• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Maki got it like that she good for it.
Todo doesn't seem to think Maki could, I think Kenjaku has inverse scaling suggesting to at least be relative to Maki in sheer combat speed (if not just outright faster), though I'm curious why you think she's faster I wanna see the scaling chain for that because rn I'm revising my Maki speed inverse scaling in general tbh.
Ya act like the curses Kenjaku has are all special grades or something. Gaku is the very least a first grade, he can handle fighting tons of curses.

Dude what??? I'm saying these guys could've all fought the curses when Kenjaku died.
I assumed you were asking why they didn't help jump Sukuna with Higuruma, my bad, the Kenjaku siege was a sneak attack so idk if they could've gotten away with several people all jumping - that might've been too much for Takaba to blindside, and there's also the fact that they'd have to travel (such as Gakuganji) halfway across Japan whilst Ui Ui is focused on protecting the injured against Sukuna. There's also the fact that Kenjaku's curses aren't powerful due to quality (although there certainly are a lot of quality curses, such as grade 1 curses with domain expansions and special grade curses) but due to sheer quantity (i.e. Choso fight, Kenjaku says no grade 1 would withstand such a barrage from his centipede curses), so yea I honestly don't think they'd be much help.
Where are ya getting Utahime's ct range is really small?
We don't really know her range, but every time she's used it it's been within the proximity of those applied. In Shibuya she had to be stood right next to everyone whilst preparing, in Shinjuku she was next to everyone involved, and we have moments like the GWE where if she could've effected people at a distance with it then it would've been incredibly smart to do so as opposed to her just running in.
What is this rewriting of the manga?? Chants, handsigns they are all the basic means of doing jujutsu and the subtraction of them is a display of mastery. How would they suddenly be ineffective for this new generation of gassed up sorcerers?
As opposed to simply using the CT (assuming they're able to) then yea it is, chants take additional time which your opponent can exploit (and we know Sukuna would exploit that). Idk why you think the removal of chants being a display of mastery suddenly means the masters of jujutsu should be relying on chants, we know it buffs up output but at a severe risk - a risk we see the main cast get punished for. There's also not a lot of room for chants; Higuruma wouldn't need them (the sword is instant death either way), Yuta obviously couldn't (he didn't use his CT outside of whats granted by his DE), Yuji used a BV to amp his CT, Miguel arguably did chants (or more so needed to use chants via dancing, tho that might be something different idrk), Todo has little need for chants (idrk how that'll even work), Yuta did use chants in Gojo's body, Nobara could've ig but she was using a BV to amp her CT already, Choso maybe could've but I can't think of any point where he had time to spare, Ino too.

Todo doesn't seem to think Maki could, I think Kenjaku has inverse scaling suggesting to at least be relative to Maki in sheer combat speed (if not just outright faster), though I'm curious why you think she's faster I wanna see the scaling chain for that because rn I'm revising my Maki speed inverse scaling in general tbh.
Well the story is too clear on Maki's physical prowess being higher than everyone else's. These short moments of "oh well look they can keep up with her here" aren't meant to be definitive showings of her overall speed. Sukuna's acknowledgement of her physical superiority and need to challenge it makes it out to be Maki's power is above others. Inverse scaling is fine when the story isn't pushing a clear disparity in who's the faster or the strongest, so yeah we can scale Kenjaku to Kashimo, Hakari, Yuki, or whatever chain of scaling it might be but it doesn't trump the narrative for her being superior to others. Another thing we can look at is how Yuki calls Toji "truly superhuman" and how losing to him shouldn't make Geto feel bad. It's like tryna compete against Gojo in cursed energy control and you lose, no one barring Sukuna and Gojo can evenly compete with her. Then her senses make her reaction and any attacks she decides on better than others since everything around her flows into her at a faster rate than others.

I assumed you were asking why they didn't help jump Sukuna with Higuruma, my bad, the Kenjaku siege was a sneak attack so idk if they could've gotten away with several people all jumping - that might've been too much for Takaba to blindside, and there's also the fact that they'd have to travel (such as Gakuganji) halfway across Japan whilst Ui Ui is focused on protecting the injured against Sukuna. There's also the fact that Kenjaku's curses aren't powerful due to quality (although there certainly are a lot of quality curses, such as grade 1 curses with domain expansions and special grade curses) but due to sheer quantity (i.e. Choso fight, Kenjaku says no grade 1 would withstand such a barrage from his centipede curses), so yea I honestly don't think they'd be much help.
Everyone doesn't have to engage at the same time. They can wait until Maki has cleaned it up. Maki alone can clear out hundreds of curses all by herself also, they just be there for aid. And Domains aren't a problem since everyone here has simple domain now.

As opposed to simply using the CT (assuming they're able to) then yea it is, chants take additional time which your opponent can exploit (and we know Sukuna would exploit that). Idk why you think the removal of chants being a display of mastery suddenly means the masters of jujutsu should be relying on chants, we know it buffs up output but at a severe risk - a risk we see the main cast get punished for. There's also not a lot of room for chants; Higuruma wouldn't need them (the sword is instant death either way), Yuta obviously couldn't (he didn't use his CT outside of whats granted by his DE), Yuji used a BV to amp his CT, Miguel arguably did chants (or more so needed to use chants via dancing, tho that might be something different idrk), Todo has little need for chants (idrk how that'll even work), Yuta did use chants in Gojo's body, Nobara could've ig but she was using a BV to amp her CT already, Choso maybe could've but I can't think of any point where he had time to spare, Ino too.
Chants don't seem to be slow, and then there's compressed chants they can learn. Higuruma's chant could make his sword bigger, make his mallet heavier, Yuta could've revealed he gains knowledge about chants from Rika from the ct she gains, Yuji has Blood manip, he can get chants for that. Todo's doesn't need chants, Gege gave him something better but the chants could've done it for a one time moment sorta thing. Nobara's really irrelevant.

What does Yuji's DE do exactly?
Deconstruct the boundaries between reality and dreams and reverts it back to curse energy's origin, the soul, thus creating a peaceful death for evil beings and allowing them to reincarnate through the cycle of samsara, symbolizing Kṣitigarbha, a bodhisattva who helps others to achieve enlightenment. Within Yuji's domain, his dreams and the dreams of others are a culmination brought on by his influence in the timeline of curse energy through his connection, in a way Yuji has become the next Toji, destroying the sorcerer's (Sukuna) destiny and giving him a second chance at existence, not life. Yuji has also done this for Megumi who gave up on life, Yuji gave him a second chance at life.

Deconstruct the boundaries between reality and dreams and reverts it back to curse energy's origin, the soul, thus creating a peaceful death for evil beings and allowing them to reincarnate through the cycle of samsara, symbolizing Kṣitigarbha, a bodhisattva who helps others to achieve enlightenment. Within Yuji's domain, his dreams and the dreams of others are a culmination brought on by his influence in the timeline of curse energy through his connection, in a way Yuji has become the next Toji, destroying the sorcerer's (Sukuna) destiny and giving him a second chance at existence, not life. Yuji has also done this for Megumi who gave up on life, Yuji gave him a second chance at life.
o55EcH4.jpg

cat-looking-at-you.gif

Almost had me for a second 😭

Since the manga is ending next week, what’s your favorite:

Character:
Cursed Technique:
Villain:
Design:
Fight:
Arc:
Panel/page:
Either Yuji or Higuruma
Todo for simplicity, Hakari for memes
Mahito
Either Mahito, Choso or Toji
Yuji vs Mahito, Gojo vs Sukuna or Hakari vs Kashimo
Shibuya Incident
Either the "I'm you" Panel, or the "I want to keep my eyes open" panel. Honorary mention: Yujo vs Sukuna Domain Clash

Character:
Both
images

Cursed Technique:
I'm unable to say
Sukuna
He always was the main thing. A villain that we were waiting to see since the begin of the manga. Constantaly torturing Itadori just because, and evil for no reason. I really like that. He is basically the personification of what JJK is, which is a unfair world where everything must be used as long as you win. The perfect exemple of why a sorcerer is no different from a curse
Mahoraga ma goat
images

Unsure. Either Hakari vs Kashimo, Mahito vs Todo and Itadori or everything after Sukuna's Divine Flame in Shinjuku
Shibuya or Culling Game
Panel/page:
The final Black Flash. It deserves the spot
0267-019.png

Last edited:

Character:
Sukuna, Yuta and Yuji
Cursed Technique:
Idle Transfiguration
Sukuna
Heian Sukuna, Kirara and Choso
Gojo v Sukuna
Shinjuku
Last few chaps have been pretty rough but it really can't undo my enjoyment for it as a whole
Panel/page:
0214-016.png

Character:
Cursed Technique:
Villain:
Design:
Fight:
Arc:
Panel/page:
Character: Sukuna or Gojo, Yuji is pretty close behind both
Cursed Technique: Adaptation
Villain: Sukuna, Kenjaku close behind
Design: Mahoraga
Fight: Gojo vs Sukuna
Arc: Shinjuku Showdown arc ngl
Panel/page:

3HdtsF4.png

Character:
Yuki/Sukuna
Cursed Technique:
7:3 ratio technique
Sukuna/Jogo
Overall ISBDK Mahito.
CT Kashimo and all versions of Sukuna are up there too
0-_mFytLEXGKBWy.jpg
3-KM5ioQ_k47N_G-m.jpg

Sukuna vs Mahoraga/Yuji vs Choso
Shibuya incident
Panel/page:
3-OaOaz_YOCHTin.jpg
4-kin-rKL31V9e2.jpg

You should have added Volume Cover too. Anyway here is my favourite Volume cover
L03B5-s.jpg

Character:
Gojo (My misunderstood, beautiful, strong, blue eyed king)
Cursed Technique:
Ten Shadows (I love the concept of having to perform a ritual to tame each Shikigami, i love how Megumi can hide stuff or even himself in the shadow, the Shikigami all have really cool designs and Mahoraga is literally peak)
Mahito (He is just a bastard. He felt like the perfect thematic foil to early series Yuji and was the reason for most of his character development. Idle Transfiguration is a really ****** up technique that also gives us most of our information regarding the soul. I love the contrast between him and Jogo, with one considering the disaster curses the true humans while the other calling himself a true curse. He also dies a fittingly pathetic death even if Yuji deserved to be the one to finish him off)
Mahoraga (I don't know what it is with Gege and creating eyeless gray monster designs but goddamn does it work. From the dharma wheel constantly floating above his head to his constant creepy smile all makes Maho feel like this powerful otherworldly being that no sorcerer would be capable of taming.He also kind off resembles an angel with the wings growing out of its face, the tail on his head and the wheel looking almost like a halo)
Either Yuji and Todo vs Mahito or Gojo vs Sukuna (The former is I feel a lot more emotionally potent, what with all the character death(s) and Yuji's development as a character but nothing can match the sheer hype i felt reading through Gojo vs Sukuna every week, even if i still don't like 236 as an ending)
Shibuya in a vacuum but Hidden Inventory within the context of the rest of the series. Shibuya is a great arc, it's dark, it's packed with amazing fights, it has a ton of great character moments but i feel it changes the course of the story so drastically that looking at season 1 vs the culling games feels like looking at two different stories, so i consider it as kind off the spawn point for a lot of my problems with the latter half of the series. Hidden Inventory on the other hand while not as good an arc in a vacuum (even then it's great tho) it does so much to enhance the rest of the series. Geto's character is expanded far beyond just the racist from Vol 0 to the point where he is one of the most beloved characters in the series purely because of his development in this arc. Gojo also gets a ton retroactive development for his character and moments like his sealing in the prison realm or just general attitude in Shibuya with the civilians only work with this addition context to his character. And of course my pookie Toji who yet again almost exclusively appears in this arc yet is one of the best characters in the series, who also paves the way for Maki's development (for the last time Maki is not a Toji clone but the other way around, Toji acts as prelude to what Maki is gonna grow into). So yea Gege was cooking with HI
Panel/page:
Very hard to choose but probably this
MfE1oSA.jpg

The shear aura of this moment is unmatched. Honourable mentions would be Gojo tanking MS while smiling and Yuji walking through Dismantle but those two where already posted

Back