• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Is more easy to Say that is better to just say''no headcanons''unless we are gonna argue with 0 proof about things faster than gojo reactions being able to pass infinity

Not necessarily.
A.) You have no idea how they actually take their life.
B.) You are discounting barrier users in combination with curse nullification.
Kenjaku already told us they take their lives, meaning that they can function within the Prison Realm. The specific method, such as biting their tongue, isn't important.
Curse nullification is extremely rare (only exists in a couple of weapons that were destroyed, and a resurrected Sorcerer from a thousand years ago). And the majority of barriers, such as Simple Domain, aren't passive.

I don't understand your point. You do realize that you can't exit freely from the void correct? You're shifting to a completely different concept now. The point of the cryo example is to display a real world comparison to what one could achieve IF they could exit freely in and out of the barrier. They can't. The literally whole point of them bringing it up is to highlight the dimension is timeless and that motion of the sort should not exist there. In a cryo tank this is done by cooling and preserving the bodies to minimal energy; in a timeless dimension this would ideally be perfect because no motion is possible as only space and matter exist.
We learn about the properties of the Prison Realm via. the hypothetical. If X happened in the Prison Realm, then Y would happen. In this case, someone leaving the Prison Realm from the inside should not progress time on the outside if it was a true timeless void.

I am not at all you are ignoring evidence. You can't just claim the "goodnight" part was poetic without offering counter evidence. It was inherently tied to sealing him in a timeless dimension and Kenjaku even states he'll awaken in about 100 years to 1000 years. When Gojo is sealed the eyes turn away and the cube goes blank. Flash forward a few seconds later and the cube drops and sprouts many eyes which is something that completely shocks Kenjaku. So very clearly, Kenjaku was not expecting these results, which is kind of dumb given your argument seeing as no person in history bar Sukuna would be strong enough to give more pause to than Gojo.

Kenjaku was clearly not expecting Gojo to maintain his ability to function within the realm based both on his verbiage, the fact that the realm is timeless, and based on his reaction and the subsequent portrayal of Gojo casually chilling in the realm unbothered. This whole scene highlights Kenjaku grabbing the W but not in the way he imagined with limitless clearly not needing time to function.
You claimed it was a clear reference, when it can easily mean something much more simpler. Providing a straight-forward and less convoluted alternative would be counter evidence.

A 'timeless' realm where regular Sorcerers can end their lives, but apparently they are incapable of functioning.

We don't have to throw speculations and we don't know whether Gojo's ability has anything to do with it; it is just temporary processing the Prison Realm sometimes does.

The skeletons can move in the realm because they have become curses and can no longer escape the cycle of Samsara which is what is meant by ""Jobutsu yuru eierou, an eternal prison that does not allow one to attain enlightenment.". Furthermore, they've also become curses which exists in an abstract realm outside of time, so I don't see why them moving in the realm as curses would have to do with when they were human. We have no clue how they killed themselves so it's an argument from ignorance to use this as evidence for the claim "people can just move and think in this timeless void that is called cold sleep".
And when Sorcerers/humans inside the realm end their lives, they are neither moving nor conscious?

How many characters would be affected based on your theory of time in JJK's mental worlds?
0160-006.png

0160-007.png

And was 0.2 second too short a time for Sukuna to kill Mahito in his supposedly timeless mental world?
0129-016.png
0129-017.png

Toji should get Poison Manipulation Resistance as he cannot get drunk, Fanbook states this and that's why his least favorite food is alcohol but I'm too tired to post the image.
Also Maki should get a Likely or straight up share the Resistance as it could be a side effect of being Physical Gifted through Heavenly Restriction

By 'automatic', do you mean that infinity:
1- Is subconscious
or
2- Can blocks attacks that Gojo can't detect
?

Based on Gojo's explanation, it is 1, so attacks too fast for his perception should bypass Infinity. His senses needs to recognize a threat first (based on mass, speed, shape, Cursed Energy, etc.), and younger Gojo said that he is having trouble identifying poisons. The process of identifying threats also puts stress on Gojo's brain, so he needs to constantly heal his brain to keep Infinity sustainable.

0076-009.png
0076-010.png

Of course this is not a weakness within JJK since Gojo is believed to be the fastest modern Sorcerer, and his Six Eyes (which is stated to be required to make full use of Limitless) improves his senses and perception.
But a theoretical much faster character, like one from an other verse, should bypass Infinity if he is too fast for Gojo's perception.
Came here searching for a discussion about the black hole feat and found this. 100% agree.

Idk how the discussion went after this point so i will just add other things:

1 - If it was actually passive (rather than automatic/subconscious) then he wouldn't need his brain much less Six Eyes to keep it up, it would be like having a wall where anything above a set value can't get through no matter what and no sorting much less a "fresh brain" would be needed.

2 - Gojo still has to sort things, even it didn't come from his brain anymore and the ability itself did it, it still takes time to identify a threat no matter how short that time is, so there is a speed limit.

Came here searching for a discussion about the black hole feat and found this. 100% agree.

Idk how the discussion went after this point so i will just add other things:

1 - If it was actually passive (rather than automatic/subconscious) then he wouldn't need his brain much less Six Eyes to keep it up, it would be like having a wall where anything above a set value can't get through no matter what and no sorting much less a "fresh brain" would be needed.

2 - Gojo still has to sort things, even it didn't come from his brain anymore and the ability itself did it, it still takes time to identify a threat no matter how short that time is, so there is a speed limit.
Lol

still saying that headcanons about gojo needing reaction to infinity is not a good idea.
considering that the explanation is more confusing

1 - If it was actually passive (rather than automatic/subconscious) then he wouldn't need his brain much less Six Eyes to keep it up,
Not exactly a defeater for it being passive, Cursed Techniques clearly have a lot to do with the Brain like having too many Cursed Techniques at once would overload the brain's memory said by Yuki , Limitless being almost always on would stress the brain by Ieri.
And he needs Six Eyes to minimize his Cursed Energy usage from keeping the Cursed Technique active

All it sounds like is that Gojo's infinity is passive with limits, which overall its essentially passive unless u target his mind or the heart.

I brought this up before but idk what you guys mean by reactions other than his reaction speed which is based off his sight. Gojo has stopped attacks without seeing them and only needing to sense them so unless the opponent also can't be sensed then i dont see how they get past besides higher forms of speed like infinite or immeasurable.

Not headcanon, the counter to it not being passive is literally "it was never stated to be limited to his perception speed"

In other words, NLF.

although in reality infinity is based on literally infinite distance or infinite series, and there is nothing that says that it depends on gojo's reaction for something to pass infinite, or even if infinity works like that.

although in reality infinity is based on literally infinite distance or infinite series, and there is nothing that says that it depends on gojo's reaction for something to pass infinite, or even if infinity works like that.
Infinity is literally stated to have to distinguish the targets, which is an action that takes time after it starts, no matter how small.

Also, infinite distance =/= infinite speed

Not headcanon, the counter to it not being passive is literally "it was never stated to be limited to his perception speed"

In other words, NLF.
The counter to it not being passive is that it is described as being always active, the definition of something being passive.

It is always around him, that's literally what he means when he says he has limitless active all the time. All Gojo has done is give his cursed technique conditions on what it takes into account.

All Gojo has done is give his cursed technique conditions on what it takes into account.
It isn't and this is the whole point, be it his brain or the ability itself, it has to distinguish the threats before actually putting an infinite distance between it and Gojo.

infinity is passive,what is not passive is gojo selecting certain things to stop.
If the infinite distance was passive then he wouldn't need to select things to stop?

It isn't and this is the whole point, be it his brain or the ability itself, it has to distinguish the threats before actually putting an infinite distance between it and Gojo.

If the infinite distance was passive then he wouldn't need to select things to stop?
The thing is, things stop on their own even when gojo isn't selecting them.
In other words, at no time in the series does Gojo have to activate infinity.

Kenjaku already told us they take their lives, meaning that they can function within the Prison Realm. The specific method, such as biting their tongue, isn't important.
Curse nullification is extremely rare (only exists in a couple of weapons that were destroyed, and a resurrected Sorcerer from a thousand years ago). And the majority of barriers, such as Simple Domain, aren't passive.
We still have no clue how they do it and if this method also grants leeway for activating cursed techniques.

You do realize that the gate itself utilizes cursed nullification correct? Gojo was nullified and physically incapacitated prior to being sent into the dimension meaning he had no time to activate the move before he was sealed inside the timeless dimension.
We learn about the properties of the Prison Realm via. the hypothetical. If X happened in the Prison Realm, then Y would happen. In this case, someone leaving the Prison Realm from the inside should not progress time on the outside if it was a true timeless void.
What? This is a bunch of word salad. We are directly given insight into its function. The whole point of comparison is to describe that the void will not allow for time to pass, hence why it is compared to "cold sleep" implying both physical and mental cessation. Which is contextualized in the story via the dialogue themed around slumber.
You claimed it was a clear reference, when it can easily mean something much more simpler. Providing a straight-forward and less convoluted alternative would be counter evidence.
No, I contextualized why that statement is indicative of its function. Address that and stop trying to side step the evidence.
A 'timeless' realm where regular Sorcerers can end their lives, but apparently they are incapable of functioning.
I don't know what these would be mutually exclusive. Are you contending that the realm is not supposed to be timeless despite Gojo's own words ("Physical time doesn't seem to be flowing" and the scans? Are you saying it's impossible for a certain condition to be that the only option they have is slumber or death? You're forcing a lot of conclusions and ignoring blatant evidence.
We don't have to throw speculations and we don't know whether Gojo's ability has anything to do with it; it is just temporary processing the Prison Realm sometimes does.

And when Sorcerers/humans inside the realm end their lives, they are neither moving nor conscious?

How many characters would be affected based on your theory of time in JJK's mental worlds?
0160-006.png

0160-007.png

And was 0.2 second too short a time for Sukuna to kill Mahito in his supposedly timeless mental world?
0129-016.png
0129-017.png
I'm not sure why you are showing me domains and barrier jutsu where time does explicitly pass.

This realm is blatantly special because of its property of not having time. The "innate domain" exist completely outside of time and we know this via Sukuna being able to talk to Yuji, the latter who had his heart ripped out, and was able to complete the deal to save Yuji despite him explicitly having physically died.

Last edited:
Also, while we're discussing Gojo, does anyone have the raws for his Unlimited Void information flooding?

I have been in more than one discussion saying it is a massive amount of info being repeated ad infinitum while other people say it is a straight up infinite amount of information.

Also, while we're discussing Gojo, does anyone have the raws for his Unlimited Void information flooding?

I have been in more than one discussion saying it is a massive amount of info being repeated ad infinitum while other people say it is a straight up infinite amount of information.
The viz says endless no?

[1] [2]

what ...
What happened to...
My domain...
You were overwhelmed?
area
SAG
I can't see anything.
Nothing.
I don't feel anything.
I don't...
Nothing.
I can see everything.
I see it!
Everything!
I feel it!
Forever.
Information is not complete!!!!
information is not complete!
therefore
I can't do anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This place is
unlimited
inside
Inside the infinite infinite
"Perception"
transmission
transmission

of living
the act of living
in the act of
the limit
Infinite times of work
coercion
forces
work
irony
Ironic, isn't it?
Suki
All of it.
given
When you're given
I can't do anything
But you...
I want to ask you something.
I have something to ask you.
That's about right.
That's about right.
Come on.
I'll give you a break.
give you
loose
Gently
I can't believe I'm going to die.

As we understand the .2 second domain expansion, the information doesn't come in infnitely or the person affected by the domain isn't absorbing infinite energy all at once, so its probably more endless than infinite.

Yeah its endless but extremely high in the amount transmitted though I wonder how potent this is compared to supercomputers and characters who are comparable to supercomputers in terms of info taking.

As we understand the .2 second domain expansion, the information doesn't come in infnitely or the person affected by the domain isn't absorbing infinite energy all at once, so its probably more endless than infinite.
I don't know which one is more powerful, the one from cosmo (chainsaw man) or from gojo.
because cosmos gives you a knowledge of everything

I'm foreseeing a Hella rushed unsatisfactory end cause there's so much we want to see and yet to see.
So many things need eleboration upon still also God tier AP feats when?

So let's imagine the scenario

The angel and Megumi kill Yuji and as a result Sukuna dies.

Yuta and Megumi fight and take down Kenjaku

Gojo kills himself inside the prison realm

Gege said out of the group (Gojo, Megumi, Yuji and Nobara) either one will stay alive and 3 will die or one is gonna die and the rest will stay alive, so we probably gonna have the first one

Back