• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Yeah because it reflects what Gege could not do/didn't do good at, it is basically, so to speak, a way of rewriting previous Manga scenes with more additional detail and so on. That or you can simply just call it secondary canon and call it a day, it doesn't matter which one of these two you choose. What matters is that it is simply canon.

Yeah because it reflects what Gege could not do/didn't do good at, it is basically, so to speak, a way of rewriting previous Manga scenes with more additional detail and so on. That or you can simply just call it secondary canon and call it a day, it doesn't matter which one of these two you choose. What matters is that it is simply canon.
I donā€™t know why youā€™re obsessed with the anime being canon, or even secondary canon. The most youā€™ll get from it is timeframes and clarification on ambiguous scenes.

If you or anyone else is planning to use the fact that Gege ā€œsupervisesā€ the anime to make Jogoā€™s feats as canon, just give up. The wiki doesnā€™t accept extended fights feats, as they donā€™t happen in the manga.

The part where you say that Gege does what he couldnā€™t do in the manga, Iā€™m pretty sure they never said that.

As of now, the manga is the primary canon and source of everything.

I donā€™t know why youā€™re obsessed with the anime being canon, or even secondary canon. The most youā€™ll get from it is timeframes and clarification on ambiguous scenes.

If you or anyone else is planning to use the fact that Gege ā€œsupervisesā€ the anime to make Jogoā€™s feats as canon, just give up. The wiki doesnā€™t accept extended fights feats, as they donā€™t happen in the manga.

The part where you say that Gege does what he couldnā€™t do in the manga, Iā€™m pretty sure they never said that.

This isn't necessarily true. The only exceptions listed as you outlined above are limited to tertiary canon. In fact, on the canon page itself, it explicitly outlines why most anime are not "canonical" with it being that it's an adaption with no supervision from original authors (which is not the case here). New feats are allowed for secondary canon so long as there is no contradiction, and this seemingly extends to "details added to existing fight scenes" as only tertiary canon is outlined as not qualifying for such. The main difference between primary and secondary canon is the aspect of a contradiction, which must be proven as so long as a feat is depicted accurately, any tier of canon can be used for judgment.

Relevant sections

So for most manga series, that means the original manga is canonical, while the anime is not (since the anime is simply an adaptation of the manga made by others). Databooks are considered secondary canon since scans tend to contradict them. It should be noted that this is often evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

• Entirely new feats of tertiary canon, like for example new abilities, should be disregarded. Details added to existing fight scenes, such as damage caused to the surroundings, can be accepted for text based media like books.
  • Any changes based on tertiary canon will only be accepted if they are not contradicted by any instances of another canon, with regards to either the character power-scale, or logical inconsistencies (and plot holes).

This isn't necessarily true. The only exceptions listed as you outlined above are limited to tertiary canon. In fact, on the canon page itself, it explicitly outlines why most anime are not "canonical" with it being that it's an adaption with no supervision from original authors (which is not the case here). New feats are allowed for secondary canon so long as there is no contradiction, and this seemingly extends to "details added to existing fight scenes" as only tertiary canon is outlined as not qualifying for such. The main difference between primary and secondary canon is the aspect of a contradiction, which must be proven as so long as a feat is depicted accurately, any tier of canon can be used for judgment.

Relevant sections
I am very aware of our standards on this, and Iā€™m not debating whether or not the anime is tertiary or secondary on our standards. What Iā€™am saying is that after todayā€™s episode with the destruction feats we had, most users here expressed their desire to make the anime canon, and outside from Milly, who has stated that he wanted to do it again, everyone is just saying it because we got new feats.

The manga fight does not support the anime interpretation of it. Outside of the meteor, there is not much destruction. It kinda breaks the point of Sukuna blasting Shibuya away later on.

I am all in for discussions, but this is something we will again debate for more pages than we want and then probably not conclude it.

I am very aware of our standards on this, and Iā€™m not debating whether or not the anime is tertiary or secondary on our standards. What Iā€™am saying is that after todayā€™s episode with the destruction feats we had, most users here expressed their desire to make the anime canon, and outside from Milly, who has stated that he wanted to do it again, everyone is just saying it because we got new feats.

The manga fight does not support the anime interpretation of it. Outside of the meteor, there is not much destruction. It kinda breaks the point of Sukuna blasting Shibuya away later on.

I am all in for discussions, but this is something we will again debate for more pages than we want and then probably not conclude it.
Yeah no doubt, this isn't really the place for this discussion lol. I'm just highlighting that additional fight scenes are warranted for secondary canon so long as there is no contradiction. The discussion for whether or not that contradiction actually exists should be taken to the proper place when the time comes.

For now, let's just enjoy the show.

Talking about enjoying the show, Mappa will have to enslave the animators again if they want to keep this standard of quality.

We will have Sukuna Vs Mahoraga and then two major deaths in a row. Then ******* Itadori and Todo Vs Mahito fight.

Next season with Culling Games we will have Yuta Vs Ryu and Uro and others major fights.

Talking about enjoying the show, Mappa will have to enslave the animators again if they want to keep this standard of quality.

We will have Sukuna Vs Mahoraga and then two major deaths in a row. Then ******* Itadori and Todo Vs Mahito fight.

Next season with Culling Games we will have Yuta Vs Ryu and Uro and others major fights.
It's pretty sad, the animators are even making posts highlighting the bad animation parts and how it isn't their fault.

But yeah, I think the money is there for them to put a lot of stock into the anime for the next two seasons (right after culling games is Gojo vs Sukuna lol) it really will just be a matter of having staff or not.

Honestly, I donā€™t even know why they havenā€™t unionized yet and started a strike like the hollywood writers and actors. I may be saying some dumb shit because I donā€™t know about japanese laws, but this practice of basically enslaving them is old and unfortunately very common.
Japanese people.......

why are you using such strong words? This is such a big exaggeration that I find extremely weird coming from you. Or unnecessary.
Also, wdym? First of all, Yall were talking about anime being not canon, and you doubled down on that yourself, I merely responded and said that yall are just wrong. Secondly, anime being canon does actually help out with a lot of things, whether it be making things more clear, or to better suit the vision of Gege's actual intended reflection of his story. It adds a lot to it, with Choso vs Yuji, Mechamaru vs Mahito and Sukuna vs Jogo adding lots of new things, extra clarity to things that the Manga is or may be vague about. (In general even. Makes it more enjoyable too) In comparison to the Manga, it adds a much more clear vision, which Gege himself even thinking so.

Wiki doing that or not doesn't matter lol. Even then, that's quite false. We can and could use these feats, because they're canon and Gege is DIRECTLY involved in the production of the anime, where MAPPA extensively and closely discusses a lot of details in meetings a lot with Gege and Shueisha. They also SEEK approval first hand from Gege for something they are doing. Literally MAPPA itself is basically working on the orders of Gege himself (who owns the series) , and they intend to be as accurate as possible in following Gege's story, with extras added or extended information or new information also added in (Nobara's backstory for example)

He actually did say that. He even expresses that there are things that one couldn't execute whereas the anime could, which he is happy and in approval of. Even Choso doing better against Yuji in the anime is something Gege approved in his vision. Literally canon.

Yeah so? Both the anime and manga are primary canon, or the anime could be secondary canon, at least one of them, so pick whatever of these two. The reason is quite simple like I have explained above: They literally extensively discuss in detail about the production of the series closely with Gege and Shueisha, and what they do and or plan to add in, would need the check of Gege and his specific approval for it. He's basically the director of the anime itself with his role with how extensively he works together and how they basically need his approval for the production of the story.
Though I'd like to express that, I literally don't think like the others do when it comes to, as you said: "What Iā€™am saying is that after todayā€™s episode with the destruction feats we had, most users here expressed their desire to make the anime canon, and outside from Milly, who has stated that he wanted to do it again, everyone is just saying it because we got new feats."
I literally don't care for the feats. I just disagree with the idea that the anime isn't, at the very, least secondary canon.

I mean most people are not even talking about that specific part, hell I was the only one who brought up the whole Jogo turning half of shibuya into melted slag what I've seen more talked about is toji's speed feats (which don't actually contradict much other than maybe the lighting one but there is no showcase of him dodgeing it so hey)

The more interesting thing relating to AP which can be applied since it contradicts nothing is the actual formation of the maximum meteor as we see it pulling it multiple cars and destroid buildings.

I mean conisdering that they said that these preticular fights(jogo V sukuna, maho V sukuna and mahito V yuji) where the ones that took like 3 times the animation length that the rest of the season did I can tell you right now that the fights coming up are going to go insane and make us insane in the process.

Them animatiors are about to hit us with unlimited animation and send us straight into a catatonic state.

I think the point is that the only combat applicable end would be the one second end, because several years is over-time, unless it was said that they can instantly output that much. The other ends would be a stamina feat I guess.
Ah that makes sense, my next point was gonna be how he can't output all his energy energy at once anyway so fair enough

One second being used is extremely odd considering the very next chapter, they say even one sorcerer can power them for a lifetime. Itā€™s extremely incongruous with what the blatantly asserts. Coupled with the numerous overpowering a nation statements, the obvious conclusion to me is that itā€™s country level.
Well, if lifetime means 65 years the result is 6.6740792e+21 Joules šŸ’€

One second being used is extremely odd considering the very next chapter, they say even one sorcerer can power them for a lifetime. Itā€™s extremely incongruous with what the blatantly asserts. Coupled with the numerous overpowering a nation statements, the obvious conclusion to me is that itā€™s country level.
Energy works with joules per second. Gojo's power can power a country for a lifetime but all this output can only work for the AP system within one second.

You should probably give a source on the statement, it's especially important how he would be powering it, if it wasn't all done in one action but by providing energy for a long amount of time, then that'd effectively be powering it for a second at a time.

Back