• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

That doesnt matter, she still couldnt do anything to him, and when she sees nanami fighting him she's amazed by how strong nanami is.

I don't see where nobara scales to him. He can react to her, his sword can hurt her and punches her and she drops down to the floor. Never lands a hit on him.

Ok so how does nobara scale to that if she cant tank it? Got her brain rattled, gets cut, cant tag him, seems like she doesnt scale.

So lets say, throwing a rock at hypersonic speeds doesnt make the rock travel at hypersonic speed after the throw? And they are like, 3 meters apart

Last edited:
I just want the speed of the character. I don't know why that guy would be Hypersonic also.
Also reacting to one attack doesn't mean she can keep up with him up close. You brought up how far they are and that helps me since you the closer you are the harder it is to react since you'd less time to react.

I just want the speed of the character. I don't know why that guy would be Hypersonic also.
Also reacting to one attack doesn't mean she can keep up with him up close. You brought up how far they are and that helps me since you the closer you are the harder it is to react since you'd less time to react.
I brought up 3 meters because that distance is not notable enough for the object to lose its initial speed after the throw, and 3 meters is kinda close if you ask me, plus she reacted just fine

I only know of him scaling to that one girl during the good will and that was his reaction speed iirc. And my point with the 3 meters is that 3 meters is a massive distance compared to nobara swinging her hammer.

that's fine but that doesn't mean she would scale to him at close range. Same way reacting to light speed from 10 meters away wouldn't make you as fast as the light. She'd scale lower. Like I know she's hypersonic but I don't think she's as fast as him.

what? I could show you calcs where people react to light speed attacks and don't result in ls. My whole point is that she scales at distance and not up close.

what? I could show you calcs where people react to light speed attacks and don't result in ls. My whole point is that she scales at distance and not up close.
Sure, but they have been calced, right? Thats my point. Plus, its not a must that the speed will be slower. You'd need a calc for that, especially with a dubious feat like this one

Btw, on Gojo's page: "Striking Strength: At least City Class, likely higher (Damaged Sukuna with a simple punch)"
But the scan is of Gojo damaging a 1 FINGER Sukuna, this doesn't make any sense

Um, wow, this thread accumulated a ton of replies in a single day. I just wanted to mention that Nobara's senses becoming profoundly sharp and that allowing her to perform a Black Flash more easily or Yuuji performing black flashes with greater consistency because he's very good at this whole "make the flow of cursed energy not match the flow of your attack but only by very very little" thing DOES NOT MEAN that Black Flash can be performed at will.

It only means that Black Flash requires timing too precise for anyone to reach at will, but that characters who have a naturally better timing or whose senses sharpen to give them a better timing ARE MORE LIKELY to reach that spark of 0.000001 s.

Just like no human can ever react to something that happens within a single frame of a game that runs at 60 frames per second, but it's still the case that many humans can hit frame-perfect inputs, with some consistency even, by planning for their timing ahead of time and sharpening their senses. Some humans can even hit frame perfect inputs with VERY HIGH consistency, such as "fourteen times in a row within a short amount of time" (the legendary Daigo parry).

Also, characters "feeling the Black Flash" isn't them being able to react to the millionth-of-a-second timing. It's just them being able to feel the very powerful internal feedback from achieving that feat. It's said that anyone who reaches a Black Flash receives an undescribable sensation, it doesn't matter if they lucked into it (which they DO) or did it voluntarily. Think of it like as if whenever you managed to do a Frame Perfect Parry in a 120 FPS fighting game, you felt a physical rush of power through your body in real life. Most humans wouldn't reach this sensation except out of luck (assuming that, similarly to Smash Bros's Parry, it required letting go of the button very precisely, rather than hitting it at the right time... I'm making it more difficult and risky just to make the whole thing less likely to happen), but those who did it, out of luck or not, would still feel this strong rush of power. That's the "feeling of Black Flash" which changes a sorcerer forever once experienced. It's not "being able to react within a millionth of a second", it's a feedback caused by BF itself.

So no, nobody within the series can react within a millionth of a second, and even if a character could always land Black Flashes consistently, this would STILL not give them millionth-of-a-second reaction time, although they'd definitely have a very fast reaction speed.

Last edited:
Um, wow, this thread accumulated a ton of replies in a single day. I just wanted to mention that Nobara's senses becoming profoundly sharp and that allowing her to perform a Black Flash more easily or Yuuji performing black flashes with greater consistency because he's very good at this whole "make the flow of cursed energy not match the flow of your attack but only by very very little" thing DOES NOT MEAN that Black Flash can be performed at will.

It only means that Black Flash requires timing too precise for anyone to reach at will, but that characters who have a naturally better timing or whose senses sharpen to give them a better timing ARE MORE LIKELY to reach that spark of 0.000001 s.

Just like no human can ever react to something that happens within a single frame of a game that runs at 60 frames per second, but it's still the case that many humans can hit frame-perfect inputs, with some consistency even, by planning for their timing ahead of time and sharpening their senses. Some humans can even hit frame perfect inputs with VERY HIGH consistency, such as "fourteen times in a row within a short amount of time" (the legendary Daigo parry).
This

Also, am I the only one who REALLY wants some company to make a 2D fighting game for Jujutsu Kaisen, which runs at 120 frames per second (shouldn't be too hard with modern computers and sacrificing a bit on graphics and stuff) and which allows for players to land Black Flashes if they press a button at the exact frame in which their hitbox lands??? Thus multiplying damage by 2.5x and allowing for long-winded combos to go from full health to zero even on tanky characters and dealt by weak characters if an entire over-a-dozen-hits-combo is landed with Black Flash only? Or zero-to-KO if it's a platform fighter.

The idea just sounds too amazing to me. It needs to be 120 FPS because we already know that high level players can perform 60fps frame perfect inputs with some consistency (I don't need that much luck to do a frame perfect pixel perfect input in Celeste and I'm far from being a pro gamer) and top level players can do them rather consistently, so we need 120 fps to make even top level players generally unable to do it at will.

how fast?
Humans who can consistently do 60fps frame perfect inputs can generally react to stuff within a bit less than a tenth of a second. So let's say the reaction time would be still around five times slower, should the same proportion be maintained.

You guys think in the anime characters should say domain expansion like a loud scream how ichigo says bankai or should they say it calmly? Or should they say Ryōiki Tenkai?

You guys think in the anime characters should say domain expansion like a loud scream how ichigo says bankai or should they say it calmly? Or should they say Ryōiki Tenkai?
Depends a lot on the scene in question, but for some scenarios... definitely the slow and calm way. Especially if it's with a very imposing voice after making the opponent lose all hopes of winning. Kinda like a huge flex "You're already dead, so let me finish you off with a bang". Like what Satoru did, but could be done with even more badassery.

If Itadori Yuuji learns to do Domain Expansion, though I want him to do it with the maximum shounen protagonist vibe. Doesn't have to be a loud scream, but can be very assertive and determined. Unless the character is about to f*cking die and has just obtained the last piece to use the technique, then it can be an insanely loud and desperate "RYOUIKI TENKAAAAAAAI!!" which neutralizes the enemy technique on the nick of time as that character open his arms during his cream and exhales a shit-ton of cursed energy.

Back