• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

There should be specific hand signs, otherwise makes no sense for them to desperately try to immobilize his arms/cut them off and neutralize both of his mouths.

Scales of the dragon chant + more than 2 fingers or something probably.

He probably made a binding vow to kill Gojo, or Gojo is stupid

U know that made me think how did Gojo get hit by the slash? Sukuna's output is low, he has a lost hand, and he has to aim, and the slash must've been far weaker.

Gojo would've seen any hand signs, heard any chants, and seen the slash coming but somehow got bisected?

I had said it when 236 came out that strong cleave is gonna cause story issues down the line and i am finally being vindicated. Greg had to add some sort of limitation otherwise there's no reason why Sukuna wouldn't strong cleave the rest of the cast, but in doing so combined with the fact that he didn't show as Gojo death (easily the biggest **** up of 236) there's no logical reason why Gojo would die to the attack in the first place

U know that made me think how did Gojo get hit by the slash? Sukuna's output is low, he has a lost hand, and he has to aim, and the slash must've been far weaker.

Gojo would've seen any hand signs, heard any chants, and seen the slash coming but somehow got bisected?
Greg never liked Gojo anyway he wanted him gone.

Considering its likely the last arc, yeah. It started off strong, got worse with Kashimo, and fell off more with Kenjaku's death to me. I really don't get the point in making Higuruma a talented sorcerer, showing him progress within combat, then possibly killing him off only to introduce Yuta, give Yuta and Yuji a crumb of hype then just drop random world slash and have Maki come in. Maki's not out of nowhere but it just takes away from Yuji and Yuta beating up Sukuna. And we know Sukuna not gonna die yet. He already made Sukuna weakened from Gojo, is he gonna make him weakened again from Yuta and Yuji? Maki's slash might not even have a purpose if Sukuna just feeds someone else a finger lmao

there's no reason why Sukuna wouldn't strong cleave the rest of the cast,
Nah we got good reasons character wise. Sukuna likes to fight and see what people can offer so he of course holds back in character, and then him having lower output for rct also is fine. It's just dumb to have given the slash honestly.

Like even Kishimoto found a way to kill his big bad, introduce another big bad. I think Kenjaku should've been the big bad then Sukuna comes.

I mean chapter 236, the page turner with Gojo's death dead body is one of my favorite moments of this entire manga, showing the slash would make the entire thing meaningless.

But i do agree that it's too sudenn, what i would do to fix it is to show Sukuna whispering something at the end while Gojo aproaches him.

Apparently Gege offscreened Gojo because he knew there's no ******* way it would work with all those requirements (hand signs and chants)
He said let's kill Gojo for now then we'll see how to handle it later

I don't even hate the offscreen as much as some people. It's just concept of the world slash is lame. And needing Mahoraga as a blueprint. The entire fight in retrospect was just Sukuna giving Gojo free raw moments, sometimes out of Gojo's own volition, and not doing anything so he can adapt. We were built up for Ryomen Sukuna vs Gojo, not Gojo vs the full potential of 10 Shadows with a sprinkle of Malevolent Shrine (which was ASS btw, Gojo made a joke of it. Gojo even stopped RCT, charged Sukuna, hugged him, shot a red and tanked all of the slashes in that timeframe).

To this day I'm annoyed that we never saw Gojo throw hands with Sukuna in his true form.

Maybe I'm reading Sukuna Kaisen, but I wouldn't even be mad if Sukuna, instead of world slashing, transformed into his true form after the Unlimited Purple and killed Gojo with something from the black box technique, or if Gege mickey moused a way for Sukuna's Hiten to bypass infinity. He's clearly not afraid to bullshit things up for Sukuna so at least make him look raw doing it lol.

I would've preferred something simple but not all that normal for villains. Sukuna's getting beaten like he was for the most part, and right before Gojo lands a last hit, we get a good flashback to his fight 1000 years ago against the sorcerers and he remembers a sorcerer doing extension tech against him and right before we see if the extension tech hurt Sukuna, it goes back to Sukuna with a black panel chanting and then we get the dead Gojo panel.

Imagine like a short 3 or 4 chapters showing us the past fight Sukuna engaged in and he ends up using what he learned against Gojo. Wouldn't need any Maho, would've been so easy and showed us a real difference between Gojo and Sukuna which is a knowledge gap.

Shit just devalued Sukuna's skills, and undermined Gojo's attempt to connect with Sukuna.

I’m calling it, megumi is the one doing the chants inside of sukuna which is why the world slash against Gojo was offscreened, so we get the shocking reveal later.

Maybe I'm reading Sukuna Kaisen, but I wouldn't even be mad if Sukuna, instead of world slashing, transformed into his true form after the Unlimited Purple and killed Gojo with something from the black box technique, or if Gege mickey moused a way for Sukuna's Hiten to bypass infinity. He's clearly not afraid to bullshit things up for Sukuna so at least make him look raw doing it lol.
I agree with this

There should be specific hand signs, otherwise makes no sense for them to desperately try to immobilize his arms/cut them off and neutralize both of his mouths.
Well they cut them off because they didn't wanted him to fight back? Arkenis point kinda points out either it doesn't need a sign or just one hand is enough for that. At best it's just pointing out fingers and you need only one hand. I guess.

I already brought this up when chapter 230 was going around. I remember many people complaining here regarding that would be asspull.

What I'm saying is people were still gonna cry even if Sukuna didn't used World Slash and just Bypassed infinity with his Hiten like ISOH.

I think it would’ve been received a lot better. One of the issues was that Sukuna used Maho for the whole thing.

Megumi is chanting for sukuna or what? How did he manage the world slash with no hand signs and chants?
I mean it was never confirmed how that ****** fires those off, we only got a theory from kusakabe that it may be the chants, the hand signs or an impromptu binding vow and honestly with everything we've seen I think its a binding vow and sukuna was just baiting yuta and yuji into thinking it was the hand signs, or it may just be the chants since ya know he still has his regular mouth.

I think it would’ve been received a lot better. One of the issues was that Sukuna used Maho for the whole thing.
The hell would be the point of maho then? just for the hell off it? just to waste time until sukuna pulls out his gojo killing stick? Just to throw away the whole 10S vs limitless foreshadowing into the trash bin? I mean come on my man what you are suggesting literally invalidates 40% of all the big gojo foreshadowing in the series and for what? sukuna just pulling a toji? if ya ask me thats lame.

I mean chapter 236, the page turner with Gojo's death dead body is one of my favorite moments of this entire manga, showing the slash would make the entire thing meaningless.
Ikr that impact was something else like chapter starting with airport. I liked the concept of Gege's story telling there
But i do agree that it's too sudenn, what i would do to fix it is to show Sukuna whispering something at the end while Gojo aproaches him.
I guess we might get the scene in Volume release. Gege does adds additional scenes.

The hell would be the point of maho then? just for the hell off it? just to waste time until sukuna pulls out his gojo killing stick? Just to throw away the whole 10S vs limitless foreshadowing into the trash bin? I mean come on my man what you are suggesting literally invalidates 40% of all the big gojo foreshadowing in the series and for what? sukuna just pulling a toji? if ya ask me thats lame.
It's pretty obvious. Megumi and Maho should've never been used to further the biggest fight in the series, the whole fight became reduced to Limitless vs Maho + Domain battles. It undermines the importance of the fight, it being about Gojo and Sukuna as the strongest and having to deal with that and Gojo trying to connect with Sukuna as one of the strongest. Gojo literally brings up how Sukuna couldn't give it his all and this was in part due to him being risky and using Maho as a means to win.

I'm sure Gege could've taken Maho in several different ways, it could've been totality with another shikigami that enabled Maho to have defeated the previous Six Eyes user. It could've been Megumi defeating Maho, then developing Maho's wheel on his own and being important in defeating Kenjaku or Sukuna.

Personally Maho shouldn't have been made. It ended up taking away how useful TS is. All your shikigamis not working? Ain't tamed the others? Summon Maho he got it. Fighting Six Eyes? Summon Maho, he'll figure it out bro. And that foreshadowing was what Megumi thinking that's how the previous TS user did it? Make Megumi wrong, make Megumi figure out a new way to use the TS. Think about it, the deer, the tiger, the ox, nue totality, all of them were forgotten, why? And you can't even say "oh well they can't get through Limitless" those shikigami can use curse energy, Sukuna can amp them, why not have Sukuna develop them using domain amp? Why must it be Mahoraga? Gege threw the TS out the window and went Mahoraga is TS now.

don't act like that was a good story choice everyone hates kaguya for a reason.
Everyone doesn't. Those people who don't, don't understand how good Kaguya fits into the story. And lets say it wasn't the best choice, its still far better than anything Gege's done in this arc so far.

It's pretty obvious. Megumi and Maho should've never been used to further the biggest fight in the series, the whole fight became reduced to Limitless vs Maho + Domain battles. It undermines the importance of the fight, it being about Gojo and Sukuna as the strongest and having to deal with that and Gojo trying to connect with Sukuna as one of the strongest. Gojo literally brings up how Sukuna couldn't give it his all and this was in part due to him being risky and using Maho as a means to win.

I'm sure Gege could've taken Maho in several different ways, it could've been totality with another shikigami that enabled Maho to have defeated the previous Six Eyes user. It could've been Megumi defeating Maho, then developing Maho's wheel on his own and being important in defeating Kenjaku or Sukuna.

Personally Maho shouldn't have been made. It ended up taking away how useful TS is. All your shikigamis not working? Ain't tamed the others? Summon Maho he got it. Fighting Six Eyes? Summon Maho, he'll figure it out bro. And that foreshadowing was what Megumi thinking that's how the previous TS user did it? Make Megumi wrong, make Megumi figure out a new way to use the TS. Think about it, the deer, the tiger, the ox, nue totality, all of them were forgotten, why? And you can't even say "oh well they can't get through Limitless" those shikigami can use curse energy, Sukuna can amp them, why not have Sukuna develop them using domain amp? Why must it be Mahoraga? Gege threw the TS out the window and went Mahoraga is TS now.
eh to each their own (I am not getting into another 4 page long argument on this thread)
Everyone doesn't. Those people who don't, don't understand how good Kaguya fits into the story. And lets say it wasn't the best choice, its still far better than anything Gege's done in this arc so far.
(actually you know what? no I am)
sorry 98% of the fanbase that better? dude Kaguya and her introduction hell the whole 10 tails and the sage of six paths situation flat out took a steaming dump on Naruto as a premise, we went from an underdog story to literal incarnation of ninja space Jesus in one arc, hell the whole child of prophecy nonsense was already breaking the whole you are born into your role vs hard work theme of part 1 and early Shippuden but it could be fin-angled into Naruto just fitting the role of "the child of prophecy" through simple hard work and training and it not being related to him being born as the literal reincarnation of a god, but nooooooo Kishimoto just had to literally make the whole 60% of the story's massage flat-out wrong and confirm that yeah people are born into their stations. Oh and Kaguya? my man her introduction was ass pure and simple, she gets introduced as a side note 9 chapters prior to her introduction into the story by oh ya know just killing off a villain that was built up for well over 100 chapters and has been the main force behind the story movement for the past 200 chapters no biggy oh and when does Kishimoto introduce any of that info? oh right just 30 chapters prior to the ending of the story.... You look at all that and tell me its a good story decision come on, tell me how introducing a space alien god, ******** over the main idea of the story and killing off the main villain of the past 200 chapters in the last 3% (not even a joke) of the story is in any way shape or form a good idea?

I love Naruto man and hell I like Kishimoto's story telling but to look at the war arc and the pile of utter dog manure that are the otsutsuki and say that they are better written than current jjk is a level of copium that would put an elephant into the ground.

Last edited:
(actually you not what no I am)
sorry 98% of the fanbase that better? dude Kaguya and her introduction hell the whole 10 tails and the sage of six paths situation flat out took a steaming dump on Naruto as a premise, we went from an underdog story to literal incarnation of ninja space Jesus in one arc, hell the whole child of prophecy nonsense was already breaking the whole you are born into your role vs hard work theme of part 1 and early Shippuden but it could be fin-angled into Naruto just fitting the role of "the child of prophecy" through simple hard work and training and it not being related to him being born as the literal reincarnation of a god, but nooooooo Kishimoto just had to literally make the whole 60% of the story's massage flat-out wrong and confirm that yeah people are born into their stations.
You can go watch the numerous videos explaining how this perception is wrong, or look to the manga: Neji chose his path, the same way Naruto chose his path and the same for Sasuke, Madara, Hashirama, Minato, Jiraiya. They all chose their path in life. They all went through hard work, they all faced challenges and could've easily taken Nagato or Obito's route, who also chose their path. This theme is not broken, people like you see it as black and white and think "this don't look like hard work, wtf Kishimoto?"

Just because one is born into a great lineage like Naruto, does not devalue the hard work he had to go through, if anything it should show you that no matter your place in life everyone still has to go through shit. And this station thing makes no sense, literally Naruto sees himself in Gaara and thinks he could've became like him. Obito thinks this same thing lmao. One of Naruto's big themes is that everyone falls down a certain path due to their circumstances but they can always change that and choose to go down a different path. This is in part Obito's last purpose in the story.

You can go watch the numerous videos explaining how this perception is wrong, or look to the manga: Neji chose his path, the same way Naruto chose his path and the same for Sasuke, Madara, Hashirama, Minato, Jiraiya. They all chose their path in life. They all went through hard work, they all faced challenges and could've easily taken Nagato or Obito's route, who also chose their path. This theme is not broken, people like you see it as black and white and think "this don't look like hard work, wtf Kishimoto?"
yeah cept ya know naruto literally getting god powers not by working for them but by the sage just literally handing them to him and the actual hard working ninja who did get his godly power through training aka guy gets sidelined after nearly beating madara, this is literally spitting in the face of the premise considering that happens back to back (literally within 2 chapters)
Just because one is born into a great lineage like Naruto, does not devalue the hard work he had to go through, if anything it should show you that no matter your place in life everyone still has to go through shit. And this station thing makes no sense, literally Naruto sees himself in Gaara and thinks he could've became like him. Obito thinks this same thing lmao. One of Naruto's big themes is that everyone falls down a certain path due to their circumstances but they can always change that and choose to go down a different path. This is in part Obito's last purpose in the story.
cept he wasn't simply born into a "great lineage" he is the literal reincarnation of a god, this isn't some hyperbol or anything we legit get the info that he just so happens to be the incarnation of Ashura aka son of ninja space god aka ninja jesus 30 ******* chapters before the story ends, this alone makes the last 670 chapters of naruto moot.

Oh and speaking of "numerous" videos explaining how kaguya is good you will find them outnumbered 1 to 10 by people explaining why the war arc and the otsutski plot line is flat out awful and the funny part is even the most die hard fans of naruto don't tend to defend the war arc, it is widly excepted by the fandom that it was bad and actually brough the story down as a whole, hell you can even ask people here what they think and they will tell you that the war arc is bad.

Last edited:
I always didn't like the idea of Sukuna having a direct counter to Gojo, Sukuna figuring out how to do it would be much better, however if he did that with his own abilities it would've been much better than what we got

I mean come on, Sukuna fans were complaining that Gojo winning would be bad writing because Sukuna is the main villain argument but now we would argue that Sukuna should've had from the beginning a counter to Gojo sunce the heian era? That would ruin the most awated battle in the series

Sukuna should've figured it out during the battle, its just that how that process was carried on was done wrong

Last edited:
I always didn't like the idea of Sukuna having a direct counter to Gojo, Sukuna figuring out how to do it would be much better, however if he did that with his own abilities it would've been much better than what we got
Yeah tbh I don’t like how the fight was Limitless Vs 10 Shadows merchant.

Like I said, people would have complained regardless. Even if Sukuna created a new technique in the middle of the fight, Gojo fan girls would have still found a way to call it an asspull. The fight is over, and people need to accept that fact and move on. Not to mention, the Ten Shadows vs. Limitless technique was teased from the beginning of the series. That foreshadowing would have gone to waste. The fight seemed like Sukuna was using his experience and knowledge of Jujutsu to prove why he was the King of Curses, taking the new technique he acquired to another level. I honestly don't have any problem with how it ended. But this is just people complaining even they enjoyed the fight until chapter 235, but just because Gojo lost in chapter 236, the whole fight becomes bad.

Back