• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

I already showed a scan for Sukuna saying his CE output gets lower and lower when he tries to harm Maki and Yuji, movements seems to be fine isn't changing anything at all and Maki would not scale to 15F Sukuna
Why are you ignoring everything I said? That’s a very odd thing to do especially when I said this doesn’t change the argument I made.

She hurt Meguna did she not? Meguna’s CE doesn’t fluctuate when he’s not attacking yes? So she scales to Meguna. Along with all the other stuff I mentioned but honestly this alone is enough.

Sukuna in that very same panel states Yuji would be easy to take down and we know Yuji is stronger than 1.5f Sukuna and Sukuna even states that his CE is fluctuating so he used his CT on the ground but because his physical movement was doing fine he square punched Maki in the face since that wasn’t being affected. So this would definitely be more in reference to his CT rather than his overall physical capabilities with CE.

But sure dude, let’s say it that way too, still doesn’t take away from a number of my points such as how Maki hurt Sukuna meaning her physical AP is comparable to 15f Sukuna (same with her speed as well), or how Meguna said she wasn’t an easy opponent to take down (again making her comparable to 15f Sukuna), and other such things I could bring up like how cursed spirit Naoya is more durable than Hanami who’s far more durable than Jogo. So like eh. Still proves Maki and Toji>>Jogo.
Maki isn't easy to take down yes? That Sukuna was nerfed, she's not easy to take down, despite being nerfed he still punched her and harmed her and threw hands with her, 15F Sukuna would destroy Maki

Maki isn't easy to take down yes? That Sukuna was nerfed, she's not easy to take down, despite being nerfed he still punched her and harmed her and threw hands with her, 15F Sukuna would destroy Maki
For Sukuna she’s not. And he made that statement in reference to her taking down a stronger Nue, so he’s clearly referencing in comparison to his own power. So she’d still scale regardless because of that statement along with all the other stuff I mentioned you weirdly left out.

Why are you ignoring everything I said? That’s a very odd thing to do especially when I said this doesn’t change the argument I made.

She hurt Meguna did she not? Meguna’s CE doesn’t fluctuate when he’s not attacking yes? So she scales to Meguna. Along with all the other stuff I mentioned but honestly this alone is enough.
Can u show a scan where Sukuna was just standing and she was able to hurt him? Because I don't remember this unless it was during a combat similar to this one, because we know that his output gets lower when he tries to engage with his friends, but when he was fully on defensive, one hand was enough to block each one of them.
For Sukuna she’s not. And he made that statement in reference to her taking down a stronger Nue, so he’s clearly referencing in comparison to his own power. So she’d still scale regardless because of that statement along with all the other stuff I mentioned you weirdly left out.
No his output was getting lower when he is attacking them, that's why she survived Nue

Also dude, we aren't in a battle, just because I didn't notice something doesn't mean I left it there on purpose so stop repeating this

Can u show a scan where Sukuna was just standing and she was able to hurt him? Because I don't remember this unless it was during a combat similar to this one, because we know that his output gets lower when he tries to engage with his friends, but when he was fully on defensive, one hand was enough to block each one of them.
Nope.

Sukuna’s output gets lower when he’s “hurting” his friends. There’s a big difference between attacking and defending. And nothing says Sukuna’s CE output fluctuates when he’s tanking hits from others.
No his output was getting lower when he is attacking them, that's why she survived Nue
This says nothing about Nue’s output since that’s a Shikigami separate from Megumi’s body. And Sukuna didn’t mention anything about Nue being weakened, something he would know if it had been, he only mentioned how strong Maki was for taking it down. What you’re saying is completely unfounded.

Also dude, we aren't in a battle, just because I didn't notice something doesn't mean I left it there on purpose so stop repeating this
it was a quote to someone else who actually did weirdly ignore everything I said which coincidentally also fit perfectly as a response to you. Be more efficient that way.

When he's hurting his allies it's referring to engaging them, I'm not sure why you're repeating this when it was shown very clearly that his 10% output is enough to cause Maki bleed from her mouth and keep up with her in a physical combat, also the amount of damage a CT can deal depends on your total CE and CE output, which is the reason Nue was bigger in the first place, so if Sukuna's output gets lower when he tries to hurt his allies, the Shikigamis will have the same thing.

If you still insist on this go and make a CRT and ask to scale Maki to 15F Sukuna, maybe even to Malevolent shrine feats as well because this convo isn't gonna go anywhere when you are acting like this just because I didn't notice sth in a post which then I did reply to it immediately when you referred to it.

017a9b12c4a3dcc2dba90d3cce8acd3d.png

This is outdated and bad formatted. Thus, I am asking for current power of the verse. And my idea was like this.

125c08a90b7afcaaadb3a5c7115dc918.png

When he's hurting his allies it's referring to engaging them,
It literally says nothing like in the series and you can’t prove this interpretation. “Hurting” can only mean attacking here and not defending unless said otherwise so no she’d still scale to Sukuna for harming him but…

Sure I’ll make a CRT upgrading Maki, we’re fixing the verse anyway so better get the AP right.

Gimme a minute

Technically speaking, ya, but it also needs to be a bit precise, and not simply faulty made like the current one.

Since everyone seems to ignore my request, I guess creating a new discussion thread will be ideal

It literally says nothing like in the series and you can’t prove this interpretation. “Hurting” can only mean attacking here and not defending unless said otherwise so no she’d still scale to Sukuna for harming him but…

Sure I’ll make a CRT upgrading Maki, we’re fixing the verse anyway so better get the AP right.

Gimme a minute
Not sure whether this has been cleared or not, I got tired reading through the previous pages.
When Sukuna refers to Physical Movement he's talking about Megumi's ability to restrict his movement and somewhat take control of his body back like Itadori would, Megumi can't do that so Sukuna notes his physical movement is fine but since his CE Output is still shit, he can't amp his Physicals to his normal levels obviously hindering his Speed and Strength.

Unrelated to that "Special Grade 1" is an Unofficial form of Grade 1, it does not denote superiority to the common Grade 1 Sorcerer rank, this is said in Fanbook

Fanbook is canon? And if yes, may I see the evidence?
I don't know what you're thinking but Fanbook means an Info Book on JJK written by Gege Akutami for the fans and here

Naobito's section
Q: He lives in Kyoto right? Why did he come all the way to Tokyo Shibuya to fight?
A: Special Grade 1 sorcerer refers to those outside of the technical school system (ungraded active sorcerers) whose power is considered Grade 1. So Naobito often comes to Tokyo to help out. (The paychecks are huge
)

I have read it, and I asked a very straightforward question, is it canon? You said it's fanbook which is made for fans to understand the story.

I have read it, and I asked a very straightforward question, is it canon? You said it's fanbook which is made for fans to understand the story.
And how would that make it non-canon? The author himself wrote it, and he explained many manga scenes, characters info, jujutsu/cursed techniques, and many other things.

Because it is never stated by author to be canon to the story? You can create a fanbook, and it's not necessary to make it canon?

Author can create something does not always imply its canon to the story automatically and by default.

Because it is never stated by author to be canon to the story? You can create a fanbook, and it's not necessary to make it canon?

Author can create something does not always imply its canon to the story automatically and by default.
Why don't you actually see the contents of the Fanbook before making further comments on it cause you're just talking with ignorance

So just like that we can say its someone’s else interpretation, an equal interpretation to mine or yours or any JJK reader on the planet

In matter of fact, even in the first page it is stated outright to be his personal opinion
The World Trigger and Kimetsu no Yaiba fan books brilliantly reflect their creators’ dedication to the core of their stories (in my subjective opinion). So what is the point of a Jujutsu Kaisen fan book that doesn’t have the densely elaborate foundations of World Trigger, or the intimate view into the world of Kimetsu no Yaiba?

When I thought about it, I came to the decision that it would be an utterly clean break from the bad blood with my very first editor. I’m not sure if that’s a sign of maturity or not.
Those who pick this fan book up might find their interest directed towards not only Jujutsu Kaisen, but towards Akutami Gege to some extent as well. In fact, I think more personal aspects emerge from this fan book more so than the usual manga volumes. If you’ve picked up this fan book on accident, please be careful.
Even the answers to the question are formulated as a personal answer.

You need to prove that this fanbook is official canon to the story.

His opinion is all what matters, if you interpret the story different than the author then its your problem not his, he's the one who made the story so he's the person whos more qualified to explain it

In matter of fact, even in the first page it is stated outright to be his personal opinion

In what way does this defeat its canonicity?

Also btw, the first quote hes referring to other mangas that's why he said in my subjective view,

How does this prove that fanbook is canon? This is not canoncity in vsbw works.
It pretty much is

"Canon is a term used to designate works that are generally accepted as the genuine work that apply to the fictional verse. With few possible exceptions only canon material is featured in the character pages, with non-canon material to be ignored.

The generally agreed-upon definition is that the work by the original author and creator of the fictional setting is canonical, unless the author or the copyright holder declares otherwise. Few other exceptions are also possible and should be noted on the verse page."

It's genuine work by Gege himself.
It directly gives info and sheds new light on unexplored detail in the main series.
Almost nothing contradictory stated.
Everything within it relating to the Series in question.

It's Canon

Because it never stated to be canon, and it's been stated to be a book for fans? And it is also being stated it is his own personal opinion and all answers are "I think; I interpret it" – personal sentences?

It is like author creating a fandom for the verse, and we should take it as “canon”, because author is being admin here?
So for most manga series, that means the original manga is canonical, while the anime is not (since the anime is simply an adaptation of the manga made by others). Databooks are considered secondary canon since scans tend to contradict them. It should be noted that this is often evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
The only thing that is being accepted as "canon" is databook, and not fanbook.

Back