• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

They think since its a thermobaric explosion the formula will make it higher. Is there a formula for thermobaric explosions?
No clue and coming up with one is outside my nonexistent paygrade

You need to wank better. I have seen 6-C versions of that feat. Wheres your motivation?
vergil-chair.gif

It is basic heat resistance though. You can look at the ground around them, it didn't even vap it, it just broke it a lot.
You do you if you think surviving an explosion can be ignored based on "lol probs got heat resistance"
That proves my point more? The attacks are within their tier, and barely harms them.
RIGHT, so if the attacks don't harm them.... then it's within their tier? By what you yourself just said.
It was for the previous one calc. What is the formula for thermobaric explosions?
Idk, that's why I'm waiting to see a calc which addresses that, if someone already has then send it, but so far I've just been seeing calcs using the standard explosion formula.
They think since its a thermobaric explosion the formula will make it higher. Is there a formula for thermobaric explosions?
No one said anything about it being higher lol, jeez, my point is we should have a calc reflecting the nature of the explosion instead of using the default one given we now know the properties of it.

You do you if you think surviving an explosion can be ignored based on "lol probs got heat resistance"

RIGHT, so if the attacks don't harm them.... then it's within their tier? By what you yourself just said.

Idk, that's why I'm waiting to see a calc which addresses that, if someone already has then send it, but so far I've just been seeing calcs using the standard explosion formula.

No one said anything about it being higher lol, jeez, my point is we should have a calc reflecting the nature of the explosion instead of using the default one given we now know the properties of it.
The calcs currently being used aren't using basic explosion formulas, it's calcing the fire itself which ends up far higher than just using a basic explosion calc. If it was a basic explosion calc, fire arrow would be only be MCB.

The damn thing is a massive ball of fire. I'm not ignoring anything, his durability will depend how far away he is from the center, but its still heat resistance overall.

Within their tier doesn't mean it scales. Gojo doesn't scale to Red for example.

Yeah I don't think there's some different formula for thermobaric explosions. It's still just a fireball at the center.

Mfers will defend their agenda and refuse to admit they’re wrong even if it means they need to tell lies about things they don’t know, like calcs and math.

Within their tier doesn't mean it scales. Gojo doesn't scale to Red for example.
Idk what definition you use for this, but specified that when I say it scales I'm referring to things being in the same tier and even used the example of blue scaling to red

Idk what definition you use for this, but specified that when I say it scales I'm referring to things being in the same tier and even used the example of blue scaling to red
You're kinda confusing. You brought up Gojo scaling to Purple, but the scaling goes like this Purple > Red > Gojo and Red goes to Low 7-B. Gojo is only High 7-C so they aren't in the same tier. The reduced damage is why Gojo appears to scale but he realistically doesn't and would've gotten destroyed by Red or Purple like Sukuna did if it weren't his own ce.

Fire Arrow (Ultimate technique) > Cleave > Dismantle 🐸
People are just coping if they think Fire Arrow scales to physicals at this point.
Purple > Fire Arrow > Red > Cleave > Dismantle > Blue > Physicals < Purple < Fire Arrow < Red < Cleave < Dismantle < Blue

Physicals just end up scaling back idk what to tell you. I mean they can just punch really hard.

Purple > Fire Arrow > Red > Cleave > Dismantle > Blue > Physicals < Purple < Fire Arrow < Red < Cleave < Dismantle < Blue

Physicals just end up scaling back idk what to tell you. I mean they can just punch really hard.
I mean they can survive the attacks but per vs wiki standard we just don't scale them unless damage is very less. But in Sukuna's case I believe he has either high heat resistance or just he is not affected by flames because of his Domain condition or CE.

You're kinda confusing. You brought up Gojo scaling to Purple, but the scaling goes like this Purple > Red > Gojo and Red goes to Low 7-B. Gojo is only High 7-C so they aren't in the same tier. The reduced damage is why Gojo appears to scale but he realistically doesn't and would've gotten destroyed by Red or Purple like Sukuna did if it weren't his own ce.
I blame Elde for that, so I'll break down the claim:

• I argued: Purple was potent enough to cause significant damage to Gojo even from a distance despite Gojo having resistances to it, Sukuna can stand in the centre of furnace and have no injuries, therefore Gojo's HP > Furnace compared to how much greater it is to the users physicals.
  • Elde decides to make a jab at me, summarising my position as "lol they think Sukuna = Furnace in physicals"
  • I respond clarifying that I think Sukuna "scales" in the SAME SENSE as we'd say Gojo may scale to purple or red, i.e. that there's the ability to survive it, which is factually true.
  • You argued from the assumption I was using the word "scales" to mean Sukuna = Furnace, so we were both talking past each other whilst in large part probably in agreement on the gap between the AP of these two attacks.

• I argued: Purple was potent enough to cause significant damage to Gojo even from a distance despite Gojo having resistances to it, Sukuna can stand in the centre of furnace and have no injuries, therefore Gojo's HP > Furnace compared to how much greater it is to the users physicals.
  • I respond clarifying that I think Sukuna "scales" in the SAME SENSE as we'd say Gojo may scale to purple or red, i.e. that there's the ability to survive it, which is factually true.
The thing is, Purple and Fire Arrow are both "explosions", Fire Arrow literally. And by the looks of it Sukuna was incredibly far away from it while Gojo wasn't from Purple. So we'd have to calc his durability how we do with explosion tanking. Therefore the durability of him tanking it wouldn't be in the same tier and even more he took less damage from it. And Purple didn't cause significant damage to Gojo.

For reference the one in Shibuya got mcb for tanking.

Just did a quick estimate using my calc for the 259 fire arrow and 5 m as the distance which is a massive lowball in terms of the distance between Sukuna and Yuji considering what we saw in 258 since I didn't want to pixel scale it and the results came out to 8-A, so yeah he ain't getting anything high from this.

Everyone ready for a three chapter fight with Todo and Yuji hitting black flashes but Todo dies at the end, Nobara and Maki coming in to attack the soul and finally winning, only for it to be too late with the merger happening, and Nobara dies. It's then revealed Yuta died, Miwa died, Kusakabe died, and now its just Maki and Yuji only for Maki to die and Yuji hits another of set black flashes only to wake up realizing he was hospitalized for schizophrenic outbursts about curses and his four armed ancestor Ryomen Sukuna terrorizing Japan? Gojo then walks in and tells him "its okay man, I didn't die, you don't have to fight anymore" or is it just me?

Everyone ready for a three chapter fight with Todo and Yuji hitting black flashes but Todo dies at the end, Nobara and Maki coming in to attack the soul and finally winning, only for it to be too late with the merger happening, and Nobara dies. It's then revealed Yuta died, Miwa died, Kusakabe died, and now its just Maki and Yuji only for Maki to die and Yuji hits another of set black flashes only to wake up realizing he was hospitalized for schizophrenic outbursts about curses and his four armed ancestor Ryomen Sukuna terrorizing Japan? Gojo then walks in and tells him "its okay man, I didn't die, you don't have to fight anymore" or is it just me?
Gege would write all of that, except the part where he wakes up. Then the last panel is Sukuna teabagging everyone

Because it’s his ultimate attack that needs a lot of preparation to be even released?
Uh I gotta stop you there man. (it'll be long) It isn't his ultimate attack. That's a false translation. Even Lightning did the same mistake as tcb in calling it ultimate . It is simply just final secret technique.
極ノ番- (Goku No Ban) extreme/maximum/utmost technique

最終奥義- means final secret technique. It's legit an advanced technique a practitioner knows, that is often kept secret and/or reserved for critical moments. Like we're kinda told even in that chapter too or before. If it was his maximum CT then it wouldn't need so many conditions and restrictions and be so ass without these extra help.

極ノ番 is reaching the maximum or peak of an ability, it surpasses the previous to reach a certain lebel of proficiency, while 最終奥義 emphasizes the finality and secrecy of the technique. It suggests that it's the last resort or the most advanced move in a practitioner's arsenal, often reserved for critical situations.

IMG_4776.jpg

Tldr: don't call fire arrow ultimate technique.

Infact we can even use a obvious parallel here (if you're still not convinced in the fact that fire arrow isn't a ultimate technique) that is blatantly showcased in the narrative: Gojo and Sukuna are similar, very similar. One represents good and the other bad. One has humanity whilst the strongest and the other does not have his humanity whilst strongest. Both have this narrative surrounding them with this "Absolute loneliness from being the strongest, and love", showcasing their parallel. They're kinda like Yin and Yang in a regard.

Now the point of why I brought this up, is because both of these two have three moves, with their final move (the third) always being related to their previous two in order to pull off the third.
With their third move also never being referred to as a maximum technique throughout the entire Manga and fanbook. (Both Hollow Purple and Fire arrow never get called as such in the fanbook)

Hence why, when Kenjaku explains maximum CT, the flashback scene never shows HP and Fire arrow despite their very famous usage if it and are both events before Kenjaku's explanation of Goku No Ban (Maximum technique), and instead the flashback showed Eso's maximum technique and Jogo's maximum technique. (Beginning of chapter 134)

最終奥義- means final secret technique. It's legit an advanced technique a practitioner knows, that is often kept secret and/or reserved for critical moments. Like we're kinda told even in that chapter too or before. If it was his maximum CT then it wouldn't need so many conditions and restrictions and be so ass without these extra help.

極ノ番 is reaching the maximum or peak of an ability, it surpasses the previous to reach a certain lebel of proficiency, while 最終奥義 emphasizes the finality and secrecy of the technique. It suggests that it's the last resort or the most advanced move in a practitioner's arsenal, often reserved for critical situations.
This still reads as Fire Arrow > Sukuna.

Seems like Gege doesn't want them scaling to their ultimate attacks?
Chill it ain't his ultimate attack. 🥸

Gojo by his hollow purple
Amped hollow purple even by more than normal.

If Sukuna scales to the Fire Arrow why he just didnt killed Itadori with a punch instead of risking himself by using a incomplete Domain
Because he was already weakened long ago? Additional that domain both Amps - himself and his abilities - and debuffs the enemies CT or the like when inside it, and he uses a binding vow to further strengthen the fire arrow more than normal, whilst using the domain's range to strengthen it, too. There's like three buffs there. Idk how this is an argument.

This is ignoring the context of the differing output between them. Yes gojo can tank it better in normal circumstances because it is his own CE. But the whole reason why Sukuna ended up in that situation is because gojo had already far surpassed Sukuna in output. One has a proper output for RCT, the other does not. Vastly huge difference in tier.
Same thing could apply to Sukuna and the fire arrow.
And literally nothing happened to him within it (Sukuna). Even Choso's blood armor tanked that shit 😭 maybe it ain't as impressive as yall are trying to make it seem like.
The reduced damage is why Gojo appears to scale but he realistically doesn't and would've gotten destroyed by Red or Purple like Sukuna did if it weren't his own ce.
Huh, no if he were to get hit by his own red without any CE resistance then he's tanking it far better than Sukuna did in regards to red. Only reason Sukuna getting that much screwed over from a red is because of their stats difference. Same goes for HP 100%

I think he means that it's practically his ultimate technique
It isn't. Neither is Purple. Just a more advanced technique. The ones that are actually ultimate in verse is Goku No Ban.

This still reads as Fire Arrow > Sukuna.
Then you glossed over the very idea alongside other two or more on how fire arrow isn't a ultimate technique and just a more advanced technique or his final technique (Like for Gojo in regards to purple). That's the whole point. You'd see that I didn't mention anything >> Sukuna related there. Quite clear.

The thing is, Purple and Fire Arrow are both "explosions", Fire Arrow literally. And by the looks of it Sukuna was incredibly far away from it while Gojo wasn't from Purple. So we'd have to calc his durability how we do with explosion tanking. Therefore the durability of him tanking it wouldn't be in the same tier and even more he took less damage from it. And Purple didn't cause significant damage to Gojo.

For reference the one in Shibuya got mcb for tanking.
Sukuna's literally at the centre of the flames???

Uh I gotta stop you there man. (it'll be long) It isn't his ultimate attack. That's a false translation. Even Lightning did the same mistake as tcb in calling it ultimate . It is simply just final secret technique.

IMG_4776.jpg

Tldr: don't call fire arrow ultimate technique.

Infact we can even use a obvious parallel here (if you're still not convinced in the fact that fire arrow isn't a ultimate technique) that is blatantly showcased in the narrative: Gojo and Sukuna are similar, very similar. One represents good and the other bad. One has humanity whilst the strongest and the other does not have his humanity whilst strongest. Both have this narrative surrounding them with this "Absolute loneliness from being the strongest, and love", showcasing their parallel. They're kinda like Yin and Yang in a regard.

Now the point of why I brought this up, is because both of these two have three moves, with their final move (the third) always being related to their previous two in order to pull off the third.
With their third move also never being referred to as a maximum technique throughout the entire Manga and fanbook. (Both Hollow Purple and Fire arrow never get called as such in the fanbook)

Hence why, when Kenjaku explains maximum CT, the flashback scene never shows HP and Fire arrow despite their very famous usage if it and are both events before Kenjaku's explanation of Goku No Ban (Maximum technique), and instead the flashback showed Eso's maximum technique and Jogo's maximum technique. (Beginning of chapter 134)
I won’t read allat sorry 😅

Not only that, the discussion we are having is simple. We don’t need translations for anything here. It’s kinda obvious that it’s his ultimate technique, it’s why Lightning and TCB don’t just translate things but they adapt them as well.

Meet the average Jujutsu Kaisen fan on VSBW:

“Sukuna scales to the Fire Arrow”

“Hakari dodged lightning”

“The heavy hitters are 2 Fingers Sukuna level”
  • 0 CRTs created
  • 0 revisions approved
  • 7 useless walls of text
Give me liberty

Give me fire

Give me random debates on the general thread

Or I retire

Prove what you say on a CRT: ❌