• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

He stated taking a hit from purple even at 100% output would prove to be fatal, meaning he considers the attack to be dangerous

He may not die but he would be at least quite a bit injured leading him to lose the fight
In that case I agree with you, altough not fully as I bleive he would be quite a bit injured but not on a near death state
I agree that's what my point. I mean here I was talking about damage.
Is this looks like he is saying he would die?

Fatal has several meaning beside him surviving 120% HP shows he was talking about getting more damage instead of death.
https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/jjk_23412_010.png

Looks like too far away fr.
https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/jjk_235_5_014.png
That was an improvised purple, not 120 percent.
Not gonna repeat again and again just because you are Ignoring. This is last time I am gonna point this out ^

He can't use DA and TS at once. He was feeding Mahogara/Megumi Gojos domain sure hits so he didn't had DA to counter Gojos technique always.

You are again ignoring the context and what Gojo said. Beside
DA can itself counter sure hits of opponents domain by Fanbook statement from Gege. If Sukuna was really using DA he wouldn't have got hit by UV. Which already shows Sukuna was using TS. DA was also counter to Gojos domain. Sukuna didn't used it because he was using TS that's all.
What is the point being made here? all I’m saying is sukuna got rocked inside his own domain and that’s why he had to heal. He didn’t take physical blows(i.e. punches, kicks, and the red)on purpose. That’s my point here.

That was an improvised purple, not 120 percent.
Black Flash amp is considered as 120% AP beside Gojo had 4 BF previously and narratively it's stated his power got increased.
What is the point being made here? all I’m saying is sukuna got rocked inside his own domain and that’s why he had to heal. He didn’t take physical blows(i.e. punches, kicks, and the red)on purpose. That’s my point here.
Stop changing the topic you said Sukuna got hit by UV I was explaining how he would have countered that if he DIDN'T HAD Mahogara.
What Gojo Surviving Sukuna domain has anything to do with your initial Comment?

Black Flash amp is considered as 120% AP beside Gojo had 4 BF previously and narratively it's stated his power got increased.
his power was amped back to normal. Unless you want to argue that gojo at this moment was stronger than when he first started fighting, this is just a normal purple. This is further backed up by his RCT just returning back to(or at least close to) how it was at the beginning of the fight.
Stop changing the topic you said Sukuna got hit by UV I was explaining how he would have countered that if he DIDN'T HAD Mahogara.
What Gojo Surviving Sukuna domain has anything to do with your initial Comment?
I never meant to insinuate anything other than what I had just commented. Sorry if you misunderstood. Also, if sukuna got hit by UV w/o maho, he’s dead. Gojo stated it himself that sukuna would HAVE to pull out Mahoraga if he opened up his domain again, to which sukuna almost agreed to by responding with “yeahhh, but…you can’t use your domain”.

his power was amped back to normal. Unless you want to argue that gojo at this moment was stronger than when he first started fighting, this is just a normal purple. This is further backed up by his RCT just returning back to(or at least close to) how it was at the beginning of the fight.
This is also further supported by sukuna saying earlier that neither of them were at full power.

I never meant to insinuate anything other than what I had just commented. Sorry if you misunderstood. Also, if sukuna got hit by UV w/o maho, he’s dead. Gojo stated it himself that sukuna would HAVE to pull out Mahoraga if he opened up his domain again, to which sukuna almost agreed to by responding with “yeahhh, but…you can’t use your domain”.
Sukuna was literally caught in UV effect as his domain crumbled. Mahoraga came out because he was hiding in his shadow(hence why sukuna didn’t have to say the line).

that just means people are idiots

from what i've seen gojo was literally kicking sukuna's ass so hard the only reason gojo lost is because of plot

what kind of mental gymnastics did they even use to reach that conclusion?
You can't really blame them especially when Gege self-inserted into Gojo and put Hiean era Sukuna without 10 Shadows above Gojo as well. If that statement didn't exist, there would be far less of these arguments but Gege clearly wanted to make a point even if it doesn't gell with what we have witnessed in the previous chapters.

You can't really blame them especially when Gege self-inserted into Gojo and put Hiean era Sukuna without 10 Shadows above Gojo as well. If that statement didn't exist, there would be far less of these arguments but Gege clearly wanted to make a point even if it doesn't gell with what we have witnessed in the previous chapters.
It’s not like the statement matters since there’s several points in the fight where sukuna would be dead w/o Mahoraga. This is also contradicted by sukuna saying that he needed maho as a role model to defeat gojo.

Gojo was using chants to gets back his output back and I don't see a reason why he didn't got more amps with BF.
Gege's databook statements. So I would rather take that as precedent.
AMPLIFICATION (展延 - ten’en)
Wrapping oneself in a domain like “water”.

The act of expanding a domain thinly, like a film, over one’s own body is called Domain Amplification. When Domain Amplification is activated, it can neutralize the sure-hit effects of a Domain Expansion.

It can also neutralize the technique of any target that is touched, and has the great merit of allowing the user to act freely even while it is activated.

However, while using Domain Amplification the innate technique cannot be activated, so the user is limited to employing physical attacks.

— Panel caption: “Neutralizing jujutsu through Domain Amplification” This means that the attack will hit a sorcerer no matter what technique they have.

(*TN: Amplification is the official Viz translation for ten’en. Ten’en, tenkai and kakuchō are all difficult to translate to English accurately because all literally mean "expansion" with small changes in nuance. Ten’en can be more literally translated as a “small-range expansion” while tenkai is a "wide-range expansion", and kakuchō is a more general term for expansion such as "expand your knowledge")

If Gege constantly hinting Sukuna is holding back (which we don't know). Then just wait. I don't know if his others abilities Bypasses infinity or not all we can do it wait. But whatever currently shown you can still make arguments for Sukuna Fighting in a different ways even without TS.

Btw power wise Gojo and Sukuna doesn't have much difference. They are relative to each other.

well aren't we glad we have the in built power scaler very deep thinking philosophy of feats>statements that allows us to be immune to all authors's terrible writing decisions
i legit cannot think of a single way sukuna without the 10 shadows CT can kill gojo with how he legit kicked his ass during their fight when the guy actually had it

"GeGE BuTchEreD GoJO's ChaRAcTer", yeah ok bro, just take the L.
complaining about terrible writing isn't exactly the same as not accepting gojo's death, he legit assassinated a well written character for no reason when that could easily be avoided

complaining about terrible writing isn't exactly the same as not accepting gojo's death, he legit assassinated a well written character for no reason when that could easily be avoided
Gojo died happy. Sukuna challenged everything he existed to represent and came out on top. He proved he wasnt the strongest and can finally be "Satoru Gojo". How in Gojos name is that bad writting?

Last edited:
Gojo died happy. Sukuna challenged everything he existed to represent and came out on top. He proved he wasnt the strongest and can finally be "Satoru Gojo". How the in Gojos name is that bad writting?

oh yeah, all the terrible writing goes away because he "died happy" ig

all the scenes presented in that chapter goes against how his character was written and established since the very beginning of the series?

from the very beginning, it was established that gojo's goal was to fix the corrupt sorcerer world, that's why he got so many students, that's why he tought them and brought multiple talents under his wings,so with this, you're telling me that after being sealed and killed while failing to change anything at all he is content with dying and leaving everyone behind despite having acheived nothing?

you can't have gojo's goal to be fixing the sorcerer society the entire series then make fail to miserably do anything to acheive that goal yet show the guy being content of dying for no reason becasue appearently his goal this entire time wasn't to change the sorcerer society but to fight a stronger opponent and lose

unless i missed something since i only watched season 1, gojo did not have a good ending, and instead of regretting how he couldn't acheive anything and dying a worthless death, he is content having lost to a stronger opponent, and even when he was beating him up the entire fight, it now somehow established that even without the 10S, he would have struggled against sukuna (somehow)

you tell me how this is a good ending for a well established character in the series?

this the furthest away yoy can get from a good ending, matter of fact, the writing and the execution for all this was terrible

i cannot see how this is "good" in any way shape or form

if you could elaborate, then at least i'd have access to a different point of view ig, that would be appreciated

Gojo was using chants to gets back his output back and I don't see a reason why he didn't got more amps with BF.
Those chants were literally just what he needs to say to charge up hollow purple. He literally was just amped back to normal power😭 your argument necessitates gojo is >gojo at the beginning of the fight. His black flash got his RCT output back to normal levels so it most likely amped him back to normal(or near normal)levels of CE output. The burden would be on you to prove he is stronger than he was at the beginning of the fight.
Gege's databook statements. So I would rather take that as precedent.
Are you talking about just any UV opening or the specific opening made that was 0.01 seconds earlier?

Those chants were literally just what he needs to say to charge up hollow purple. He literally was just amped back to normal power😭 your argument necessitates gojo is >gojo at the beginning of the fight. His black flash got his RCT output back to normal levels so it most likely amped him back to normal(or near normal)levels of CE output. The burden would be on you to prove he is stronger than he was at the beginning of the fight.
from the chapter when he uses 120 percent hollow purple, utahime needed to help out to boost gojos output to hit 120 percent, even with gojo using these chants. So no, gojo did not hit 120 percent with this purple.

oh yeah, all the terrible writing goes away because he "died happy" ig

all the scenes presented in that chapter goes against how his character was written and established since the very beginning of the series?

from the very beginning, it was established that gojo's goal was to fix the corrupt sorcerer world, that's why he got so many students, that's why he tought them and brought multiple talents under his wings,so with this, you're telling me that after being sealed and killed while failing to change anything at all he is content with dying and leaving everyone behind despite having acheived nothing?

unless i missed something since i only watched season 1, gojo did not have a good ending, and instead of regretting how he couldn't acheive anything and dying a worthless death, he is content having lost to a stronger opponent, and even when he was beating him up the entire fight, it now somehow established that even without the 10S, he would have struggled against sukuna (somehow)

you tell me how this is a good ending for a well established character in the series?

this the furthest away yoy can get from a good ending, matter of fact, the writing and the execution for all this was terrible

i cannot see how this is "good" in any way shape or form

if you could elaborate, then at least i'd have access to a different point of view ig, that would be appreciated

This is satoru gojo lmao. A core part of his character is he achieves nothing despite his strength. He said it himself : "Ironic, isnt it? Given everything but unable to do anything."

This is satoru gojo lmao. A core part of his character is he achieves nothing despite his strength. He said it himself : "Ironic, isnt it? Given everything but unable to do anything
If the thing from back then is the hint, then its simply gege cant writes lmao
Sure, u can makes all types of sense out of this shit, however if it was just about the meaning then WHAT STORY DOESNT HAVE MEANING? hell, even baby fairytales have some.
The execution is absolute horse shit, it makes us understands it, but it does not makes us feels it

This is satoru gojo lmao. A core part of his character is he achieves nothing. He said it himself : "Ironic, isnt it? Given everything but unable to do anything."
...and you think him dying while also not acheiving anything again despite actually trying quite a bit is a good ending to his character?

why in god's hell would he even be content with death knowing he didn't do nor acheive anything he ever desired?

what's your response to him suddenly forgetting all his goals because yes why not?

what's your response to him suddenly dying off screen when he winning the entire time?

..i won't even continue

basically you have nothing to justify the horrendus writing

you would only ever have a point if it was meant to be a sad ending, a tragic one something he wasn't satisfied with and died in regret while doing so, something like yoriichi tsugikuni

but this isn't it, he died content and he is all so happy about it without a single care in the world, not to mention the crappy execution

nothing in that ending is well written, it destroyed his character forgot all about his goals went against the entire notion of how the fight went, literally nothing is good

how you find that well written is beyond me

Like my god, Im begging you to just stop defending jjk because if you scroll back like tens of chapter you'll find something that even from back then no one pays attention to it at all
this is even worse than luffy's nika level
the defending logic itself wasnt even that strong, the flow that has been shown doesnt even follow it , the hype that given before has already satisfied the majority of people ( aint no way you gonna argue that gojo's fan doesnt take up atleast 50% of the fans)

Last edited:
I dont even know why im even trying lmao. No matter how gojo died, yall would have been upset lmao. Anw, he is not coming back, Gojo satoru is dead. Move on.
...i feel like you're not understanding the premise, i am not upset gojo died, i am upset at how terribly written his death was and how it basically destroyed his character

that's it

Oh my god this very long to read but just few things to point out

1) If Sukuna didn't use the 10S, the fight would be completely different from the beginning, the 10S was a safe option because it guaranteed 1) removing UV out of the fight and 2) finding a way to get through Gojo's infinity.

2) The last purple was definitely hitting 100%, idk where did people get that Sukuna only survived because it was far away, purple didn't seem explode in that place, Gojo said it hit them, not that they were just affected by the explosion or something

I think different people have different opinions but knowing no author would want to ruin their own manga intentionally or unintentionally. In the eyes of Gege Gojo character might have seemed different than how Gojo fans understand Gojo. It's just Gege's Perception as how he viewed Gojo

Well tbf "no author want to ruin their own manga" can be make to any author and any manga, but we do know that sometimes things look bad, being an author doesn't make u infallible

It's clear that Gege's intention for Gojo has always been to have a problematic personality some form of separation from everyone else he's always been like that as a teen and he didn't change, the thing that occured with Geto motivated him to go down his adult path but he still remained the same person deep down, despite his ability for affection he's consistently flippant about his failures or dire matters, like when Riko died, or right when he got sealed up and now after his death.

Gojo has always been the same person the supposed character assassination is just based on forced perception of him.

Aside that, the Unlimited Hollow Purple should be more than 120%
It was a Maximum Output Blue + Red Amped by Incantations creating a Hollow Purple amped by Incantations again safe to say it's Atleast 120% as even Gojo just chanting for the Regular Hollow Purple carries it from the 120% amp by Utahime to 200%, so at least 180%?

Aside that, the Unlimited Hollow Purple should be more than 120%
It was a Maximum Output Blue + Red Amped by Incantations creating a Hollow Purple amped by Incantations again safe to say it's Atleast 120% as even Gojo just chanting for the Regular Hollow Purple carries it from the 120% amp by Utahime to 200%, so at least 180%?
Regarding that, Gojo skipped the hand signs so he didn't go through a ritual which boosts the CT to 120%, but since he had the bf amp and incantations I think it's safe to say that he hit 100%

Why does Mahoraga deserve a page of its own, anyway? It should probably go under the notable attacks and techniques sections for Megumi and Sukuna

that just means people are idiots

from what i've seen gojo was literally kicking sukuna's ass so hard the only reason gojo lost is because of plot

what kind of mental gymnastics did they even use to reach that conclusion?
Gojo's speech of sukuna holding back, however gojo himself probably didn't even know what killed him and just probably just came to an assumption that sukuna tried harder rather than having to develop a new technique on the fly, which to give props to sukuna the method of death makes sense. At least thats my takeaway

Back