• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

I'm about to go to sleep and I just wanted to say, reading JJK weekly has been an absolute blast and a big reason has been participating in this thread. Sharing the leaks, talking about theories, all the Gojo revival cope and all the times we've debated the exact same topics for pages on end, this thread has been my main place to talk about this series that I love so much and is the main reason I've stayed in this forum as a whole. So no matter what happens to JJK tommorow, whether the ending is shit, mid or peak, whether we get a part 2 or not...

gojo-accepts-his-death-in-jujutsu-kaisen.jpg
I am still inside your walls

I'm about to go to sleep and I just wanted to say, reading JJK weekly has been an absolute blast and a big reason has been participating in this thread. Sharing the leaks, talking about theories, all the Gojo revival cope and all the times we've debated the exact same topics for pages on end, this thread has been my main place to talk about this series that I love so much and is the main reason I've stayed in this forum as a whole. So no matter what happens to JJK tommorow, whether the ending is shit, mid or peak, whether we get a part 2 or not...

gojo-accepts-his-death-in-jujutsu-kaisen.jpg
It has been an absolute privilege and may this honor continue on and on!

Definitely a shonen. Felt rushed or half thought through for several arcs, most notably Shinjuku Showdown and Culling Games. Sorcerers were portrayed nicely and I think that truly is the story's saving grace. Not the power system, not the villains, not the art, just the very on point and thought out theme of humanity in the series. I felt like Gege considered only the sorcerers overarching theme to be the main focus and decided curses didn't need more exploration in the story's later half, it definitely felt lacking throughout the series overall though. Shibuya Incident to me is still the peak of the series, there's never a moment that felt certain of what's going to happen next, it gathered a plethora of characters and executed some of their best moments almost flawlessly for a war-esque arc (Mahito's evolution, Yuji's evolution, Nanami's end, Sukuna's first real fight, Kenjaku reveal, etc). Another aspect that's fun in any story is how fast we move from arcs or some reveal as well, I think in some way JJK feels like Jojo's later parts maybe pt4 and onward where the story is always onto some new character or still has things from the past chapters to reveal fully or dive deeper into. A lot is unexplored though and I think people can agree it feels unfinished as a world and needed more in regards to characters, other sectors of sorcerers like the Ainu society being unexplored (hilarious theories with them), the clans simply not existing for majority of the series. Japan is massive so I really do find it random he didn't make more schools or other sorcerer groups to conflict with the main cast. The power system feels undeveloped and not in the way that there isn't many components but more that no one really has access to the power system besides their cursed technique and domains. It makes the power system feel small and I really wish Gege had made characters more creative and capable of manipulating the power system more as opposed to relying on domain, a good example is how useful Falling Blossom Emotion and Domain Amplification is yet its mainly a family trade secret (FBE) and only three use it. Anti domain techs should've been more op basically. I know the art's hit or miss at times and sometimes just unexciting but other times Gege really shows he knows what he's doing. The panel where Gojo and Kenjaku stare down one another, Purple during Goodwill, Sukuna's four arm form, any focused black flash panel (Gojo knocking out Sukuna, Yuji's first one, Mahito's), the second Fuga (he went off with that). I'd give the series an 8/10 and I am probably gonna read Gege's next work when it comes out in the next coming years.

Last time the leaks came out like 9 hours late, you should honestly just go to sleep
I would if I could lol I just keep going on my phone for hours until I literally pass out and by then it's usually somewhere between 5-7 cause my body literally won't let me sleep. I kinda just gotta stay up til my body decides "okay you get to sleep now"

Who do you think will be on the Volume 29 cover page? Volume 30 might feature Megumi, Nobara, and Yuji together, but Volume 29 mostly focuses on Yuji and Sukuna. I wonder if either one of them will be on the cover, or if they'll both appear in a face off.

She does have showings. When did I misconstrue you?
I literally explained how in the post you're quoting lmfao
This is not the portrayal. Within the story itself, she's portrayed as the physically strongest, not just the students, not the heavy hitters, everyone is compared to Maki, its about sorcery itself.
Yet no feats, no statements, no evidence of this narrative, yet it's the "story itself" telling us it is the case?
Sukuna doesn't regard Maki highly amongst the students,
"Kashimo Hajime, Higuruma Hiromi, Okkotsu Yuta. Following the death of Gojo Satoru, many that represented the peaks of sorcery stood before Sukuna, baring their own particular honed fangs. However, they amounted to nothing more than appetisers for the beast. Who truly roused his hunger was none other than Zen'in Maki, who had abandoned jujutsu sorcery by means of heavenly restriction."

If the purpose of this scene wasn't to contrast Maki from the students, why is that EXACTLY what it does? If the purpose of this scene was to contrast Maki with ALL of jujutsu sorcery, where's mention of sorcerers Maki herself stated she couldn't defeat - such as Kenjaku?
he regards her removal of sorcery as something exciting and seeing how good she is, he wants to challenge it. So there she's being recognized for her physical prowess, with it coming from the strongest in the verse.
Sukuna acknowledging her exceptional physical capability, as distinguished from sorcerers who achieve physical strength through reinforcement via cursed energy, he's challenged as to whether or not sorcery is truly the path to strength. He's not saying Maki is above ALL other sorcerers except himself and Gojo, no where does he ever imply that, he's noticing how Maki took a different path to her strength and wondering where he would've gone if he had taken that path also.
And I won't keep going in circles with you over the Yuki statement if you disagree with the clear meaning behind her words and want it to only apply to Geto then by all means. She says he's "truly superhuman". Sorcerers are already superhuman, Toji is above their superhuman-ness.
This is also just an assumption. Yuki calling Toji superhuman for having natural innate strength as distinguished from a sorcerers strength derived from reinforcement isn't her saying Toji is superior to ALL forms of reinforcement she's seen. Like you realise several characters in the manga have been called superhuman? Yuji is stated several times, even called a God, Kashimo transcended the realm of humans, etc., you could even narratively link it with the concept of humanity as touched upon by characters like Uraume, Ryu, Yuta, etc., and how it links with Toji and Maki's narrative of losing their humanity for their strength and breaking away from all constraints. This statement of "superhuman" is such a common theme, for you to try and act like it makes Toji top 3 in the verse is so laughable 😭
This is just dumb, sorry, but genuinely go read the manga to see that her senses aren't just analytical prediction. I don't need to provide every scan for you. You've read the manga and you seem to be knowledgeable so you know what I'm talking about when I say analytical prediction is a simplistic viewing of her senses.
"this is dumb, how dare you ask for evidence!"
I never said she lacks feats
No one is stopping you from SHOWING or even referencing these feats, but you keep just making general claims of "oh she has feats.... but I won't SHOW or REFER to the feats for you to find them, just go reread the entire manga!"

No? You said we can't use showings of relativity between Maki and other characters because of her "overwhelming narrative", I said how she doesn't really have showings to begin with, and now you're trying to misconstrued that as me saying the narrative itself doesn't exist. I was very clear in my post, Maki is portrayed to physically be the superior amongst the heavy hitters, however Kenjaku isn't a heavy hitter. So please show where the connection is between Sukuna regarding Maki highly amongst the students and her being superior to Kenjaku, because all you've given is Yuki saying Toji was "superhuman" compared to grade 1, teenage Geto - which even that isn't entirely evident in their showings nor in Maki's feats during Shinjuku or during ch215.
She does have showings. When did I misconstrue you?
I literally explained how in the post you're quoting lmfao
At this point, you're being oblivious to the story's distinction in physical prowess. Yuji has that prowess through Kenjaku making him physically strong, Maki has it through HR, something Yuki described as making Toji truly superhuman and is an anomaly with sorcerers. And we aren't talking about showings, that's where the issue is with comparing some of these characters comes from. I'm not arguing that Maki's blitzing all of the high tiers, but trying to make Kenjaku relative to Maki is not something the story illustrates to us nor do we have statements to imply it.
I never say that you said the narrative doesn't exist, I say that you're being oblivious to the story's distinction in physical prowess. If I did say this and I'm missing where, please show me.

Yet no feats, no statements, no evidence of this narrative, yet it's the "story itself" telling us it is the case?
I've given you several statements and tried explaining the narrative to you. You disagree. Don't talk like I haven't given you anything, you're just unsatisfied with what I have said.

"Kashimo Hajime, Higuruma Hiromi, Okkotsu Yuta. Following the death of Gojo Satoru, many that represented the peaks of sorcery stood before Sukuna, baring their own particular honed fangs. However, they amounted to nothing more than appetisers for the beast. Who truly roused his hunger was none other than Zen'in Maki, who had abandoned jujutsu sorcery by means of heavenly restriction."

If the purpose of this scene wasn't to contrast Maki from the students, why is that EXACTLY what it does? If the purpose of this scene was to contrast Maki with ALL of jujutsu sorcery, where's mention of sorcerers Maki herself stated she couldn't defeat - such as Kenjaku?
He deadass mentioned Hig and Kashimo and one student, Yuta. How are you getting that it's to contrast Maki from the students? And this scene literally talks about how these characters represent the peaks of Jujutsu. you're just biased and making it plainly obvious.

"this is dumb, how dare you ask for evidence!"
You're not asking for evidence, you're making me do a pointless task. We've both read the manga, you know what the manga says about Maki's senses. I don't need to go collect the stuff you already read just for you to argue and downplay her senses like you already did.

No one is stopping you from SHOWING or even referencing these feats, but you keep just making general claims of "oh she has feats.... but I won't SHOW or REFER to the feats for you to find them, just go reread the entire manga!"
Because this wasn't about feats? I told this from the start. Going off feats kinda defeats the purpose, that's why I try to explain the portrayal but you disagree.
These short moments of "oh well look they can keep up with her here" aren't meant to be definitive showings of her overall speed.

Sukuna acknowledging her exceptional physical capability, as distinguished from sorcerers who achieve physical strength through reinforcement via cursed energy, he's challenged as to whether or not sorcery is truly the path to strength. He's not saying Maki is above ALL other sorcerers except himself and Gojo, no where does he ever imply that, he's noticing how Maki took a different path to her strength and wondering where he would've gone if he had taken that path also.
Yeah and I disagree with this interpretation. Sukuna's statement, Yuki's statement and Maki's senses together make it out to be Maki's portrayal is that of a superior superhuman compared to sorcerers.

This is also just an assumption. Yuki calling Toji superhuman for having natural innate strength as distinguished from a sorcerers strength derived from reinforcement isn't her saying Toji is superior to ALL forms of reinforcement she's seen. Like you realise several characters in the manga have been called superhuman? Yuji is stated several times, even called a God, Kashimo transcended the realm of humans, etc., you could even narratively link it with the concept of humanity as touched upon by characters like Uraume, Ryu, Yuta, etc., and how it links with Toji and Maki's narrative of losing their humanity for their strength and breaking away from all constraints. This statement of "superhuman" is such a common theme, for you to try and act like it makes Toji top 3 in the verse is so laughable 😭
You're leaving out the part where she said "truly". She doesn't say he's just superhuman. No one you mentioned was called truly superhuman. No one said top 3. Kashimo's not called superhuman, it's said his body has surpassed the limits of mankind IN reference to his body now being able to generate any phenomena that can be created through electricity. In no way is it meant to tell us Kashimo is superior to anyone like Maki's portrayal is. Yuji's demon god statement is IN reference to Yuji's newly gained control of his ce, not his speed, not his strength, not his senses, he isn't compared to sorcerers. It's laughable because you're viewing it by itself and that allows you to dismiss the interpretation.
I'm not arguing that Maki's blitzing all of the high tiers, but trying to make Kenjaku relative to Maki is not something the story illustrates to us nor do we have statements to imply it.
Again for the last time, this is about Maki's speed and sense allowing her to move faster than other's not that she's gonna blitz everyone around, not that's she and Toji are top 3.

Back