• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Sukuna most definitely has something that can get through Infinity: his domain. Sukuna has been the only character so far to show a domain capable of being conjured without a Curtain, which probably gives it greater range, more refinement (allowing it the ability to counter Limitless Void!) and a quicker expansion (no need to take your time to create a curtain if you're insanely skilled!). This means that Sukuna can resist Satoru's domain and damage him through his defensive hax.

Sukuna may not resist Purple, but if he's sufficiently faster and stronger to dodge it, which is clearly a possible thing to do, then he may only be beaten by Gojo after leaving the strongest sorcerer bloodied and exhausted.

oh definitely, sukunas domain would neg gojo's. its more refined and it's likely bigger too. I think gojo could react to dismantle and tank but cleave and a persistent cleave would probably neg him .

I think something that the series itself is trying to say is that both are the respective pinnacles of their side. Not just Sukuna as is he is now, but Sukuna at his peak. The same goes for Gojo at his absolute peak, and the entire plan for the curse spirits relies on Gojo being gone and Sukuna being on the side. Clearly, just having Sukuna isn't considered enough to take on Gojo so it's likely the two are either comparable or that Gojo possesses an edge over Sukuna.

We saw Gojo stomp Jougo and beat him silly with only one use of red and his physical strength so it's not like it would be useless against Sukuna. Not to mention that Sukuna only has two known ways to nullify Gojo's Limitless and both only work well if Gojo doesn't possess either equal or just as much cursed energy as him which is up for debate.

Eh, if Jougo can neg Infinity then I doubt sukuna can't and if Sukuna can with his domain then that means Gojo gets endlessly hit by cleave and we know how cleave works. I doubt gojo can neg sukuna domain with his considering sukuna's domain to be literally stated to be a divine technique and doesn't throw up a barrier while gojo still does. They can be relative in ap and dura and speed but once domain comes out he's getting destroyed by cleave since it'll just adjust to gojo if he amps himself.
We saw Gojo stomp Jougo and beat him silly with only one use of red and his physical strength so it's not like it would be useless against Sukuna. Not to mention that Sukuna only has two known ways to nullify Gojo's Limitless and both only work well if Gojo doesn't possess either equal or just as much cursed energy as him which is up for debate.

Im back

Well, basically they mean the same thing, boundless is something that has no limit, like infinity. Does something infinite have limits? No

You're right, but you're wrong.According to Gojo himself, Yuji's Cursed Energy is something simple (Aoi supports this idea), and yet his Cursed Energy increases his techniques by 2x. So in summary the cursed energy evolves techniques. What I'm saying is that the more Cursed Energy you have, the more potency you will have. Or otherwise the concept of Cursed Energy would be useless. So well, what I'm saying is, if someone is saying that someone has infinite potency in Gojo's presence, he is stronger. He cannot defeat, but he is stronger. Mahoraga himself is described as being a creature of extreme power, being the strongest creature of all time, being said to be "Never exorcised". Do you know who in Gojo's past and fought with Mahoraga? A guy who had his same techniques. And well, he must not have been able to deal with Mahoraga , since he was never exorcised. But do you know who managed to Mahoraga defeat? Sukuna (With 15 fingers)
Only problem with this is the assumption that the old limitless user is as strong as gojo with the techniques and in general.

Eh, if Jougo can neg Infinity then I doubt sukuna can't and if Sukuna can with his domain then that means Gojo gets endlessly hit by cleave and we know how cleave works. I doubt gojo can neg sukuna domain with his considering sukuna's domain to be literally stated to be a divine technique and doesn't throw up a barrier while gojo still does. They can be relative in ap and dura and speed but once domain comes out he's getting destroyed by cleave since it'll just adjust to gojo if he amps himself.
Just becaus the Domain was called divine that doesn't mean it's the most powerful one there is. To form that domain isn't about power, it's about skill. Just like Gojo's .2 second expansion is more of a testament to his skill not his power. Not to mention, that Cleave in of itself doesn't neg durability it only adjust it's power depending on the strength of the target. So Gojo could very well just neutralize it by just amping himself up with more cursed energy.

And the big thing about is this, if Sukuna truly is superior to gojo to the point that battle between the pair would end with Gojo dead then the entirety of the plan that the cursed spirits made wouldn't really have to actively revolve around trapping Gojo in the first place. Especially when trapping him was known to be a costly endeavor just going into it.

Cleave is meant to counter adaption, so getting stronger doesn't matter.
that Cleave in of itself doesn't neg durability it only adjust it's power depending on the strength of the target. So Gojo could very well just neutralize it by just amping himself up with more cursed energy.
Just becaus the Domain was called divine that doesn't mean it's the most powerful one there is. To form that domain isn't about power, it's about skill. Just like Gojo's .2 second expansion is more of a testament to his skill not his power. Not to mention,
My point is gege is implying this is a perfect domain in comparison to domains that need a barrier which gojo throws one up so sukuna's domain in skill>gojo's.
Also domains are just expending your curse energy, and we know curse energy is your source of power so it would scale to them.

It doesn't take away the fact that you can be stronger without having to defeat. And as far as we know they both fought, so the best guess is that both fought directly (And the Hax are the same, so bruh)
Their hax being the same doesn't matter. One can be stronger or more refined in their use of it.

I'm talking about red and blue and purple. These can be weaker or stronger. Mahoraga likely got through infinity or he didn't, we're not sure how that fight happened.

Cleave is meant to counter adaption, so getting stronger doesn't matter.

My point is gege is implying this is a perfect domain in comparison to domains that need a barrier which gojo throws one up so sukuna's domain in skill>gojo's.
Also domains are just expending your curse energy, and we know curse energy is your source of power so it would scale to them.
First of all, cleave isn't meant to counter adaptation, it's meant to counter the use of cursed energy to protect one's self. It doesn't autoneg durability or anything like that, so it's possible especially for the likes of gojo who has been shown to have good reactions and the ability to be incredibly precise for one to defend themselves from cleave adjusting itself.

Secondly, skill does not equal power. Just because Sukuna is more skilled in his domain expansion that doesn't make it more powerful than someone else's.

If you're gonna use the author's intent then you should also recognize how the author clearly intends for it to be made clear that Gojo is either = or > than Sukuna because the main antagonist themselves make it point that Gojo must be removed in order for them to win even with the acquisition of Sukuna.

Umm, just putting the word spoiler right before the spoiler isn't really good since the entire sentence is always in view so you'll still read past it subconsciously and have the thing spoiled for you before the word spoiler fully registers.

Hence why spoiler tags exist in the first place.

Do you think it would be harder to get yuji if he's being protected by gojo or without gojo. also peep what geto said https://s6.mangabeast01.com/manga/Jujutsu-Kaisen/0093-004.png
That actually supports my main idea, though it doesn't support all of my points. Getting gojo away from Yuji has never been hard, just look at all the arcs he isn't around before the current one. And the fact that they believe it best to go with trapping gojo instead of just trying to acquire Sukuna points towards it being more reliable to trap gojo than it is to have Sukuna on your side.

That actually supports my main idea, though it doesn't support all of my points. Getting gojo away from Yuji has never been hard, just look at all the arcs he isn't around before the current one. And the fact that they believe it best to go with trapping gojo instead of just trying to acquire Sukuna points towards it being more reliable to trap gojo than it is to have Sukuna on your side.
No it's more just geto saying we'd use sukuna if prison realm didn't work, meaning they think sukuna could also fight gojo

And I don't disagree with the point that Sukuna and Gojo are likely comparable, what I disagree with is the idea that Sukuna is above Gojo.

Oh, no man I literally said they can be relative in stats but I think sukuna's domain is just a better domain. Just from how Gege describes it and it's range is likely greater than gojo's domain expansion too.

While I will agree that the domain is more refined, Gojo's passive actually makes his much better in my mind.

Back