• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Blitz indeed lost meaning these days
"Blitz" as in she was staring at that thing like a deer looking at a car's headlights before barely stopping it
"Oh lol, why didn't she just dodged" because its less cool
I'm not complaining about people in fiction catching bullets for rule of cool, it's just that Gege has Maki say bullets aren't meant to be touched like a general knowledge fact immediately afterwards while showing it damaged her hand which makes her look dumb for not dodging

"Blitz" as in she was staring at that thing like a deer looking at a car's headlights before barely stopping it
"Barely" okay
it's just that Gege has Maki say bullets aren't meant to be touched like a general knowledge fact immediately afterwards while showing it damaged her hand which makes her look dumb for not dodging
She probably just realized that after catching the bullet lol, but yeah, makes sense

IIRC Maki catching bullet feat didn't Gege said something about he wasn't intended to do that or something like she wasn't supposed?

From the Naobita statement, I don't think anyone besides Gojo and Sukuna has any feats above subsonic to supersonic before the Shibuya Incident (except for characters like Hakari and Miguel, who are not closely connected to Jujutsu society, or Kenjaku, Uraume, and Yuki, whose information was not available to the higher ups).

Naobita statement should only apply to characters whose information is available.

No, you don't. 32m/s is a perfectly fine speed. We use that value in verses like Mashle, Chainsaw Man, MHA and so on. No reason to change that with JJK

The method itself that its weird, since it uses the anime

If we do use calcs like that then we shouldn't, because it's a blatant example of hiding a calculation to do calc stacking. For some reason people seem to abide by the letter of the no-calc-stacking rule while not caring at all about the spirit (which is the fact that it results in hyperinflated values that only make sense if characters are dozens or hundreds of times faster than the person they're blitzing)

From the Naobita statement, I don't think anyone besides Gojo and Sukuna has any feats above subsonic to supersonic before the Shibuya Incident (except for characters like Hakari and Miguel, who are not closely connected to Jujutsu society, or Kenjaku, Uraume, and Yuki, whose information was not available to the higher ups).
The speed cap affects these characters until the SS timeskip training, during the CG arc unstacked Naoya was blitzing Choso and Yuji.

That's not the point though. Calc stacking isn't banned just because it's "using a fancalc for another fancalc", this is actually done all the time with size calcs used for AP/speed calcs and the like. It's banned because it results in inflated values because dude A blitzed Dude B or whatever instead of just saying "he got blitzed so he's unquantifiably faster". This is the reason why the concept of 'calc stacking' was initially conceived.

The speed cap affects these characters until the SS timeskip training, during the CG arc unstacked Naoya was blitzing Choso and Yuji.
I'm kind of curious. People use arguments like Yuta thought CG Yuji is fast (whom Naoya Blitzed without stack) to gate keep subsonic speed but listed same yuta as Supersonic+. May I know how this logic works?

I'm kind of curious. People use arguments like Yuta thought CG Yuji is fast (whom Naoya Blitzed without stack) to gate keep subsonic speed but listed same yuta as Supersonic+. May I know how this logic works?
Idk this profile and ratings suck balls

"He's the leading heavy hitter so he must be faster than Maki" Maybe this reasoning would work if this was DBZ Kaisen, but in JJK being "stronger" is a far broader concept than "numbers bigger".

IIRC @Arkenis your the one who updated his profile?
Explain how this shit works.

That's not the point though. Calc stacking isn't banned just because it's "using a fancalc for another fancalc", this is actually done all the time with size calcs used for AP/speed calcs and the like. It's banned because it results in inflated values because dude A blitzed Dude B or whatever instead of just saying "he got blitzed so he's unquantifiably faster". This is the reason why the concept of 'calc stacking' was initially conceived.
Again, using 32m/s is allowed, there were two or three threads about that kind of thing. Idk why you're making a big deal with such little thing

"He's the leading heavy hitters so he must be faster than Maki" Maybe this reasoning would work if this was DBZ Kaisen, but in JJK being "stronger" is a far broader concept than "numbers bigger".
That statement is for Shinjuku Showdown Yuta. And Shinjuku Showdown Yuta has far better feats than Maki against a better version of Sukuna. So I think it's usable to scale atleast relative to Maki (though obviously I think Yuta is faster overall. Not by large margin but to some extent)

Listing it in CG key is wrong. Because Yuta struggling with Yuji is used to Gatekeep speed for most people in CG arc.

"He's the leading heavy hitters so he must be faster than Maki" Maybe this reasoning would work if this was DBZ Kaisen, but in JJK being "stronger" is a far broader concept than "numbers bigger".
Yeah. The whole point about Maki’s character is that she is busted in physical capabilities and fight everyone using pure strength and speed. Maki was able to contend with unstacked Naoya much better than Yuji, Choso and consequently Yuta. Maki has her speed often praised, she keeps up with Sukuna, jumps on the air against him multiple times, asks Yuji if he can keep up with her because she knows she’s on a whole different level.

I’ve always said that I believe these characters are as fast as each other and there is no ridiculous difference in speed, and if someone’s faster, I’d say it’s her.

You need to take into account that Yuta was Domain amped and Sukuna was serious and trying harder against Maki.
Yeah sure but in chapter 249 Yuta was keeping up without Sukuna with Domain amp.
Chapter 252 Sukuna when his CE weakened compared to his first transformation (from Kashimo fight) was and had multiple injuries and Soul damage to the heart was already dodging Maki's attacks and even shown to be slightly faster than her.
16-GnVMKcafAueDZ-m.jpg

I agree Chapter 253 Sukuna at the end of Chapter become serious and blitzed her and cooked her. But output wise Sukuna one who fought Yuta should be in better condition than Maki initially fought in Chapter 252.

Sukuna's speed is shown to increase and decrease depends on his output. So Yuta obviously shown better feats idk.

Can we get some cgm to accept this?
The earthquake was probably caused by the falling pieces of rubble slamming the ground rather than the wall breaking punch and the propagation method doesn't really make sense (don't blame me I just copied LaserPrecision's calc) since the radiated waves formula is already finding the energy that propagates throughout the ground. A big wall falling from a dozen feet isn't enough to cause a magnitude 3.5 quake on its own (for reference, the North Tower falling from hundreds of meters caused a Magnitude 2.3 quake) so you could argue that Nanami imbuing his Cursed Energy into the rubble was the factor causing the earthquake

The next page is what matters not this one.
Next page is end of chapter 252.
I'm talking about feats Performed by Sukuna and Maki in chapter 252 itself
4-wgM01pMrG1nAP-m.jpg
5-n_sOtyf2hoGX2-m.jpg

He literally dodges attack of Maki and Makes up enough distance before Maki could react.

6-dGxSOEESGWjtZ-m.jpg
7-JzmdAKcqRT9ir-m.jpg

Sukuna whom Yuta had fought
Choso who couldn't even follow his movements and got blitzed, while Sukuna also seemed to blitz casually without any effort.

This is the third BF amped Sukuna being tracked by Choso’s perception, and he was even able to react in time to put up a blood barrier (Second BF amped Sukuna cooked Maki). [Not saying Choso > Maki. I'm just pointing out how nerfed Sukuna was at this point]
9-ZcbyaNToL5eeR-m.jpg

Unless you believe Sukuna held back to the point where he could have blitzed Yuta whenever he wanted but didn’t, I don't see any other feats where Maki outperforms Shinjuku Yuta in speed.

The earthquake was probably caused by the falling pieces of rubble slamming the ground rather than the wall breaking punch and the propagation method doesn't really make sense (don't blame me I just copied LaserPrecision's calc) since the radiated waves formula is already finding the energy that propagates throughout the ground. A big wall falling from a dozen feet isn't enough to cause a magnitude 3.5 quake on its own (for reference, the North Tower falling from hundreds of meters caused a Magnitude 2.3 quake) so you could argue that Nanami imbuing his Cursed Energy into the rubble was the factor causing the earthquake
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:PowerToScale/Jujutsu_Kaisen:_Toge's_Earthquake Is this valid?

Unless you believe Sukuna held back to the point where he could have blitzed Yuta whenever he wanted
That’s the thing, he was. At any moment he could’ve killed anyone in there.

Read the first fights, look how easy he handled Yuji while calling him uninteresting. Post fight Higuruma saying if someone’s faster strong appeared he would’ve easily be killed.

But at one point he was weak enough to not being able to do that.

I ******* hate JJK calcs it’s always NOT STRAIGHT TO THE POINT.

“Oh you see this earthquake caused by a Cursed Technique? Yeah here’s the result. Wait, what if we use THE METEOR IMPACT METHOD? Look at this half assed explanation as to why use it”

“Let’s calc a blitz feat. Rather than using standards timeframes from the wiki what if we highball the shit out of this feat using some ridiculous timeframe?

And then if you contest this shit you’re a hater and want JJK to be treated differently.

I ******* hate JJK calcs it’s always NOT STRAIGHT TO THE POINT.

“Oh you see this earthquake caused by a Cursed Technique? Yeah here’s the result. Wait, what if we use THE METEOR IMPACT METHOD? Look at this half assed explanation as to why use it”

“Let’s calc a blitz feat. Rather than using standards timeframes from the wiki what if we highball the shit out of this feat using some ridiculous timeframe?
Hater smh, why do you want JJK to be treated differently?

Back