• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Not sure if they are comparable. Gojo at least has the statement for being able to hit the timeframe, Sukuna doesn’t and Gojo performed substantially better throughout their fight in speed
Sukuna when using D.A to negate blues amp is surely comparable or even faster than gojo, in chap 227 theres a panel of sukuna seemingly blitzing gojo on domain clash

When sukuna is about to destroy gojos domain, Sukuna moves so fast and go on gojos back, and it seems that gojo didnt even realized what happened, he only perceives when his domain is getting destroyed
And i say it looks like a blitz because gojo literally dont move at all,
If you see the panel of sukuna moving (going in his back), you can see that one of gojo's arm were fully extended, and even one panel after, where sukuna already was behind gojo, we can see that his arm stayed on the same position, fully extended, which means he didnt react or moved an inch

When sukuna is about to destroy gojos domain, Sukuna moves so fast and go on gojos back, and it seems that gojo didnt even realized what happened, he only perceives when his domain is getting destroyed
And i say it looks like a blitz because gojo literally dont move at all,
If you see the panel of sukuna moving (going in his back), you can see that one of gojo's arm were fully extended, and even one panel after, where sukuna already was behind gojo, we can see that his arm stayed on the same position, fully extended, which means he didnt react or moved an inch
This is just flatly incorrect; Sukuna used the momentum of Gojo's fist to spin around, and as Sukuna is spinning over Gojo's arm Gojo audibly reacts by shouting "WHAT?!" because it's a very abnormal thing to do in a H2H clash. We then see Gojo's arms are by his waist by the time Sukuna is on his back, to which Sukuna is literally grappling onto Gojo's clothing from behind so Gojo can't just spin around, and then Gojo manages to still break out of the grapple just not quick enough before Sukuna does his hand sign.

Very clearly not a blitz.

This is just flatly incorrect; Sukuna used the momentum of Gojo's fist to spin around, and as Sukuna is spinning over Gojo's arm Gojo audibly reacts by shouting "WHAT?!" because it's a very abnormal thing to do in a H2H clash. We then see Gojo's arms are by his waist by the time Sukuna is on his back, to which Sukuna is literally grappling onto Gojo's clothing from behind so Gojo can't just spin around, and then Gojo manages to still break out of the grapple just not quick enough before Sukuna does his hand sign.

Very clearly not a blitz.
How the hell spinning is a abnormal thing in h2h? If you know the basis of any marcial fight you will see that is very common, especially for experts like gojo and sukuna, you can use spinning for back fist ( which would be directly on gojos chin, lmao ) you can do spinning back kick on your abs or liver, which also wouldve have landed perfectly on gojo, and in that position where sukuna was, he could even do a spin hook, so, no, spinning is not weird in anyway, i can confirm this even more because i do muay thay and bjj, imagine for guys who literally just fight theirs whole life

And this "what?!" of gojo is clearly because sukuna turned off his sure hit, just read the context bro, and tell me, what sense does it make for gojo to just "let" sukuna pass through him? Again, from gojos pov, he could have do many things like those attacks i mentioned, he could be trying an takedown on gojo, so it doesnt make anysense for a guy who is "master to h2h" just stand there if he could react

How the hell spinning is a abnormal thing in h2h? If you know the basis of any marcial fight you will see that is very common, especially for experts like gojo and sukuna, you can use spinning for back fist ( which would be directly on gojos chin, lmao ) you can do spinning back kick on your abs or liver, which also wouldve have landed perfectly on gojo, and in that position where sukuna was, he could even do a spin hook, so, no, spinning is not weird in anyway, i can confirm this even more because i do muay thay and bjj, imagine for guys who literally just fight theirs whole life
Except Sukuna never did a spin kick or spun into a back hand hit, he spun around Gojo's body to go back-to-back with him, which is what I called abnormal. Idk why you'd treat that as me claiming any form of spinning is abnormal, seems a little disingenuous to characterise the scene that way.
And this "what?!" of gojo is clearly because sukuna turned off his sure hit, just read the context bro
He says what after making that observation, but if you want to claim Gojo is shocked by that instead of the spin then that's fine as it doesn't really change anything, point is Gojo is very clearly reacting whilst Sukuna is performing the manoeuvre.
tell me, what sense does it make for gojo to just "let" sukuna pass through him? Again, from gojos pov, he could have do many things like those attacks i mentioned, he could be trying an takedown on gojo, so it doesnt make anysense for a guy who is "master to h2h" just stand there if he could react
What was Gojo supposed to do? Sukuna was grappling him from behind and Gojo prioritised escaping the grapple because he knew Sukuna was exploiting the weakness of his sure-hit, that's a perfectly reasonable way to react, and it's far superior than if Gojo simply let Sukuna hold him there whilst trying to punch him from behind. Gojo couldn't just "do a spin kick bruh" when he's being held in place from behind lol.

After JJK I can finally retire myself as a manga reader
images

Yuta's line is also surrounded by white lol,
No it isn't. The one you're talking about is the text bubble. That's something else.
The reason Gojo's line is also surrounded by white is to distinguise the letters since he isn't saying it in a speach bubble
Yes but the boldness of the text are much different.
It matches up with Yuta. So in essence he's trying to catch up to Gojo in being a monster like he had been talking about already.

Except Sukuna never did a spin kick or spun into a back hand hit, he spun around Gojo's body to go back-to-back with him, which is what I called abnormal. Idk why you'd treat that as me claiming any form of spinning is abnormal, seems a little disingenuous to characterise the scene that way.

He says what after making that observation, but if you want to claim Gojo is shocked by that instead of the spin then that's fine as it doesn't really change anything, point is Gojo is very clearly reacting whilst Sukuna is performing the manoeuvre.

What was Gojo supposed to do? Sukuna was grappling him from behind and Gojo prioritised escaping the grapple because he knew Sukuna was exploiting the weakness of his sure-hit, that's a perfectly reasonable way to react, and it's far superior than if Gojo simply let Sukuna hold him there whilst trying to punch him from behind. Gojo couldn't just "do a spin kick bruh" when he's being held in place from behind lol.
Did we literally not just see gojo instead focus on how the domain conditions were changing so suddenly?
😭
He didn't really care that much about Sukuna. If he did then he would simply just use blue to flick or push him away. Quite simple.

I mean, JJK hate is pretty popular topic online. Like a good portion of this thread is hating on JJK for the last few months.
I think it's a mixture of popularity and high emotions. JJK right now is the main series of Shonen Jump, not only is it one of the best selling but all its competitors (except One Piece, which has fewer sales than JJK anyway) are coming to an end whilst JJK is at its climax, so in the shonen scene everyone's talking about JJK and it's natural for a hate bandwagon to form as a reaction from non-JJK fans. It probably hadn't helped that most people's conception of JJK fans are people like Pinoypins who argue Gojo solos everyone based on poor arguments similar to Goku fans. Then there's also the fact that the villains have been getting Ws recently, as is natural for the final arc of a series, and Gege isn't afraid to really gut punch the reader, so you have a rising hate bandwagon for JJK with a fanbase who is emotionally poised against the series. The mass hate is inevitable.

You mean sales as in recently gained, or throughout their entire existence?
For the last few months, I do believe jjk has been outselling one piece. Its boost in popularity from the anime and one pieces extended break I think helped set it up
I tend to hate on things I like.
Edit: I've found that's true for a lot of fans

I think it's a mixture of popularity and high emotions. JJK right now is the main series of Shonen Jump, not only is it one of the best selling but all its competitors (except One Piece, which has fewer sales than JJK anyway) are coming to an end whilst JJK is at its climax, so in the shonen scene everyone's talking about JJK and it's natural for a hate bandwagon to form as a reaction from non-JJK fans. It probably hadn't helped that most people's conception of JJK fans are people like Pinoypins who argue Gojo solos everyone based on poor arguments similar to Goku fans. Then there's also the fact that the villains have been getting Ws recently, as is natural for the final arc of a series, and Gege isn't afraid to really gut punch the reader, so you have a rising hate bandwagon for JJK with a fanbase who is emotionally poised against the series. The mass hate is inevitable.
Could just be people realize the story has gotten progressively worse, which happens with most mangas towards the end.

Unlimited Void is broken and the Copy CT is getting affected by it, exactly like the burnout.

Sukuna tries to activate the merger but Angel uses Jacob’s Ladder on him.

the sandbox Arkenis posted
Yeah but why would six eyes be the reason for why he can perceive that fast.
CE reinforcement exists.
unless you think baby gojo and kid gojo got that fast level of perception speed too.
Man my sandbox don't even mention anything about the six eyes lmao. This what I put for his mhs+ rating for clarification

Massively Hypersonic+ Perception Speed (Gojo confirms[5] if Black Flash required a timeframe activation alone then he should be able to hit it, the timeframe being 0.000001 seconds. Furthermore, Gojo's ability to process the world is far above others in general, being known to process a minute within an "instant[6]" compared to others)

Man my sandbox don't even mention anything about the six eyes lmao. This what I put for his mhs+ rating for clarification

Massively Hypersonic+ Perception Speed (Gojo confirms[5] if Black Flash required a timeframe activation alone then he should be able to hit it, the timeframe being 0.000001 seconds. Furthermore, Gojo's ability to process the world is far above others in general, being known to process a minute within an "instant[6]" compared to others)
Tetsu is the one who said due to six eyes initially 🤷 I don't know what your sandbox itself says before you quoted it here rn.

My point is: Gojo literally dont react to sukunas movement, when gojo say this "what?!" Sukuna ALREADY was on his back ( as we clearly is not seeing sukuna on his side, and gojo still was looking straight, to the exactly same place where sukuna was before even moving ), which means that gojo didnt react and he only perceived what actually happened when sukunas sure hit suddenly goes off and his domain is destroyed

And this doesnt make anysense if gojo reacted and actually knew what was going on, like, he "knew" and would be like " i mean, even though im clearly capable of reacting to what youre trying to do, im just going to let you destroy my domain for fun "?

My point is: Gojo literally dont react to sukunas movement, when gojo say this "what?!" Sukuna ALREADY was on his back ( as we clearly is not seeing sukuna on his side, and gojo still was looking straight, to the exactly same place where sukuna was before even moving ), which means that gojo didnt react and he only perceived what actually happened when sukunas sure hit suddenly goes off and his domain is destroyed

And this doesnt make anysense if gojo reacted and actually knew what was going on, like, he "knew" and would be like " i mean, even though im clearly capable of reacting to what youre trying to do, im just going to let you destroy my domain for fun "?
Shut up, you’re blatantly wrong here.

Back