• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

I'm not an expert so take my opinions as is.

Outside a few moments/instances, Demon Slayer doesn't exactly do anything new or innovative. I feel that the series understands what it fundamentally is, doesn't forget the basics and executes those specific aspects well. I'd comfortably say series like JJK, Chainsaw Man, MHA have made quite a few notable re-inventions for the shonen genre and/or cover things you don't normally see in said genre and that's awesome. Still, there's nothing wrong w/just a standard story that follows the formula while being enjoyable; it just becomes a matter of preference, at least to me.

When it comes to plot holes and certain unexplained parts, I keep in mind the context of this being a "modern manga" if that makes sense. Specifically, the schedule and workloads of most mangakas are so brutal, it's insane that anyone can work under such conditions and put anything of quality. Also, series just don't last as long as they used to and therefore lack the time to get everything on the table. I see these kinds of issues in plenty of Mangas and hope it's not a sign of the story getting axed before it can get its footing, reach the right audience. Heck, JJK almost got axed around the time of the Fearsome Womb arc. I also like how they can leave room for us to have our own interpretations and be able to have fun (at least most of the time) fan discussions.

Could you name some plot holes? I’m curious.
1. urokodaki managed to hypnotise nezuko into seeing every human as her family, how he does it manage that and how come demonslayers who judging by urokodaki never attempt hypnosis of any form if they know it?

2. insouke just knowing a breathing style somehow? like he is an isolated child who lives with a boar for the vast majority of his child hood and doesn't go through any real training untill his meeting with tanjiro, hell even his swords are just stolen from demon slayer recruits and he just inexplicably knows one of the most complicated breathing style cuse..... why not i guess?

3. sabito being able to interact and damage tanjiro, like we know there are souls and magic in demon slayer but the whole ghost angle is just unexplaind plot convinence, a ghost that shows later to have intagibile aspects can just interact and damage tanjiro outright.

4. the hand demon being alive for 30 damned year, like here we have a demon that is approaching lower moon levels of power just sitting there in the forset where they train demon slayers and no one does anything about it for 30 years and they keep sending untrained recruits into the meat grinder, hell you'd think giyu who had his best friend DIE to the damned thing would at the very least go down there and just kill it but nah, just keep it in there killing recruits.

These are some from the top of my head.

4. the hand demon being alive for 30 damned year, like here we have a demon that is approaching lower moon levels of power just sitting there in the forset where they train demon slayers and no one does anything about it for 30 years and they keep sending untrained recruits into the meat grinder, hell you'd think giyu who had his best friend DIE to the damned thing would at the very least go down there and just kill it but nah, just keep it in there killing recruits.
That one always felt unforgivable to me.

Reminds me of Grand Fisher from Bleach, he evaded the Soul Society for 54 years and they never thought to send a captain or something to kill him
dude that ****** should've been dead the moment masaki was killed by it, Like Isshin my boy you are strong enough to quite literally rip a full fledged arrancar in half with a flick of a finger and this thing killed your wife, don't ya think you should put it down like when your busy schedual opens up.... yesterday maybe??

dude that ****** should've been dead the moment masaki, Like Isshin my boy you are strong enough to quite literally rip a full fledged arrancar in half with a flick of a finger and this thing killed your wife, don't ya think you should put it down like when your busy schedual opens up.... yesterday maybe??
Yeah, that shit was really god damned ridiculous.

dude that ****** should've been dead the moment masaki was killed by it, Like Isshin my boy you are strong enough to quite literally rip a full fledged arrancar in half with a flick of a finger and this thing killed your wife, don't ya think you should put it down like when your busy schedual opens up.... yesterday maybe??
Wasn't Ishiin incapable of using his Soul Reaper powers at the time or something?

Wasn't Ishiin incapable of using his Soul Reaper powers at the time or something?
Yeah isshin powers were sealed and he didn't regained his power until Ichigo awakened his power.

Already reported him. Ant and others are discussing about how many months he should get banned or permanent ban.
dear lord what a guy, he actually started calling an admin transphopic and homophobic due to someon accusing him of those thing (no actual evidence or backing on either mind you)

like god damn
" also Dereck03, I don't know if I can take your assumption seriously considering that I show the fact that in your profile there was something about you getting mad that people called you transphobic and homophobic, which would've only happened if you did things that make those people think tha about you"

Back