foreword page either

The issue with that is that couldn't be the case because it directly expresses what's it's in reference to and that being answers within the book, there's nothing about that within the foreword page either
It is not wrong; but simply designates that it can't be used as primary canon since it contains other elements that have no relevancy to the timeline. I do agree its being canon for more reasons (mostly by you and the fact I checked how the original looks like). I guess if I am allowed to say, my primary issue with it being outright labelled as first canonicity which later in the case you both clarified not to be your intention.

I’ve updated the profile I have in works for Sukuna. Still needs just a little work but I think it’s nearly it’s revision.

I just need a new damn rendered picture for Meguna my god 🗿🗿

A question
"The cooperation of all the past Jujutsu masters succeeded in killing Sukuna. However, he was too strong to be destroyed entirely. Due to this, to this day remains of 20 indestructible fingers, preserved in grave wax, traversed the ages as cursed objects coveted by many."

When it was stated that sorcerers killed him in the heian era?

Quick question about Gojo. So, when he perceived 3 years in a single minute when Geto showed up again, how fast would that be and can it even be used as a speed feat, or just reaction time?

Back