• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

If I'm understanding correctly you are saying it drags the technique inside that empty space and nulls it afterwards right?

Kinda, what I'm saying is that it is Power Nullification through the mechanics of absorption.

The thing about explaining powers is that you'll often find that the way they accomplish their goals is built off of the usage of other powers. But ultimately when we list them we're going more for the main idea with the ability and less how it functions.

Domain Amplification nullifies curse techinques, so its power nullification. The way it nullifies techinques is through placing them into an empty domain, which is BFR/Pocket Reality Manipulation/Absorption. You could probably argue Law Manipulation since it relies on changing the condition and functioning of your barrier

Sky Manipulation returns that to sender.
thats a funny image to be honest

Gojo is just floating there all high like yapping about how he is the honored one with yuta just standing there with his usual dead pan look and the signiture sweat drop gojo fires off purple and yuta just like:

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

For my upcoming JJK revision, I'll split into several parts because it'd be too overwhelming to discuss 200+ chapters in one thread. So the first one is BoS to Shibuya. Easy to index since it's not a lot of characters, plus a lot of them have a few appearances and are very minor. After Shibuya we have like the triple of characters lmao.

Imagine Sukuna hits a BF next chapter and regains his RCT output like Gojo. I can already see JJK fans starting to cry about why a sorcerer whose jujutsu skills are top-notch in the verse can hit a BF & starts complaining it's cheating and an asspull.

Imagine Sukuna hits a BF next chapter and regains his RCT output like Gojo. I can already see JJK fans starting to cry about why a sorcerer whose jujutsu skills are top-notch in the verse can hit a BF & starts complaining it's cheating and an asspull.
For me whenever Sukuna does something like this it's not neccesserally that it doesn't make sense in universe or is an asspull, but it gives the strongest guy in the verse a bunch of advantages that he doesn't even need

For me whenever Sukuna does something like this it's not neccesserally that it doesn't make sense in universe or is an asspull, but it gives the strongest guy in the verse a bunch of advantages that he doesn't even need
Yeah, I understand that. But unlike other series, at least Gege is making an effort to have Sukuna live up to his hype. Having a character like Sukuna, who terrorized the peak of the jujutsu world, getting Negged without showcasing the skills he's acquired throughout his life would be a worst shit that would happen to his character. Gege has portrayed Sukuna as one of the smartest characters in the verse when it comes to combat skills, so not showcasing his intelligence would be dumb. I know that this could make the main cast vulnerable, but it's something fans should be prepared for and accept instead of crying. Just imagine if Gojo infinity never functioned in the series, it would be like same for Sukuna, the top sorcerer, not even having basic skills that others possess.

Yeah, I understand that. But unlike other series, at least Gege is making an effort to have Sukuna live up to his hype. Having a character like Sukuna, who terrorized the peak of the jujutsu world, getting Negged without showcasing the skills he's acquired throughout his life would be a worst shit that would happen to his character. Gege has portrayed Sukuna as one of the smartest characters in the verse when it comes to combat skills, so not showcasing his intelligence would be dumb. I know that this could make the main cast vulnerable, but it's something fans should be prepared for and accept instead of crying. Just imagine if Gojo infinity never functioned in the series, it would be like same for Sukuna, the top sorcerer, not even having basic skills that others possess.
But a lot of it is not even Sukuna showcasing his skills, he's just been really lucky. He was lucky Mahoraga managed to create a blue print for strong cleave before getting oblitarated by Gojo, he was lucky that the cursed tool Yorozu gave him was confiscated by Judgeman and he will again be lucky if he managies to land a black flash. If anything this is holding him back from using all his abilities because we've spent half a year now with Sukuna fighting different people and he still hasn't used Fuga once.

So basically Yuta gets folded by 15F Meguna and Yuji has comparable dura to him. Ryo is more durable than them and seeing how Yuta had to defeat him using his own attack he might be stronger than them too

If anything it's still impressive that Yuta without the ring connection was able to go hand to hand against Ryu and they were both very comparable.

It's also weird because Ryu complimenented Yuta's durability thanks to his immense CE pool.

Ryu himself says that punching Yuta is like "knocking against a massive water tank" so it's likely that he's more durable

It doesn't say he is more durable than Ryu.
Ryu's durability >~ Yuta's durability > Ryu's normal punches.

Having better durability doens't always needs to have good striking power. Not to mention Ryu serious punch having a statement for one shoting fully manifested Rika and Rika having statement for more or less EQ toughness as Yuta.

Both Ryu and Yuta are more or less EQ in Physical powers overall.

Why would it be assumed that all debris left the AoE of the arrow ? Dust would still end up getting vaped and it seems a bit disingenuous to suggest all of it left the area specially when next scene doesn’t show areas next to the crater covered in dust.
The debris was being launched rapidly in every direction as soon as Sukuna's Domain went up and then Sukuna waited for the dust to clear up and Mahoraga to almost finish regenerating before even summoning the fire arrow. It's not as if the explosion at the end was perfectly circular either and any debris still left in the area would've been pushed away as the explosion expanded, The Low 7-B calc requires every building to have been perfectly intact which already makes it more inaccurate than the 7-C one

The debris was being launched rapidly in every direction as soon as Sukuna's Domain went up and then Sukuna waited for the dust to clear up and Mahoraga to almost finish regenerating before even summoning the fire arrow. It's not as if the explosion at the end was perfectly circular either and any debris still left in the area would've been pushed away as the explosion expanded, The Low 7-B calc requires every building to have been perfectly intact which already makes it more inaccurate than the 7-C one
While I can agree that not all of the dust from the buildings was in the area to be burned away when Sukuna shoots his arrow, what we're shown isn't the dust completely cleared when Sukuna shoots the arrow just still clearing as even Mahoraga still has some around him. That and there are buildings still collapsing around in the area after the shrine has been dropped. The idea that most of the solid debris was just pushed away doesn't make sense because the immideate aftermath and subsequent revisits of the area never showcase any scattered buildings or noticeable chunks left in the wake of Sukuna's explosion.

Has the series ever touched on whether one's Cursed Energy reserve can ever change?
Yuta and Yuji are the only cases that come to mind instantly.

Yuta was said to have endless CE just with Rika originally, but lost his Special Grade status and I assume that amount of CE until he trained himself back up.

And Yuji got enough CE to be a sorcerer after eating Sukuna's finger, so I assume he's getting more with subsequent finger consumption.

But otherwise, I don't believe its ever been stated that CE amount can change

I meant in regards to people. With Cursed Spirits we know for sure they can get more because of the likes of the finger bearer's and the nature of cursed spirits being more deadly depending on how feared they are by humanity.

Like that spirit that was given the wrong grade that Nanami fought because it was worshiped by locals as a diety

We don’t get a shot of the debri completely clearing the radius of MS and the only view you use to prove it got away get doesn’t even properly portray what you’re saying as they’re both close ups of Characters against a barren / featureless background.

You say it gets launched in all directions but at no point is there a clear shot of it all of the debri having cleared the radius of the technique, if you want to calc it use the last shot and figure out what % of the debri actually left the the area and substract accordingly.

Back